Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

I know you are just playing around and I commend you on your mad design skills, but officially jerseys have to have numbers either on the sleeve or shoulder. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's a requirement by the NFL because of television.

Numerals

© Numerals on the back and front of jerseys as specified under NFL rules for the player’s specific position. Such

numerals must be a minimum of 8 inches high and 4 inches wide, and their color must be in sharp contrast with the

OFFICIAL NFL PLAYING RULES 25

RULE 5, SECTION 4, ARTICLE 1

color of the jersey. Smaller numerals should be worn on the tops of the shoulders or upper arms of the jersey. Small

numerals on the back of the helmet or on the uniform pants are optional.

Ahhh, okay. I see. I think the alternates that they have now are the only jerseys w/ no numbers on the sleeve or shoulder. I'll try my hand at it. Thanks for the feedback guys! I really appreciate it!

Should I place the numbers on the sleeve or the shoulder? Any feedback is appreciated. :)

Numbers on shoulder. Spear logo on sleeve.

• Like 1

Ok, I added the numbers to the shoulders and the spear to the sleeves. Did various color variations as well.

Home

ASxCvnu.jpg?1

Away

iUOpaol.jpg?1

Alternate Home Uniforms

mrUJry8.jpg?1

aRIVP0V.jpg?1

tGBD3yd.jpg?1

Alternate Away Uniforms

v8ZRYBR.jpg?1

I know many of you don't like the idea of black uniforms, but I wanted to make black variations of our uni's.lol inb4donotlike

zoypdut.jpg?1

Was that directed at me or OP?

Mainly to you, but also to anyone else who has never looked at a color palette, beyond the 8-10 generic colors. I don't know whether people do it to be funny, because they believe it, or because they need yet another made up reason to be mad at the franchise. But it's got to stop. Seriously.... It really does.

Yes... there are colors beyond the generic "blue, red, orange" yada yada.

Yes... There are different shades of virtually every color besides black/white (this includes our storied burgundy and gold, and all of its variations).

Yes, some colors do closely resemble other colors ( Which basically mean that yes, you could be right, but that the other person/thing isn't wrong)

Yes, lighting (or lack thereof), material that it's on, etc can make a color appear to look different in different circumstances... Meaning 1:00 kickoff, early in the season... Suns beating down on the field- "Man, it really looks like the Skins are wearing red instead of burgundy". Sorry, the light is playing tricks on you.

And I learned pretty much all of this before I left elementary school. So why is this so difficult for people who are mostly adults? Why, after every time that I post something similar to this, 5-7 posts later, someone yet again claims we wear "Red" or "Yellow" like I never even posted anything? Is it immaturity? Are they color blind?

Why do I sound annoyed? Because to me, as a Skins fan, the term "Burgundy and Gold" means a lot more than simply two different colors on the uniform. It's an identity.  It's a source of pride. It's tradition. It's signifies brotherhood amongst all Skins fans. it's a way of life (no matter how ****ty that life currently is), and every time somebody tries to be funny and says otherwise, it's like they're taking a big dump on all of that, unbeknownst (hopefully) to them.

So no, we don't wear red. We don't wear yellow. We wear ****ing burgundy and ****ing gold, and hopefully that never changes.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one, Sin

We used to wear actual gold back in the day. Now our gold resembles the bottle of French's mustard I keep in the fridge. I don't need a palette to tell me our pants are yellow.

IMO, the Steelers' pants go nice with their jerseys. Same with the Packers. I dont think our pants go good with our burg tops.

I think our uniforms need updating in general. Nothing dramatic. Something similar to what the guy posted above.

Edited by Bubble Screen
  • Like 1

And I learned pretty much all of this before I left elementary school. So why is this so difficult for people who are mostly adults? Why, after every time that I post something similar to this, 5-7 posts later, someone yet again claims we wear "Red" or "Yellow" like I never even posted anything? Is it immaturity? Are they color blind?

Why do I sound annoyed? Because to me, as a Skins fan, the term "Burgundy and Gold" means a lot more than simply two different colors on the uniform. It's an identity.  It's a source of pride. It's tradition. It's signifies brotherhood amongst all Skins fans. it's a way of life (no matter how ****ty that life currently is), and every time somebody tries to be funny and says otherwise, it's like they're taking a big dump on all of that, unbeknownst (hopefully) to them.

So no, we don't wear red. We don't wear yellow. We wear ****ing burgundy and ****ing gold, and hopefully that never changes.

mostly because most people don't care or disagree.  Burgundy and gold are shades of red and yellow and I prefer shades that lean closer to plain old ordinary red and yellow.  

I've seen the gold leaning versions of gold that the 49ers and Saints wear and I don't like them at all.  I think they're ugly.

mostly because most people don't care or disagree.  Burgundy and gold are shades of red and yellow and I prefer shades that lean closer to plain old ordinary red and yellow.  

I've seen the gold leaning versions of gold that the 49ers and Saints wear and I don't like them at all.  I think they're ugly.

I agree.  I do not like the khaki / brownish looking "gold" the 49ers and Saints wear.  I like more yellowish "gold", but I would prefer the gold the Redskins wear to be slightly darker and less shiny.  But, between the 9ers / Rams / Saintsgold and current Redskins gold, I'll take the Redskins gold any day.

The mustard argument always gets on my nerves as well.  If the team wears French's mustard now, and if they darken up to the more 9ers looks, then it will look like brown mustard.  Basically, you can pretty much use the mustard thing for any shade of gold/yellow.  The Saits are dijon, the 9ers are brown, the Skins are French's. 

The gold in StephenB's sig is more along the lines of Gold I like.  It could be the lighting, but it looks a little darker / deeper than the gold the team wears now.

Seriously don't get why anyone posts in this thread.

It's nothing but ppl giving ideas that will never happen and ppl responding with ****ing. It's like running around in circles lol

Hey, it's the offseason. There's gotta be something to **** about.  :lol:

If everybody on this board suddenly started making thoughtful, rational arguments and posts, and looked out for their fellow man/kumbaya and ****, I'd be very alarmed.

• Like 1

It's nothing but ppl giving ideas that will never happen and ppl responding with ****ing. It's like running around in circles lol

Is that not the same as every thread on ES? Lol. Gotta be the majority rule.

The thread will never die until our uniforms stop being ugly or we start winning.

The thread will never die until our uniforms stop being ugly or we start winning.

I honestly love the switch to the gold pants. I got tired as hell of seeing the burg on white, or the white on burg with burg socks, which looked like amateur hour.

I remember a poll (or article... Can't remember) someone posted in the Stadium a couple years ago, where people considered it one of the better combos in the league. But yeah, it does need a little tweaking, because it''s basically the 75th anniversary pants slapped onto the regular uni's, and the other pants have a wide stripe pattern.

If everybody on this board suddenly started making thoughtful, rational arguments and posts, and looked out for their fellow man/kumbaya and ****, I'd be very alarmed.

I think the only thread on this website that is like that is the Wizards thread. And that's probably because we all have bonded around a common enemy. lol

• Like 1