Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DIY Home Improvement Thread..

PleaseBlitz

• 3 weeks later...

Nice job Springfield. I give it two years until the kids have taken completely over. I used to have a pretty nice theater of my own over the garage. Nowadays it looks like a Barbie and Lego mass shooting scene

• Like 3

Nice job Springfield. I give it two years until the kids have taken completely over. I used to have a pretty nice theater of my own over the garage. Nowadays it looks like a Barbie and Lego mass shooting scene

Are the barbies naked?

Distance from couch to screen is about 13'. The screen is 120".

Once 4K projectors fall in price, I will swap the current projector out for that.

That looks pretty nice.  I started a movie room in my basement but never quite finished it the way I wanted to.  One thing I did that added a nice touch was buy several movie posters, frame them and hang then around the room.  You can get them pretty cheap here, and then buy some 24x36 frames a photo store.

http://www.allposters.com/-st/Movies-Posters_c101_.htm

That looks pretty nice. I started a movie room in my basement but never quite finished it the way I wanted to. One thing I did that added a nice touch was buy several movie posters, frame them and hang then around the room. You can get them pretty cheap here, and then buy some 24x36 frames a photo store.

http://www.allposters.com/-st/Movies-Posters_c101_.htm

Yeah, I want to decorate it somehow and I think movie posters would be a nice touch. Thanks for the link!

Yeah, I want to decorate it somehow and I think movie posters would be a nice touch. Thanks for the link!

YOu should get one of Goonies and Stand by Me and tell people that these are movies some random Internet guy I've never met has never seen. Great conversation starter. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Just finished staining a couple 2x10s for shelving.  Does anyone know how long the odors and gases carry for?  Wife is pregnant and don't want the fumes in the house (last coat applied 18 hours ago).

Also, is a clear coat necessary?  No traffic and we are going with a rustic look so want to avoid the shine.

thanks in advance!

Edited by steve09ru

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2016 at 8:59 AM, steve09ru said:

Just finished staining a couple 2x10s for shelving.  Does anyone know how long the odors and gases carry for?  Wife is pregnant and don't want the fumes in the house (last coat applied 18 hours ago).

Also, is a clear coat necessary?  No traffic and we are going with a rustic look so want to avoid the shine.

thanks in advance!

If you want to protect the wood,  clear coat is definitely a necessity.   Go with a low a lower sheen clear coat. 

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know what to do with smoke detectors that keep chirping every two minutes? I changed the battery. But it just keeps chirping as if the old dead battery is still in. I tested the detector, and it does go off so I know the current battery is good. 

I tried cutting the power to whatever is causing the sound, but I don't see anything remotely related to smoke detectors on my breaker box. 

Any ideas? 

2 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

Does anyone know what to do with smoke detectors that keep chirping every two minutes? I changed the battery. But it just keeps chirping as if the old dead battery is still in. I tested the detector, and it does go off so I know the current battery is good. 

I tried cutting the power to whatever is causing the sound, but I don't see anything remotely related to smoke detectors on my breaker box. 

Any ideas? 

intersting.  it could mean the battery is not plugged in correctly.  

Also does anyone know of a good kitchen remodeling website??

4 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

Any ideas? 

Did you try taking it outside and smashing it to bits with a hammer? Always works for me.

24 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

intersting.  it could mean the battery is not plugged in correctly.  

Also does anyone know of a good kitchen remodeling website??

I just took the battery out again. And I still hear the chirping. I wonder if the sound is tied into my doorbell. 

And sorry, I don't know about any remodeling websites. 

24 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Did you try taking it outside and smashing it to bits with a hammer? Always works for me.

I almost did that last night, haha. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gamebreaker said:

Any ideas? 

Had this issue at our townhouse - if I remember, the detectors were all connected in some way and had to find the staring point of the issue.  Took me hours and removing every single smoke detector and replacing every battery one time to just say f it

I once rage ripped a smoke detector off of the wall for the same reason. Knowing that the next morning was trash day, I hurled the thing out the window and into the dumpster behind the house.

That night we got a foot of snow, the smoke detector froze to the bottom oft he dumpster, and when the trash came, it did not fall into the truck. I spent the next day with a hammer and chisel hacking my way through the ice down to the smoke detector and then enthusiastically smashing the thing to bits.

My advice: go buy one of the 10 year, never replace the battery smoke detectors that they sell now and don't sweat the hassel.