Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

Leaked new helmet with chrome facemask

I get safety with the helmets. But that means the team should have another helmet for their throwbacks ready and acceptable.

http://www.bucsnation.com/2014/2/20/5430794/is-this-the-buccaneers-new-helmet

UPDATE: It seems it is not real. Made by a Reddit user, and debunked by Warren Sapp. Still waiting for 8PM ET.

• Like 1

Wtf? Oh... And Tampa does not have the best Unis in the NFL, let alone their division.

I actually like the Bucs unis. But that new helmet, aside from the cool chrome mask, is just ridiculous looking. The logo decal is WAAAAAAYYYY too big. Just dumb looking!

• Like 1

Does any of you fellow Redskins fans like my favourite Skins uniform, Burgundy top, White pants and Burgundy socks?

Yeah, their have been several people that say that is their favorite too, but I'm not one of them.  Red jerseys, gold pants at home.  White and red on the road.  That's what I dig.

• Like 2

I think we are due for a major overhaul of the unis. Sure the Skins won a long time ago wearing the 80's style outfits but for 20+ years they have been synonymous with losing. This team needs a "bar rescue" bad and as much as I hate to say it, rebrand the entire franchise.

Ok, so how about a hybrid of uniforms past? Take the gold numbers and no stripe pants from this last throwback, the stripes for the sleeves and socks from the spear throwback, make the one feather the stripe on the helmet again, and then add a few logos to the helmet and pants to break up the monotony of just solid colors and we get something like this:

modernthrowbackcust2copy_zpsd4742f3c.jpg

this, by far, is the most bad-ass uni in the group... love it!

I think we are due for a major overhaul of the unis. Sure the Skins won a long time ago wearing the 80's style outfits but for 20+ years they have been synonymous with losing. This team needs a "bar rescue" bad and as much as I hate to say it, rebrand the entire franchise.

I'd be OK with a change as long as it doesn't go all crazy ala the Jags or Seahawks.  I'd prefer an update that would keep us looking traditional.

• 2 weeks later...

Tampa saw that the ugliest Uni's in the NFL won the Superbowl last year, and are thinking there was a connection.

It looks like Tampa felt the need to be the clear-cut winner in the " ugliest  NFL uniform " category, with Buffalo recently going from the worst, to one of the best, but yeah, Seattle is a good pick also.

Edited by Spearfeather
  • Like 1

The more I see what the new Nike uniform upgrades for teams look like the less I want the Skins to change unis. While the team's current look could use some tweaking, I'd rather run with that instead of taking a chance on getting some overcomplicated mess like Seattle, Jacksonville, and Tampa (Minnesota has the best upgrade, I guess, but even that one bothers me to some degree). Just awful. And what sense does digital numbers make with a pirate themed team? It's like they just pulled rejected designs from the Arena League and assigned them to NFL clubs. I know the teams have to wear it, but do the fans want to buy it?

• Like 1

The more I see what the new Nike uniform upgrades for teams look like the less I want the Skins to change unis. While the team's current look could use some tweaking, I'd rather run with that instead of taking a chance on getting some overcomplicated mess like Seattle, Jacksonville, and Tampa (Minnesota has the best upgrade, I guess, but even that one bothers me to some degree). Just awful. And what sense does digital numbers make with a pirate themed team? It's like they just pulled rejected designs from the Arena League and assigned them to NFL clubs. I know the teams have to wear it, but do the fans want to buy it?

I agree for the most part.  The Redskins do not need an overhaul, just tweaking.  Mainly the piping / stripes.  Those things are a mess and inconsistent (helmet, jersey sleeves, socks, pants).  Additionally, going back to real Burgundy (70th / 80th anniversary jersey color), and a slightly darker "gold" would be nice.

Home = Burgundy on Gold

Away = White on Burgundy

Alt. Away = White on Gold

Other than that, there is not a need for much else.  Classic always wins.  See:  Jets, Bills, Raiders, Chargers (should go back to powder blue permanently), Giants, 49ers, Packers, Bears, Colts, Browns, etc...

Tampa saw that the ugliest Uni's in the NFL won the Superbowl last year, and are thinking there was a connection.

I like the Seahawks unis and I'm starting to think the NFL has clung to its "classic" look for far too long. That being said, the bucs uni is so horrible that I thought it was a spoof when I saw it.

• Like 1

man, what do people here have against colorful unis?  I love multi-colored uniforms.  I'd like to see some like the Bills, or the Cards or the Cowboys alternates in the 90s with the colored shoulders and possibly across the top of the chest and the main body of it a different color