Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

diaz boxing is terrible

the fact that it looks so good is testament to how poor his opponents defense is

diaz wouldn't last 3rds in a boxing match with damn near any professional

I agree in full about the boxing match with a pro, but how many MMAers do you see that really could do that? Diaz almost has no defense and even dares big punchers to swing at his open jaw and still dazzles them with an awesome attack. I know he also acted like a horse's azz tonight but c'mon, Bro- he wasted a dangerous man.

I agree in full about the boxing match with a pro, but how many MMAers do you see that really could do that? Diaz almost has no defense and even dares big punchers to swing at his open jaw and still dazzles them with an awesome attack. I know he also acted like a horse's azz tonight but c'mon, Bro- he wasted a dangerous man.

the fact that Diaz is considered a good boxer by MMA standards, just shows how neglected the discipline is in MMA

more than good he's awkward as hell. his length and reach present more problems for people than his technique

he's dangerous no doubt, but the boxing fan inside me throws a lil when i hear the commentators say he has "phenomenal boxing" :doh:

the fact that Diaz is considered a good boxer by MMA standards, just shows how neglected the discipline is in MMA

more than good he's awkward as hell. his length and reach present more problems for people than his technique

he's dangerous no doubt, but the boxing fan inside me throws a lil when i hear the commentators say he has "phenomenal boxing" :doh:

I think there is a difference between boxing and boxing for MMA. Boxing in anticipation for takedowns and kicks. Anticipation for elbows and superman punches ect...

Just like traditional BJJ has to be adjusted for MMA.

Bring Pacman in here and he'll get tooled for not checking kicks and such.

All very true but that's MMA. Boxers can't wrestle worth a poop. I don't see anything wrong with Nick being praised for his boxing when it's not his pure sport. He should not be asking for a match with Roy Jones though. Silly.

As soon as Lawler stood up, that ended it...the choke was sunk in then. His sub defense is either really ****ty or he panicked uncharacteristically.

forgot to protect his neck in the clinch, he basically gave Shields the choke. can't give a guy like that a choke and not expect him to finish

he just better be lucky his title wasn't on the line

forgot to protect his neck in the clinch, he basically gave Shields the choke. can't give a guy like that a choke and not expect him to finish

he just better be lucky his title wasn't on the line

Yeah after the replays it seems like he got a little sloppy and Shields has world class subs. Shields and Diaz will 100% not fight each other so Strikeforce better bring in some guys lol

if any of you here follow Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, the 2009 World Championships have been going on the last couple of days in California

Roger Gracie facing his teammate Romulo Barral in the finals of the Black Belt Open Weight division tomorrow (Roger Gracie's 7th consecutive open weight finals at the World's)

Not watching the event, but is Rogers legit? Can we expect to see him in the UFC? While he's fighting in a nothing org (albeit hw seems to be the strength), he did beat AA. Maybe he's earned it. The UFC HW division could use some fresh faces.

I recorded the fights and watched when I got home...I thought it was a really good card all around.

The Rogers vs. Arlovski fight was classic, lol. Rogers was on beatdown radio before the fight and predicted exactly what Arlovski would do. Rogers said he would stand there until Arlovski threw strikes then backed up then he would hit him one time and the fight would be over, lololol. I'm sorry, but that's hilarious.

Note to Arlovski: please change your gameplan because your opponents don't respect your strategy anymore :doh1:

Seriously, that's bad when Rogers goes on Beatdown and pretty much says exactly what's going to happen, lol.

after seeing the replay, i take that back, good stoppage

AA went limp on his feet

Glad you said that, I was just going to say the replays showed him limp for a half a second.

But I agree, the initial view looked like a quick stoppage...which had me scratching my head a bit b/c McCarthy is one of the best refs, if not THE best ref, in the business. But the replays definitely showed the KO and the stop was appropriate.

As soon as Lawler stood up, that ended it...the choke was sunk in then. His sub defense is either really ****ty or he panicked uncharacteristically.

As soon as anyone stands up in an attempt to get out of a guillotine or triangle they're pretty much done. Shields is a pretty badass submission guy in mma, I'm surprised Lawler didn't prepare as much and got caught off-guard like that.