Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Portis placed on IR UNCONFIRMED & Merged

KingGibbs

Sorry I Have A Job,dont Sit Home Watching Tv All Day Like Some

How hard is this?

7. Ensure the topic you wish to initiate a thread about hasn’t already been posted.

If you are reporting Redskins "news" or "rumors" more than a few hours old, please use the Search Feature or scan the first two pages of the forum before posting, to ensure the news hasn't already been posted and the topic discussed. Multiple topics will be closed or merged. This is a very large and active community, with sweeping media coverage and up-to-the-minute updates. More than likely, if the news is older than a few hours, the information has already posted and is subject of active debate. If you wish to discuss that topic, you are encouraged to do so in the existing thread.

Not sure what to make of this, draw you own conclusions.

ABC7 out of Chicago per ESPN

Already sidelined by the broken right hand that he sustained on Sunday afternoon, Washington Redskins star tailback Clinton Portis will undergo surgery on his left shoulder, ESPN.com has learned, and will finish the least productive season of his career

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=sports&id=4762292

EDIT: ESPN Link > http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2662253

Who are they going to slap into that roster spot that's worth sending the message that the season's over? I'd rather keep Portis on the roster until the Skins have 8 losses and at least pretend the team can make the playoffs.

This really goes against Gibbs' spiel that JC is in there to help the team win. I know, we all know JC == season's over, but what if, man, what if? Now the Skins have an extra spot for Skip Hicks to come out of retirement. Brilliant.

that has got to be a mistake.

Why does it have to be a mistake. I've said all along since his injury he would have his shoulder repaired in the off season. It's just comes sooner then I expected. That is actually a good thing. It will get his rehab started sooner.

I know shoulder injuries............

A bit more info from KFFL to back up the claims.

Redskins | Portis to undergo surgery on his shoulder

Tue, 14 Nov 2006 20:11:10 -0800

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports Washington Redskins RB Clinton Portis (hand, shoulder) will undergo surgery on his left shoulder. As previously reported, the Redskins plan to put Portis on Injured Reserve. RB Ladell Betts will replace Portis in the starting lineup. Team officials had planned for Portis to miss three-to-four weeks and return for the last few games of the season. The team later decided that bringing him back late in the year might be too risky and believe it would be best for Portis to have his left shoulder repaired as well.

Redskins | Portis headed to IR

Tue, 14 Nov 2006 19:37:54 -0800

ESPNews reports Washington Redskins RB Clinton Portis (hand) will be placed on Injured Reserve, ending his 2006 season.

this has been confirmed per ESPN

I guess the Duckett trade looks a little smarter now huh?

Well if he plays sure.

Actually having depth on the team for every position would be smarter than having to trade away picks whenever someone goes down.

But thats just my opinion. I'd hate to think what they would have to do if we had injuries like Indy has or New England had a couple years ago and kept winning.

Archived