Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

Here's an idea.  Take the 70th Anny/1960s-inspired/spear-feather helmets, whose shade of burgundy should closely match the burgundy of the 80th Anny/1930s-inspired jerseys, and team them up.  So the throwback helmets from about 10 years ago with the throwback jerseys, pants and socks from this year.  Again, just a suggestion.

• Like 1

just a guess, or is that for sure? i thought the team usually wears red jerseys, gold pants for primetime games.

I can tell you for a fact that we won't be wearing the burgundy jerseys tonight....we are the away team and the Vikes will wear their darks, forcing us to wear the white tops.  As for the gold pants, that's just my educated guess.  Maybe we'll see all-white?  Who knows?

Here's an idea.  Take the 70th Anny/1960s-inspired/spear-feather helmets, whose shade of burgundy should closely match the burgundy of the 80th Anny/1930s-inspired jerseys, and team them up.  So the throwback helmets from about 10 years ago with the throwback jerseys, pants and socks from this year.  Again, just a suggestion.

This sounds perfect to me.

I would love to see a uni change to a solid burgundy helmet with no logo, solid burgundy top with no stripes, gold pants with no stripes and solid burgundy socks with no stripes. That look is clean, crisp and classic. It is a combination we used in the 30's so it is traditional as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I was watching the UCLA/Washington Huskies game on ESPN last night, and I noticed that UCLA was wearing some atypical, alternate unis that featured gold facemasks.  And I mean GOLD, not canary yellow masquerading as gold.  It would be interesting to see something like that applied to our 70th Anny, spear-feather helmets, as I think it would serve as a nice compliment to the darker burgundy of those helmets.  And those helmets, as previously stated, would serve as a nice compliment to the rest of the 80th Anny, 1930s-inspired unis we wore a couple weeks back versus San Diego.  The only change I'd make would be to the pants, adding a single burgundy stripe down the pant legs, à la the single black stripe on the Raiders' pants.  Then a white jersey could be added to that uni combo for a road game, and it would look great.

A road game?  Yeah, one road game.  I'm still not sold on this suggested uni combo as our default uniform, just as a once-in-awhile thing.

However, we gotta do something about our current look, particularly our current road look.  I've tried giving the white jersey/"gold" pants combo a chance, but it just isn't working.  As I was watching our game last week versus Minnesota, even when we were up by 13, I'm thinking, "Man, this uni combo is hideous."  Now, there are ways of fixing it.  Last Saturday, when I watched USC smash Cal, I saw a Trojans team, on the road, that made a similar uni combo (white jerseys with maroon-esque numbers and canary yellow pants with maroon-esque leg stripes) look fabulous.  We could do the same thing -- but we'd have to pretty much eliminate white from our uniforms, meaning no white stripes or white numbers.  I think that would look pretty sharp (I've always loved USC's unis, even when I rooted for the rival Huskies as a kid), but does the rest of the Redskins' fanbase agree?  Somehow, I doubt it.

I say bring back the burgundy pants for road games (with the white jerseys), and only use the "gold" pants for home games (with the burgundy jerseys).  For those, like me, who love the burgundy pants and want to see them return, I implore you to write a letter (yes, an actual letter with a stamp and everything) to Dan Snyder requesting that he overrule Bruce Allen's decision to make the "gold" pants the default pants for the overall uniform combo.  We can complain about this issue on here forever; but until the fans let ownership know directly how they feel, nothing will change.

I was watching the UCLA/Washington Huskies game on ESPN last night, and I noticed that UCLA was wearing some atypical, alternate unis that featured gold facemasks.  And I mean GOLD, not canary yellow masquerading as gold.  It would be interesting to see something like that applied to our 70th Anny, spear-feather helmets, as I think it would serve as a nice compliment to the darker burgundy of those helmets.  And those helmets, as previously stated, would serve as a nice compliment to the rest of the 80th Anny, 1930s-inspired unis we wore a couple weeks back versus San Diego.  The only change I'd make would be to the pants, adding a single burgundy stripe down the pant legs, à la the single black stripe on the Raiders' pants.  Then a white jersey could be added to that uni combo for a road game, and it would look great.

A road game?  Yeah, one road game.  I'm still not sold on this suggested uni combo as our default uniform, just as a once-in-awhile thing.

However, we gotta do something about our current look, particularly our current road look.  I've tried giving the white jersey/"gold" pants combo a chance, but it just isn't working.  As I was watching our game last week versus Minnesota, even when we were up by 13, I'm thinking, "Man, this uni combo is hideous."  Now, there are ways of fixing it.  Last Saturday, when I watched USC smash Cal, I saw a Trojans team, on the road, that made a similar uni combo (white jerseys with maroon-esque numbers and canary yellow pants with maroon-esque leg stripes) look fabulous.  We could do the same thing -- but we'd have to pretty much eliminate white from our uniforms, meaning no white stripes or white numbers.  I think that would look pretty sharp (I've always loved USC's unis, even when I rooted for the rival Huskies as a kid), but does the rest of the Redskins' fanbase agree?  Somehow, I doubt it.

I say bring back the burgundy pants for road games (with the white jerseys), and only use the "gold" pants for home games (with the burgundy jerseys).  For those, like me, who love the burgundy pants and want to see them return, I implore you to write a letter (yes, an actual letter with a stamp and everything) to Dan Snyder requesting that he overrule Bruce Allen's decision to make the "gold" pants the default pants for the overall uniform combo.  We can complain about this issue on here forever; but until the fans let ownership know directly how they feel, nothing will change.

A majority of ppl like the current scheme so sorry bro lol.

Dont think i ever would have said this 3 years ago, but I do miss this look:

http://www.studentsoftheworld.info/sites/sport/img/37019_LandryTaylor.jpg

I think I agree, but with a caveat. I either want something completely different (cleaning up the throwbacks and making them permanent, for example) or I want us to go back to white over burgundy on the road. 

I think the throwbacks with a matching helmet (darker burgundy and older logo) and a white jersey for road games would be cool. If not (and I'm sure it's very unlikely to happen), I'd like to see burgundy over gold at home and white over burgundy on the road. We can occasionally still do the white over gold too. I like that as well but don't love the absence of burgundy pants. 

• Like 2

I was watching the UCLA/Washington Huskies game on ESPN last night, and I noticed that UCLA was wearing some atypical, alternate unis that featured gold facemasks.  And I mean GOLD, not canary yellow masquerading as gold.  

We wear gold. It's not masquerading as anything.

If this thread has shown me anything over the last few years, it's that many many people are unaware that there are different shades of the color gold, and that our gold is more actual gold than anything else... Not the new/metallic/true gold that people seem to believe is the only color that should be worthy of the name. (I've posted this about 20 times in here, usually after someone gives a long essay on why the team should return to "Real" gold, not that you did that. I've even posted links/images... Hopefully this time it sticks)

Another odd development is that I've seen some people (maybe jokingly, maybe not) occasionally say that we wear "Red and yellow," now choosing to critique our color burgundy. It's a shame that you need to explain to people how lighting affects different colors (material plays a role as well), and that in any environment, it can appear darker or lighter than it actually is.

Some of you should check out a color palette sometime.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 2

Just because it's technically a shade of gold doesn't stop it from being a gaudy eyesore.

Cool... That doesn't matter to me, because it being/not being an eyesore is purely opinion based. Plenty of arguments can be made for that... Not the actual color. That's where facts come in.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Dont think i ever would have said this 3 years ago, but I do miss this look:

http://www.studentsoftheworld.info/sites/sport/img/37019_LandryTaylor.jpg

I miss the socks more than anything. The ****ized all burgundy socks with the white tops make me want to puke. And the dark cleats ruined that look anyway.

That look is much much more impressive with white/multicolored cleats. I think that would be the best look out of all of our uni's.