Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

2 hours ago, superozman said:

i'm sure this has been said in this thread before.  But i'd love to see just a pure mix of all of our uniform opportunities.  White/White.  White/Burg.  White/Gold/  Burg/Gold.  Burg/White.  Burg/Burg.  

I'm always for that...but I don't believe we have gold pants this year....if we have white and burgundy, can we have a third?

2 hours ago, superozman said:

i'm sure this has been said in this thread before.  But i'd love to see just a pure mix of all of our uniform opportunities.  White/White.  White/Burg.  White/Gold/  Burg/Gold.  Burg/White.  Burg/Burg.  

Ealier in this marathon thread I suggested a system for this:

Division Games-Gold Pants

AFC Games-White Pants

Non-Division NFC games-Burgundy Pants

8 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I'm always for that...but I don't believe we have gold pants this year....if we have white and burgundy, can we have a third?

I thought you were allowed a 3rd but the last few years the throwbacks have taken up the 3rd spot. 

Edited by MontanaSkins

57 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

49 minutes ago, MontanaSkins said:

Ealier in this marathon thread I suggested a system for this:

Division Games-Gold Pants

AFC Games-White Pants

Non-Division NFC games-Burgundy Pants

I thought you were allowed a 3rd but the last few years the throwbacks have taken up the 3rd spot. 

27 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

We had them during the preseason, and

Yes.

Yup, I was thinking that 3 pant rule still existed.  I couldn't find anything on it.  And I dont think preseason matters, from years past, but could be wrong.  Different helmet, and different pant, and limits on # of times alternates can be worn is extremely dumb in my opinion.

Teams are now allowed 3 pants options plus the option for whatever your designated Color Rush pants are. So technically, our gold pants could be used as the color rush pant, if the first three options are already filled. Teams are also now allowed to use the color rush at any point in the season and also mix color rush elements (i.e. Color Rush jersey with a non Color Rush pant).

With that being said, are we still going with the same throwback this season? I would imagine so, but I heard any news about it this year.

• Thanks 1

Jerseys have no impact on winning or losing. With that in mind, we should wear fun and exciting colors and combinations. Anything to mix it up. That includes:

white/white

white/burgundy

burgundy/white

burgundy/burgundy

color rush combos (don't think NFL is doing any this year)

white/yellgold

burgundy/yellgold

That would use up our allotted 3 jersey/pant combos. 

I'd rather see all of that than see one game in those hideous boston college mud throwbacks. We shouldn't use throwbacks. Other teams can get away with it because their throwbacks are cool. Our old uniforms are ugly AF and that is being kind. Just move on with new stuff

Obviously, what we should do is redesign our unis to feature 3 different pants and 3 different jersey colors, all of which can be swapped and interchanged while still looking good in any combination. This means stripes and trims are consistent.

Look at the new Jags unis. The Browns unis as well. Everything is consistent and they can mix and match up to 9 different combinations that all look great. 

cleveland-browns-unveil-new-uniforms-69d

996333-browns-cleveland-devoile-leurs-no

r358668_1296x729_16-9.jpg

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

I prefer the gold pants burgundy top (though I agree the pants need to move closer to gold then they are right now).

Having said that, they could wear black latex for all I care as long as we winning.

@Momma There Goes That Man I heard Cowboys hate wearing their blue jerseys and have a losing record in them (especially against us).  Any truth to that?

Edited by Renegade7
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Rogue Jedi said:

Unfortunately, our design/color scheme doesn’t leave all that much for creativity as the Jags/Browns.

Yeah the gold makes it tough to have a jersey that works but I’m sure they could figure out 3 modernized jersey colors if they wanted to

3 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

heard Cowboys hate wearing their blue jerseys and have a losing record in them (especially against us).  Any truth to that?

I couldn’t find any data on it. I wonder if they included the blue Thanksgiving jerseys they wear in any stats on it because it seems historically they do pretty well on thanksgiving. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

heard Cowboys hate wearing their blue jerseys and have a losing record in them (especially against us).  Any truth to that?

That's the legend. 

Gibbs had his teams wearing the white jersey so fans could see the colors of each week's next victim. 

29 minutes ago, TK said:

That's the legend. 

Gibbs had his teams wearing the white jersey so fans could see the colors of each week's next victim. 

Ya, my dad said that was part of rivalry, forcing them to wear the blue unis whenever we could.  Gibbs doing that to everyone doesn't shock me.  He seems like such a nice guy, then I keep hearing how savage he was in the 80s in the same breath.

@Momma There Goes That Man I would imagine the blue throwback on Turkey Day don't count as they choose to wear those, curious about their record when we force them to wear their blue unis or other team's do.  May be one of those that just get passed down by the camp fire from fan generation to fan generation : )

Edited by Renegade7

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Yeah the gold makes it tough to have a jersey that works but I’m sure they could figure out 3 modernized jersey colors if they wanted to

I don't agree with that.  Every practice that fans see the QB is in a yellow no touch jersey and I think it looks good.  Toss in some stripes on the sleeves and it would be gameday ready

• Like 1