Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

1 hour ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

What's the argument against that? 

That it is too far away. A new stadium is 3 - 5 years away. Most fans wanted this done immediately but also realize last year was way too soon. I think 2 years is a reasonable time and a request to the NFL for an exception on the 5 year rule reasonable. I am actually disappointed this was not announced as part of the sale. That they understand and will be appointing a team to get this done in the next 24 months to launch for the 2025 season. But here we are. 

I do believe, exception or not, they could roll out the "throwbacks" WFT jerseys which are Redskins jerseys with Washington instead of Redskins on the front and the current helmets and still be within the rules. I personally prefer the 60's throwback style with the true burgandy / gold color scheme. I am hopeful that this is in the works for a rebrand and that they are just keeping it very quiet like they have done with everything else so far. No leaks, very secretive. I hope.

HTTR

• Like 3

I'd love to see us called the Washington Veterans. It's along the lines of Patriots but very different....and yes, bring back those old Sammy Baugh uniform colors. We are one of the most historic, proud franchises in the league so let's roll with those themes. The name "Veterans" encompasses ALL who served and demands a team that plays hard. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb down 7
  • Thumb up 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

I'd love to see us called the Washington Veterans. It's along the lines of Patriots but very different....and yes, bring back those old Sammy Baugh uniform colors. We are one of the most historic, proud franchises in the league so let's roll with those themes. The name "Veterans" encompasses ALL who served and demands a team that plays hard. 

Problem with the name Veterans is a lot of ppl pronounce the word totally different

Vedderun

Vetrun

means the same thing but sounds totally different… so imho that alone wouldn’t work 

kinda like in hockey Canadian ppl say “O Fence”…. We say “All Fence”

Edited by Command The 414
  • Haha 3

We're stuck with it for awhile but it will change.  The ownership has huge opportunity to gain fan support and a windfall of merchandise sale. Tie in some of the old history, let the fans interact and contribute and then announce the name and logo with the fans.  Pretty much just do the opposite of what Snyder did and it's a can't miss.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It would be great if they re-adopted the 1960s era throwbacks. I'm sure, at some point in time, a Commander of some army in history led a group of men who carried spears. Then, when they inevitably rebrand, do so around that image. Warriors, Spartans, Natives, or something. It'll be far better and honor the past much more. 

After all the time I have spent mercilessly beating people over the head w/ the information over the proper pathways of the NFL branding process it brings a tear to my eye when I see other people cite correct precedent and processes.

56w6xlou.jpg.45c632cedd890f86acae90f9ade9d2a9.jpg

• Haha 2

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

HHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

It could be worse.

Spoiler

IMG_4243.png?ex=6647e345&is=664691c5&hm=

• Haha 2

The name Commanders stinks. 

Glad fans are showing their displeasure with their dollars.

If the new ownership group loves losing money, then they should hold onto the name.

Name change should be a year 3 move. 

Remove ALL vestiges of Daniel Snyder.

Scrub it off. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Spearfeather said:

I think the helmet looks o.k.

The jersey looks more like a hockey jersey. 

Agreed, but if it's really 90-100 years old, that's what uniforms looked like. Some of the old throwbacks to the 20s and 30s are like that (Green Bay and Pittsburgh come to mind). 

31 minutes ago, El Mexican said:

Man, this classic combo slaps.

It's just very classy and aesthetic allaround.

It truly does! The contrast of burgundy, gold, and white is beautiful. I can't believe I was getting sick of it and wishing for a rebrand at certain points of my life. That's what I get! 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, El Mexican said:

Man, this classic combo slaps.

It's just very classy and aesthetic allaround.

image.thumb.jpeg.c875b41fab319388f749718fcf3f5286.jpeg

While I was / am looking forward to a rebrand I did expect it to be more refresh and less rebrand like we got. Be careful what you wish for? No kidding.

I was hoping to see them go back to a more 60's style and coloring, I thought that made sense. Anyway, as bad and horrid as the new unis are I really dont understand why they cant or wont simply use this, actually the '20-'22 version with WASHINGTON on the front so as to offend with the current helmet. It is already authorized as a throwback and would appease practically all of the fan base until a permanent solution can be redesigned. And give us more W only gear since most dont want to acknowledge the C word. 

Tongue in cheek - Cleveland can be the Browns, can Washington be the Wetzels and return to the old logo? 

Personally, if the old logo were to make a return about the only name that could work is Warriors but I stilll think Redwolves is the best second choice. Sentinels works for me if they would go all in with a Spartan style spear on the helmet a la 60's unis replacing the feather with a yellow ribbon. 

I have also seen a really nice Michigan Wolverine style helmet that would work with any name that I could get behind. It looks more like a W wrapped over the helmet with a spear / arrow head "ghosted" in on the front. 

If Kraken and Valkyrie are acceptable are we opposed to Werewolves? Not better than Redwolves in my opinion but if there is serious opposition to using the word Red in the name it certainly solves that problem while keeping the wolves theme in tact. 

Bryan Flynn @brydfly

image.png.dd0046f3d1e08a04f64d601da3058089.png    

Did this right quick. Would look better with more time on a better model, but it gives you an idea. pic.twitter.com/RYv2GxqZlf

— Bryan Flynn (@brydfly) April 25, 2024

HTTR

Edited by bentskin
  • Like 1
  • Thumb down 4
  • Thumb up 2

3 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Agreed, but if it's really 90-100 years old, that's what uniforms looked like. Some of the old throwbacks to the 20s and 30s are like that (Green Bay and Pittsburgh come to mind). 

Was actually going to say this very thing. If that's the way the uniform looked at that time, even though it may look odd to us now, don't make any major modifications to it.

Do it, the way it was.

• Like 1

1.  Go back to Washington Football Team and uniforms of 2020-2021.  (( am back)

2.  Choose an actual new name AND bring back and make it fit the old logo.  (I am back) (Both 1 and 2 and I am back and elated)

3.  Choose an entire new name and brand and colors with fresh slate and let the Redskins rest in peace.  (I would accept)

4.  Choose new name while continuing with this hybrid nonsense (HTTC, Redwolves, etc)   (I remain out)

5.  Stay Commanders since the name is becoming more and more entrenched (I remain out)

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

this was posted on the reddit notice the striping 

looks much better! 

image.thumb.png.d6ed0fa65655e82d23f99c883886f8d6.png

Much better but still not good enough.  

The "W" on the helmet is as soft, cheap and lame as a logo can possibly get.  Gotta get it off of there.  IF you are going to keep a W on there, it needs to be outlined in white, IMO.  I'm not a real fan of lettering as a primary helmet logo though anyway.  

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2