Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

26 minutes ago, bentskin said:

This isnt the team trying to hide the logo, these are New Era draft hats which all have the same theme for the event. This is done every year.

I am in agreement with most that the new unis are horrible, the name is awful and the W logo is tolerable at best. Hoping and waiting for a change but I am still of the opinion, could be wrong, they could simply use the "old" WFT jerseys with the current helmets. They are already authorized as throwbacks so why not? 

HTTR

If half the league wants to hide their logos, go for it, but gray on gray is hiding it even if it's supposed to feel cool lol

1 hour ago, NYSkins21 said:

Maybe add in the burgundy and Gold strip on pants.

I don't believe there is anything rule wise stopping us from altering the pants and bringing back the stripe. We can do that whenever we want.

The only draw-back I can think of is shorting the impact of actually bringing that pants stripe pattern back in an eventual rebrand. It wouldn't be as big a deal if we already had it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FootballZombie said:

I don't believe there is anything rule wise stopping us from altering the pants and bringing back the stripe. We can do that whenever we want.

The only draw-back I can think of is shorting the impact of actually bringing that pants stripe pattern back in an eventual rebrand. It wouldn't be as big a deal if we already had it.

Nope, they can change the pants any time, since they're not subject to the 5-year rebranding rule. They could suddenly bust out gold pants without telling anyone either, like the Ravens did for that one game in 2015 where the Chiefs smoked them.

Honestly, I don't know why they didn't just keep the WFT uniforms and added the W to the helmet and other minor things. Seems like it would have made sense...oh wait, I know why they screwed up the uniforms:

jrabmfnwqp2entzsogei.jpg

• Haha 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, NYSkins21 said:

I wish we would do something like this. Maybe add in the burgundy and Gold strip on pants. Shed this Commander design and get back to our history.

64A53F6C-48F5-4233-9596-45A18A05AB69.jpeg

34E9550D-D743-48F7-A92B-01F2B4880B8D.jpeg

Why bro?

We already have the best white (visiting) uniform in Sports.

I'm not biased. It really is incredibly rico suave 👇

image.jpeg.80333bddd04cad1deefbfe7bea78a254.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

2 hours ago, El Mexican said:

Why bro?

This was our uniform. My plea is to go back to it. I’m with ya brother 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, El Mexican said:

Why bro?

For sure! Honestly, if you just take *that* and substitute for the taco holder logo on the helmet (burgundy with gold outline), then you've got a uniform regardless of whether the name gets changed. I want the logo changed too, but then you get into the trademarks, copyrights, branding stuff with the league office, so the taco holder will have to do for now. :)

On 6/14/2024 at 9:30 AM, profusion said:

For sure! Honestly, if you just take *that* and substitute for the taco holder logo on the helmet (burgundy with gold outline), then you've got a uniform regardless of whether the name gets changed. I want the logo changed too, but then you get into the trademarks, copyrights, branding stuff with the league office, so the taco holder will have to do for now. :)

The taco holder is the least of my worries.

It's the new color and the new color combinations.

To me they are a step in the wrong direction and leave us as identity orphans.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 6/17/2024 at 12:20 PM, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

You mean maroon and black?

Jim-Zorn-Dan-Snyder.jpg

HIP HIP HOORAY!!!

I love the maroon and black baby ROFL

On 6/17/2024 at 8:34 AM, RFK Lives said:

Love this, succinctly stated and sums up how a lot of us feel.

Thanks bro. I mean, I've been a fan for 40 years now.

Most of those years I was a hard-core fanatic. Or masochist, as one former GF and later my ex wife repeatedly told me.

Hell, I even chose to watch Redskins' games instead of having sexy times more than once.

Now I really really have to force myself to watch the damn games. I don't exaggerate when I say these unis hurt my eyes.

My biggest "fun" moment is betting with myself when Joe Buck or one of his dumb sportscaster friends calls us "Redskins" by mistake.

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

On 6/18/2024 at 9:17 PM, El Mexican said:

I love the maroon and black baby ROFL

Thanks bro. I mean, I've been a fan for 40 years now.

Most of those years I was a hard-core fanatic. Or masochist, as one former GF and later my ex wife repeatedly told me.

Hell, I even chose to watch Redskins' games instead of having sexy times more than once.

Now I really really have to force myself to watch the damn games. I don't exaggerate when I say these unis hurt my eyes.

My biggest "fun" moment is betting with myself when Joe Buck or one of his dumb sportscaster friends calls us "Redskins" by mistake.

Boy, you summed up exactly how I feel.

As far as the unis go, it's such a simple fix (not talking logo), and one that has been posited various times on this thread: return to the Redskins uniforms.  Return to our old helmet look (ditch this stupid, putrid satin finish helmet, which is soft as ****), sans Native American logo, since the team won't touch Native American imagery anymore.  The "W" should never be on our helmet - ever.  It's beyond horrid and pee-wee league.   Come up with a logo - NOT numbers like we had as the WFT, that was a terrible and lazy look but I understood at the time that it was just a placeholder, so I could stomach it for a few seasons - one that has actually had professionals who have put tons of thought into it.  

Keeping our old Redskins uniforms and helmets (sans old logo) would go a LONG, LONG way towards making the new name or even keeping the putrid "Commanders" name so much more palatable.  It would put water on the fire on so much vitriol going forwards.  It is an easy fix and one the team needs to do, IMO.  

Edited by Redwards
  • Like 5

On 6/21/2024 at 11:23 AM, Redwards said:

Boy, you summed up exactly how I feel.

As far as the unis go, it's such a simple fix (not talking logo), and one that has been posited various times on this thread: return to the Redskins uniforms.  Return to our old helmet look (ditch this stupid, putrid satin finish helmet, which is soft as ****), sans Native American logo, since the team won't touch Native American imagery anymore.  The "W" should never be on our helmet - ever.  It's beyond horrid and pee-wee league.   Come up with a logo - NOT numbers like we had as the WFT, that was a terrible and lazy look but I understood at the time that it was just a placeholder, so I could stomach it for a few seasons - one that has actually had professionals who have put tons of thought into it.  

Keeping our old Redskins uniforms and helmets (sans old logo) would go a LONG, LONG way towards making the new name or even keeping the putrid "Commanders" name so much more palatable.  It would put water on the fire on so much vitriol going forwards.  It is an easy fix and one the team needs to do, IMO.  

This is exactly how I feel. Regardless of the name (and Redskins wasn't even the franchise's first name), it's an institution that is over 90 years old and should be treated as such. The franchise used the same basic look for 50 years with only minor changes over time. Messing with that to the degree that the Snyders did was just stupid.

Harris is a smart man, and I'm pretty he has people on it and will change things as soon as possible. Heck, just look at the Sixers. He's taken them back to their classic unis from some of the awful looks they had before that.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Usually id complain about seeing a lack of commanders gear but this is my 4th day at Disney and I am seeing an unnaturally low amount of sports gear in general. So much so that I can't gripe about seeing a specific team. 

They're probably too broke saving up for Disney to buy any team gear.

Edited by RVAskins
  • Haha 3
  • Thumb up 1

I realize that the name and logo aren't coming back.

But you know what bums me out?  Companies like Homage are pumping out FANTASTIC throwback/retro shirts/hats/sweatshirts, etc, and none of it can apply to us.  I get jealous when I see all the fantastic logos from the 60's, 70's & 80's starting to show up on really good quality apparel.  It's a bummer.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, SkinsFanPA said:

But you know what bums me out?  Companies like Homage are pumping out FANTASTIC throwback/retro shirts/hats/sweatshirts, etc, and none of it can apply to us.  I get jealous when I see all the fantastic logos from the 60's, 70's & 80's starting to show up on really good quality apparel.  It's a bummer.

Yeah but have you seen the new logo? It’s great. It can hold up to 2 tacos!

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, SkinsFanPA said:

Did you just happen to glance over that red bikini bottom themed Commanders hat a few posts up? Wow I mean you’re just missing out. It’s straight fire 

• Haha 1

Not going to post the arcticle the quotes are from, because it's just an invitation for things to spin off into debates that have been repeated ad nauseum here, over the past couple of decades, but there are apparently some new " happenings ". ( Follow up to a tweet about a month ago in another thread. )

( Senator) Daines suggested that the logo could be revitalized to sell merchandise, and a portion of the profits could go toward issues like the epidemic of missing and murdered Indigenous women.

A spokesperson for ( Senator ) Daines said talks with the Washington Commanders on a way to honor the Wetzel family are ongoing and productive.

Daines reached out to Ryan Wetzel ( grandson of Walter ) after his father died last year to see if he could help revive the effort to restore the logo in some way.

... said Armstrong, a descendant of White Calf himself. ( Logo was based on his portraits )

“They’d ( descendents) like a seat at the table,” he said.

• Like 2