Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

Was it the plan to wear these jerseys for this game and the helmet rule caught every off guard?

I'm willing to bet that's what happened... BUT weren't the simulated leather helmets from last season wrapped with a leather printed decal anyway?  Couldnt that be applied to the burgundy helmets?

Either way, it's time to stop mixing & matching.. we wear Gibbs era jersies & helmets with the 75 anniversary pants/socks.. those yellows & burgundies don't really match and now we're wearing our 85th anniversary throwbacks with helmets that aren't designed for them.

How about we tweak these unies once and for all and get full sets that match?

• Like 1

I didn't dislike our look versus San Diego the way that most seemingly did.  It was borne of the NFL's stupid decision to not allow teams to sport throwback helmets anymore.  Yeah, the colors were off, but they were also off when we wore similarly inspired throwbacks during the 1994 season.

I thought the stripes being ditched made for a sleeker looking helmet, and I've long dug the 1930s throwback jerseys because of the use of the old-school Indian-head logo on the sleeves.  As I prefer the current team colors, I'd love to see the team devise a tweaked uniform combination with those colors in mind.  Said uniform combo would feature jerseys with the current helmet logo on the jersey sleeves (with a gold dreamcatcher for the home jersey sleeves and a burgundy dreamcatcher for the road jersey sleeves), moving the numbers to the shoulders.  I'd also like to see the burgundy pants with the gold/white striping return for the road unis, and altered gold pants with burgundy/white striping (as opposed the current burgundy/white/burgundy striping) for the home unis.

Loved the real burgundy jerseys yesterday.

Didn't like the "khaki" gold, and didn't like the mis-match of colors and logos.

The uniforms should be tweaked to be a combo of new and old.

Use the true burgundy color.  The regular "burgundy" jersey is more garnet / cranberry.  Burgundy is like Red, Brown and Purple mixed together.

Use solid burgundy socks (as they did yesterday).  This looks better than the ridiculous stripes.

Darken the current "gold".  Don't make it khaki or that god awful color the Rams changes to.  Just a slightly darker and less shiny version of the current gold will do.

Bring back the burgundy pants.  Modernize them to the triple stripe look (two gold stripes, one white in the middle).

Make the stripes on the pants slightly wider (see Green Bay).

Remove the double stripe on the jersey.  Most players, except Kirk Cousins, tucks their sleeves, so the double piping here is not needed.  Have one solid gold one for the burgundy jerseys, and one solid burgundy one for the white jerseys.

Home games should be Burgundy jerseys / Gold pants.

Road games should be White jerseys / Burgundy pants.  Alt. Road games should be White jerseys / Gold Pants.

The White pants should be retired.

I love the colors of the throwbacks. I would actually love to see us wear those throwbacks as our home uniform. The road uniform could be similar but a white jersey with the true burgundy pants. For the helmet, you could make the burgundy match the throwback jersey and change the logo to be consistent. I love true burgundy and the actual golden gold.

• Like 2

the NFL rules on uniforms are stupid. If a team wants to wear 3 or 4 different styles in a year, that should be fine. Just as long as it doesn't make it confusing during a game. The Skins should be able to wear Burgundy pants...gold....and even white. I never got why guys get fined over socks or whatever. 

again...as far as yesterday....take this jersey (and helmet)

red.jpg

and just darken the color of the burgundy to this.

Burg.jpg

They can keep the numbers white. Just update the outlining to match the darker gold along with the stripes on the sleeve.

_JM321891383510731.jpg

With the pants. Maybe darken it a little more, make it a little more metallic....slightly. Add a burgundy string down the side...and boom. You're done. 

People get so crazy good or bad over Uni's. There have been enough changes over 80 years that another that combines the history and the present is a good idea. Be thankful our colors aren't purple or brown or lime green.

• Like 1

I love the throwbacks but they need to bring back the leather the helmets. The NFL didn't make a rule against alternate helmets, they just suggested that you don't do it. I think a few teams scrapped their throwbacks, the Packers and Bills wore theirs earlier this year but with the regular helmets. The Rams wore throwbacks on Sunday with throwback helmets so it can be done.

I love the throwbacks but they need to bring back the leather the helmets. The NFL didn't make a rule against alternate helmets, they just suggested that you don't do it. I think a few teams scrapped their throwbacks, the Packers and Bills wore theirs earlier this year but with the regular helmets. The Rams wore throwbacks on Sunday with throwback helmets so it can be done.

Do we want to test the NFL with that? They'd probably take away draft picks since our helmets were against the spirit of the no alternate helmet rule.

• Like 3

Hmm, now that makes sense. I saw the recaps on Fox, and was a little miffed because the Rams were obviously wearing their 70's-90's royal/gold uniforms with the helmets.

I don't get it. Do these guys really wear the same helmets every week? The NFL rule or suggestion doesn't make sense to me. The throwbacks would be the exact same style and performance as the current model.

I would think the regular helmets get so dinged up that they have a new one fairly often. It can't be the same one for 16 + games. It's hard for me to imagine a "Rudy-like" gold spray paint assembly line manned by Oompa Loompas refreshing the helmets every Saturday night.

Edited by Hiz and Herzog
  • Like 1

I love the colors of the throwbacks. I would actually love to see us wear those throwbacks as our home uniform. The road uniform could be similar but a white jersey with the true burgundy pants. For the helmet, you could make the burgundy match the throwback jersey and change the logo to be consistent. I love true burgundy and the actual golden gold.

This^^^

Match the shade of burgundy of the helmet to the jersey.  I have a buddy at work that's a die hard Giants fan and he even said he thought the throwback unis looked great.