Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Jackson turns down title shot against Machida to coach against Evans on TUF:10

Source: Yahoo

When Rashad Evans climbed into the cage at UFC 96 in March following Quinton “Rampage” Jackson’s victory over Keith Jardine and began jawing nose-to-nose with Jackson, many saw it as a stunt devised by the public relations and marketing wizards at the Ultimate Fighting Championship to drum up interest in a future pay-per-view fight.

But on Thursday, during a conference call to announce the coaches for the 10th season of “The Ultimate Fighter,” Jackson proved conclusively that angry confrontation with Evans was no stunt.

Jackson declined a shot at the Ultimate Fighting Championship’s light heavyweight title, currently held by Lyoto Machida, in order to coach against Evans on Season 10 and have the opportunity to fight him in December.

The show, which will premiere Sept. 16 on Spike TV, will be known as “The Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights.” From the way he sounded on Thursday, Jackson would have been willing to teach grandmothers how to knit if it would have gotten him a chance to fight Evans.

Bottom of Article:

He said Machida didn’t want to coach, because he wants to stay busy. Machida had said on his website that he would defend his belt at UFC 103 in September, but White said Thursday that is not true.

White said he is working on an opponent for Machida, but declined to identify him. He said he could make an announcement as soon as Thursday afternoon, but said the possibility exists that the process could drag on. He wouldn’t put a time frame on it, either.

Edited by WALEOVECHKIN

Shogun vs. Machida is a very compelling matchup, as long as Shogun is truly back to his former self and his win over Chuck isn't just merely a case of Chuck being done as a top level fighter.

I think it's more of the latter. He didn't look that impressive over Chuck IMO. I think Chuck's just older and is stubborn in his ways so everyone has him figured out.

I'll take Machida in this fight for sure.

If I were Jackson..I'd duck Machida right now too. Plus, he's probably getting paid well for TUF 10 and a headliner against Evans when it's over is big $$ as well.

Rua probably has the best shot of anyone left in the division, sans Silva fighting Machida but both of them said they don't want to fight each other.

If I were Jackson..I'd duck Machida right now too. Plus, he's probably getting paid well for TUF 10 and a headliner against Evans when it's over is big $$ as well.

Rua probably has the best shot of anyone left in the division, sans Silva fighting Machida but both of them said they don't want to fight each other.

I also see this as a smart move for Rampage. He knows how much money all the TUF exposure can bring him in the long run. He was made for tV and he knows it. He has also said he wants to get better before gpong after the title again. Let me find the quote....

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=8861&zoneid=2

"To be honest, I wanted to sharpen up on some of my skills....I've been watching my fights... I heard Rashad talking and Joe Rogan talking about I'm getting more predictable, that I'm just out there punching. I haven't been slamming people in a while. I want to get back to slamming people and stuff like that," he said with a longing in his voice. "I want to be more unpredictable. I was unpredictable back in the day... Now I'm just working on everything. And be like the ultimate fighter, the one who can do everything, like GSP baby!"

Not sure he deserves a title shot, but I am very happy Machida is staying busy, so I don't care. If they both win (and I expect them to) Machida-Rampage could be as early as next March.

Looks like Frank Trigg vs. Josh Koscheck @ UFC 103.

Good to see Trigg back in the UFC and away from any microphones. Could be a Hughes/Trigg III if Koscheck beats him. Which by the way reminds me, who do they give Hughes next? Do they go light on him or throw him to another wolf? He obviously can't hang with the big boys anymore, I think the UFC will protect Hughes from here on out. Unless of course he wins a few and they use him as another Chuck Liddell where if you beat him you get an automatic shytle tot.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Hopefully this wasnt already posted.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-top-eight-oh-****-moments-in-mma/

The Top 8 ‘Oh ****!’ Moments from Mixed Martial Arts

Bob “The Beast” Sapp is 400 pounds, and if 300 pounds of it aren’t pure steroids, then someone has got to be ****ing kidding. Going into his fight with Nogueira, his MMA record was 2-0 against two Japanese fighters 1/3 his size. Both fights were identical: TKO via ape spaz, followed by a post-fight interview of, “Paant! Wheeeeze! Paaaant!”

Antonio Rodrigo Minotauro Nogueria is widely regarded as one of the best heavyweight submission experts ever. So this was not so much a matchup between top contenders as it was a field test of jiu jitsu against wild animals. So no one was ready for the oh ****! when Nogueria shot for a single leg and Bob Sapp gut-wrenched him up from the mat and ****ing PILEDRIVED him.

sappnog.gif

Nogueria is legally unkillable, so he shrugged it off, but the move was so awesome that Sapp wanted to relive the moment at all costs. This changed after three more failed, desperate piledriver attempts, when he mostly just wanted a nap. Nogueria won a few minutes later with a straight armbar.

To the Japanese, this was like beating Jesus in a fish-making contest. Bob Sapp was the center of Japan’s media. He had a music video, endorsed hundreds of products, and their tiny people lined up for the honor of being eaten by him. He was the Japanese equivalent of the ‘85 Bears, Crocodile Dundee, Muhammad Ali, and the California Raisins all in one.

sb05sappnog.jpg

He was making so much money that he didn’t give a ****. He used to joke that he could corner the ass-wiping market tomorrow by putting his face on one brand of toilet paper. If there was a paycheck involved, he did whatever. He ate bananas and acted like a gorilla on Japanese TV, which in the black community is like beggin’ whitey’s pardon and askin’ if a softshoe would be to his likin’. It was racist to a point that even Bryant Gumbel called him an Uncle Tom. And Bryant Gumbel is so white that he clutches his purse tighter when he passes by President Obama.

7 more hilarious Oh **** moments at the link. Enjoy. :)

I also see this as a smart move for Rampage. He knows how much money all the TUF exposure can bring him in the long run. He was made for tV and he knows it. He has also said he wants to get better before gpong after the title again. Let me find the quote....

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=8861&zoneid=2

"To be honest, I wanted to sharpen up on some of my skills....I've been watching my fights... I heard Rashad talking and Joe Rogan talking about I'm getting more predictable, that I'm just out there punching. I haven't been slamming people in a while. I want to get back to slamming people and stuff like that," he said with a longing in his voice. "I want to be more unpredictable. I was unpredictable back in the day... Now I'm just working on everything. And be like the ultimate fighter, the one who can do everything, like GSP baby!"

This is awesome news. If Rampage is serious he could really prolong his career by expanding his game. Some of the fighters of his generation should take note (Wanderlei, Cro-Cop, Chuck, etc.)

Kimbo will be on TUF 10

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=Aj_iOL.4tCMzzVc1nPi1.DE5nYcB?slug=ki-kimbo060109&prov=yhoo&type=lgnslol.

Man this should be fun to watch.

THE KING OF THE STREETS IS BACK!!

wow

Rampage + Kimbo has the potential for comedic gold

seriously though, i give him respect for going through The Ultimate Fighter, he could've easily went to japan and made a ton of money in freak show matches, but instead he chose the much more riskier route of TUF

I just found a future TUF cast member...this kid rocks. TUF 2025, here he comes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASr5GcuDHug

I seriously hope I have a kid like this...

wow

Rampage + Kimbo has the potential for comedic gold

seriously though, i give him respect for going through The Ultimate Fighter, he could've easily went to japan and made a ton of money in freak show matches, but instead he chose the much more riskier route of TUF

I think it's hilarious that Kimbo took Dana up on his challenge. If he wants to have any type of legit career and be taken seriously, he needs to go this route and win his way into the UFC. I don't think he will, but I have more respect for him now for taking this on.

Edited by Special K

I hope Kimbo does well but I doubt it.

Ever since his first fight I saw where he detached that guys eye in the backyard and heard he did it because they guy was the neighborhood bully I respect that. What I dont like is his entourage and I am glad they won't be there for it.

I like Kimbo's personality and hope he does well on the show. The catch will be if he has to fight his way on. He loses that one and it's time to call it a career.

Agreed. I like Kimbo as a person.

Props to Kimbo for taking the challenge. SU's right, he could've gone to Japan and done a bunch of the Super Hulk tournaments and other freakshow matches but he wants to be a real fighter.

I think he can be a pretty good fighter one day but my concern is age may have passed him by.