Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's the longest book you've ever read cover to cover?

renaissance

I have no idea what the longest book I've ever read is. 550 pages can be as short as a day and a half of reading depending on how good the book and the time I have to devote to it (I read a lot of David Weber and his books are often 750 plus pages).

The Harry Potter Books and I have read the Bible cover to cover. I figured if I am going to discuss Christian religion with any level of understanding, I need to read the Bible and not just what someone else wrote about it or some excerpts.

The Stand -- 1000+ pages.

See, I couldn't get into The Stand. I borrowed it from this guy who said it was awesome, but I didn't like how it kept shifting story lines. Is it worth the whole read? Should I give it another chance? I think it's still back in my apt.

I read an Al Capone biography that was something like 800-900 with forwards and the like. I tried reading some bigger books, but the subjects just never piqued my interest that much. I think the biggest novel I ever read was American Psycho which was 400 or so pages.

Most books I read are non fiction and either sports, hip hop or history related so my "average" book would be 200-300 pages.

I've read The Fountainhead three full times through. Tried starting Atlas Shrugged but I can't get past the first 100 pages.

I started Atlas Shrugged like three times before I finally read the whole thing and I ended up hating it. Anthem is my favorite book in the world, though. Would you recommend The Fountainhead?

See, I couldn't get into The Stand. I borrowed it from this guy who said it was awesome, but I didn't like how it kept shifting story lines. Is it worth the whole read? Should I give it another chance? I think it's still back in my apt.

It's like most post-apocalypse literature/movies. Great story up until the end, then the ending was kinda like WTF?

A couple of very nice twists and turns in the plot. It was good read, save for the ending.

I started Atlas Shrugged like three times before I finally read the whole thing and I ended up hating it. Anthem is my favorite book in the world, though. Would you recommend The Fountainhead?

I loved the Fountainhead, it has a relation to the arts which is part of what I do for a living. In a sense it's a philosophical comic book because Roark would never be able to exist in the real world but Peter Keetings are everywhere. Once I first started getting some headway into the book I couldn't put it down. I definitely recommend it but I can't guarantee you'd enjoy it.

This is by no means a long book, but has anyone ever read "Kim" by Rudyard Kipling? I've tried to read that book at least 5 times, and I can't get past the first 15 pages before I fall asleep. Is it worth it to push through?

Couldn't get past chapter 2. The dialogue is painful.

Archived