Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DIY Home Improvement Thread..

PleaseBlitz

26 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Anyone have a recommendation for coating a garage floor?  

At one point I was trying to find the epoxy that coats the concourse at Nats Park. For no other reason than it would be cool. I don’t believe I was successful though, and didn’t end up coating my garage.  

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Just discovered this thread and the last few pages have made me feel less awful about my general ineptitude on DIY projects.  Maybe there's hope even for me.  The occasional victories make up for all the frustration. Keep plugging away folks.

• Like 2

On 10/2/2020 at 11:34 AM, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

We’ve been using a timer with ours and it ended up looking like the plug shown on that page. I sort of took the whole extension cord thing literally but then I didn’t exactly go through the directions with a fine toothed comb either. 😬😬😬 is right.

• Like 1

Put it on a 20 amp rated timer switch 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004SOZHXY/ref=psdcmw_6291360011_t2_B00LBHBL6I

with a 20 amp receptacle:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Leviton-20-Amp-Commercial-Grade-Duplex-Outlet-White-10-Pack-M02-CBR20-WMP/203996698

And plug it right in the wall...

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Rental house but I couldn’t stand the vanity.  

Picked up what was a ratty cabinet at an auction for 20 bucks, bowl off eBay for 50 bucks.  The faucet cost more than both.  Had the shellac stuff left over from the bar remodel. ~$200 total and a cpl hours in it.

Looks ok, we’ll see how it holds up.

8CCBD58A-AA2F-443E-A81D-1F7E0C64B155.jpeg

1CBD9A28-9362-4F6E-AA98-4B1BC5F74982.jpeg

• Like 7

Nice. :)

One of the reasons I haven't been around this place that much,(that and too much temptation to ban..well,just about everybody ;) ),is that I'm paying the price for my procrastination in the past. Though to be fair it's been damn busy otherwise on the work front. So I'm taking nearly every opportunity to finish a host of projects. We,(the wife and I),largely dejunked our side yard then redesigned our garden and outdoor living space. This meant moving the garden,(2 large 4x8 planters and several small ones),taking apart the roughed out outdoor kitchen spot and bar and starting over. So far built a small fence around the front yard that's built of wine barrel planters and redwood rails and changed a lot of the irrigation as a result. Built 2 small decks a couple teof weeks ago and about 2 months ago we built a small patio by the newly designed and built shade garden,(that one is going to be redone next Spring),and I've started to work on the outdoor bar area. I'm using a Quickrete walkmaker to make our own pavers,(which we did for the small garden patio),and got a good distance in a short time before the wildfire smoke started to chase us in.

I'm tired of messing around with this **** so the N95 is going and I'm going to at least finish the pavers and such before the end of the month,(I hope). I'll be finishing the trim work and wainscot in the main hallway in the house along with final touch up on the tile floors as well as all that. Then it's time to have fun building stuff for the outdoor kitchen and bar. :)  I'll get some pics tomorrow. 

Oh and btw,some really nice work being done by all of you. Well done.  :)

A simple but effective with lots of elbow grease. Put Clorox in a spray bottle and spray the grout. Use the vinyl bristle brush to clean the grout. Keep the windows open and use a fan. Fan facing up to circulate the air and not to dry the floor yet. Use that big yellow sponge to wipe after brushing as you go along.

Once done I took my carpet cleaner and washed the floor with the rinse option.

Once the floor was fully dried I sealed it with grout sealer. Poured the solution in a container and used a brush to apply the sealant. 

The kitchen floor I have is 20x16 so took me about 6 hours to finish with lots of breaks in the middle....lol

The brush I used was similar to this: LINK

PXL_20210829_122822913.jpg

Edited by zskins
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Yea. They ain't cheap when getting in to the larger sizes, especially when adding in an arbor and such. And yep, the larger sizes especially will try to hurt you if you're a little of,(not straight). Not as bad as a Forstner bit, which will try to tear your shoulder off at times even with a clutch in the drill. 

Latest little honey of a project.  Knew the floors were bad, pulled up the carpet and voila.

Luckily bathrooms are not terrible.

Kitchen?, yeah.  Pics will be forthcoming.  After I get done w this mess in the L/R and down the hallway.

going to try and stay within a $20k budget.  Wish me luck, lol

A163C940-1536-4EC1-AB83-132DED9AD328.jpeg

2EB2B0AF-E3CF-4E89-9AB7-3C2484C78620.jpeg

A36B6C52-6E13-4FF3-9EB6-08393645FE49.jpeg

Edited by stoshuaj
  • Sad 1