Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

This pains me to say, but watching the Seahawks last night made me think it might be time for a complete reboot of the uniforms. I would guess that 95% of my posts in this thread call for retro-looking uniforms. But I'm starting to think it's time that we turn the page completely and get with the times. It would be more symbolic than anything else.

We aren't the George Allen Redskins of the 1970s with gold pants. We aren't the Joe Gibbs Redskins of the 1980s with the white jerseys/burgundy pants at home. Our golden age is two decades in the rear view mirror now. Bring those uniforms out every now and again as throwbacks and turn the page.

I am not artistic at all, but I'd love some sort of blend of modern with some iconic imagery. I think it's time that we stop associating this era with the previous ones. We are much different and those other teams/uniforms are already immortal due to their association with success.

Welcome aboard! I do like our current uniforms but I would love a modernization of our uniform. I've almost stopped coming into this thread because of how many pictures there are of 60-70s era ugly gold and mud colored uniforms. 

Welcome aboard! I do like our current uniforms but I would love a modernization of our uniform. I've almost stopped coming into this thread because of how many pictures there are of 60-70s era ugly gold and mud colored uniforms.

I do love those unis though. I just now think they belong in old photos and on VHS tapes. I don't think the Seahawk fans still talk about the Steve Largent era the way we do the John Riggins one. It's a different NFL with different players now...we should have a more modern look with a new progressive mentality as an organization.

• Like 1

We don't need to modernize anything. Like the Packers, Bears, Browns, 49ers and Cowboys. The Skins are about tradition. What we need to do is go back.to the white on burgundy home uniforms and the occasional burgundy on white away uniforms.

• Like 1

How about something like this for a new uni?...

http://i1361.photobucket.com/albums/r670/brentleach/NikeEliteActionFootball_zpsb227190a.png

Someone on the sportslogos.net forums posted this. Kind of an old-school look, but different from what we are used to.

Looks too much like the 49ers look and uses the older blander shades of burgundy and gold that I have not a fan of. Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

Time for a name change, new colors, new culture.

Those Ronald McDonald uniforms are appropriate for this team. They looked like a bunch of clowns running around out there.

Those uniforms can go with Shanny/Bruce

I'm with you on everything but the name. I can't let go of that for some reason. Same reason the Wizards can diaf.

I guess everyone is reaching for anything that would explain the debacle in the field, including the uniforms and name.  Nevermind, they just suck and have won with the name and uniforms in the past.

I hear you man, but for me, it's just something to do Redskins related that isn't about Shanny, Snyder or QB controversies.

I'm on board with a redesign for the new coaching staff/era. I think it's time to either modernize the look or do something completely different (possibly incorporating elements of past uniforms).

If there is enough interest, maybe I can take the ExtremeSkins designs and put it on another webpage and let the fans vote.

IMO the current uni scheme is the only thing going RIGHT with this team. Leave my mustard yellow pants and indian head logo alone. Unless Snyder takes me up on MY logo change idea. See bottom. :excl:

The canary pants will forever be tainted by the stench of the Shanaclans failure. Best get rid of them for all time to help the healing process when they leave.

Edited by Hunter_R
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...