Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

I can only hope. I *love* the yellow pants. My wife often jokes I only watch the Redskins because I love the colors. That's not true, but it helps. To me, this is about as good as it gets. I would use it for home and away, haha.

09000d5d829029f8_gallery_600.jpg

Yeah. Still my favorite Skins unis ever! Although I am partial to the Sonny/Billy era unis. That 70th uni was sharp. (I also liked the throwbacks with the leather-look helmet the last two years!)

I don't hate the "yellow" pants. Kind of like 'em actually, but I would like 'em even better if they were that color of GOLD instead! After all, we ARE supposed to be burgundy and GOLD.

• Like 1

I liked the look of the throwback this year and felt with a few modifications and modernizations it could work as our regular unis. No stripe helmet with gold face mask (though I switched back to the spear in my final design) and putting the Redskins "R" on the blank gold pants to give it something. Then I switched out the older logo from the jersey and replaced it with the more modern one and came up with this.

modernthrowbackcust_zps9c0f979c.jpg

got my vote ... this would be awesome!  I'm good for 1 home and 1 away jersey if they make this switch.

Ok, so how about a hybrid of uniforms past? Take the gold numbers and no stripe pants from this last throwback, the stripes for the sleeves and socks from the spear throwback, make the one feather the stripe on the helmet again, and then add a few logos to the helmet and pants to break up the monotony of just solid colors and we get something like this:

modernthrowbackcust2copy_zpsd4742f3c.jpg

1.  Gold Pants are great.  They most definitely need to stay, but...it would be nice if they were slightly darker and less shiny.  Color wise, something in between the current yellow pants and the 70th anniversary gold.  The "gold" in post #6738 is along the lines of what I am thinking.

2.  Burgundy Pants are great.  They need to be brought back but updated.  

3.  The team needs to decide on the piping.  

• *The triple striped gold pants, or the double piping on the White / Burgundy?  
  • *Solid Burgundy socks, double striped socks with Burgundy, and multi-striped with the Gold. Pick something.  My vote is solid burgundy socks.  
  • *The piping on the helmet can go too.  I liked the look of the helmet when they wore the 80th this year and the current helmet without stripes.  So either do that, or just have a single Gold stripe down the middle.
  • *Remove the double piping on the jersey sleeve.  Just a single gold one for the burgundy jersey, and a single burgundy one for the white jersey.

4.  Ditch the white pants.

5.  The Burgundy needs to be darker.  The current color is closer to Cranberry than Burgundy.  The 80th and 70th Jerseys are the right color.

6.  Home games = Burgundy on Gold.  Hands down, best look for the team.

7.  Away games = White on Burgundy (when the team wears white).  Alt. = White on Gold (once or twice a year).

Edited by Diesel Hog
  • Like 1

Even if we won in those hideous things I'd still be irritated. We need to stick with our real uniforms instead of trying to phase them out.

Damn you Allen  :angry:

gclark.jpg

even when we were winning I liked the Burgundy jerseys better and hated how rarely we wore them

• Like 1

The all white was a nice change up, but if bringing back the red pants means ditching the white pants, I'm all for it.

They kept the white pants this year, for what? ... One preseason game.  They could have done away with those, and worn the burgundy pants on the road for a few games.

• Like 3

Ok, so how about a hybrid of uniforms past? Take the gold numbers and no stripe pants from this last throwback, the stripes for the sleeves and socks from the spear throwback, make the one feather the stripe on the helmet again, and then add a few logos to the helmet and pants to break up the monotony of just solid colors and we get something like this:

modernthrowbackcust2copy_zpsd4742f3c.jpg

Make this happen.

I still don't get why people don't like the white pants. Smh...

czabeskinsuniforms_story1.jpg

because it's plain, it's ordinary, it's a boring as a white dress suit, the few stripes aren't enough to liven it up.  I want color, as much color as possible

Get me a yellow jersey somehow or put red on the white jerseys shoulders like the cards do

All I'm saying is find another option other than the current away setup of white jerseys and gold pants. There's hardly any burgundy at all and those two colors on top of each other just looks lame and uninspiring. It's bland with nothing striking about the contrast (or lack). That combo has worn out its welcome for me.

I still like the burgundy jersey and gold pants though 

• Like 1

Tired of the yellow pants (they aren't gold). They need to go. Our uniforms need updating. Yeah, I said it. They are just too bland.

As far as the all white look: RG3 would look ridiculous in those, with the white sleeve. He would have to wear a black sleeve.

Edited by Bubble Screen