Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

seeing Hughes looking depressed in Lawler's corner was pretty funny

How about the look that Mark Coleman had on his face after Baroni lost? He had just watched two of his best friends lose in the first two fights on the main card. I was not sure whether he was going to cry or charge across the ring and spear somebody.

seeing Hughes looking depressed in Lawler's corner was pretty funny
Lol, no kidding...although Lawler's actually a really nice guy, so I kinda felt bad for him. Hughes is a total jerk, so any time he looks upset I laugh.
How about the look that Mark Coleman had on his face after Baroni lost?

Maybe Coleman should tell Baroni pepperoni to stop tanning and taking roids and start focusing on his frickin conditioning, lol. No amount of 'perfect physique' can negate the fact that the idiot doesn't condition. Frickin A I can't stand that guy.

And fighter cam. It's gonna happen.
No way. Unless they find some way to surgically implant it in their bodies somehow???

Otherwise, having a cam attached to a fighter's body is way, way, way too dangerous.

Ref cam is cool though.

WEC 41 Picks (taping it and watching it after the Game 2 of the Finals):

Jens Pulver vs. Josh Grispi: Grispi is another good prospect at only 20yrs old, in what is fast becoming a loaded 145. Why Pulver is still fighting at this point is beyond me. something tells me this will be his last fight though

Grispi by TKO, 1st Round

Donald Cerrone vs. James Krause: don't know much about Krause, except that he's one of the few LW's taller than Cerrone. Cerrone showed his last fight he has one of the best chin's in MMA his last fight. i'm guessing he wins this one.

Cerrone by Submission, 2nd Round

Jose Aldo vs. Cub Swanson: Aldo is one my favorite fighters to watch. lightning quick and accurate with his standup. mixes his strikes well, and makes in fight adjustments based on what his opponent is showing him. pretty good for 22. I hope this fight hits the ground. Aldo's standup is scary, but his team says he's even better on the ground. He comes from Nova Uniao so he's training with some of the best BJJ players in the world

Aldo by TKO, 2nd Round

Mike Brown vs. Urijah Faber: Can Faber stop himself from being recklessly aggressive? Does it matter if he can? Brown is one of the biggest FW's out there and he sound in all areas of the game. Faber is combines flash & substance well, but its not much Brown hasn't seen in his time in MMA. I think Brown will be a bully for most of this fight. its in Faber's hometown so going to a decision might not be the wisest thing in the world. I don't think Faber can disciplined for 5 full round, and when he makes his mistake, Brown will Capitalize

Brown by TKO, 3rd Round

Edited by StillUnknown

How about the look that Mark Coleman had on his face after Baroni lost? He had just watched two of his best friends lose in the first two fights on the main card. I was not sure whether he was going to cry or charge across the ring and spear somebody.

if he attempted a spear, he'd only make it halfway before gassing

Baroni is 13-11, Strikeforce can't dump him cuz he always comes to fight, even though he's the definition of a puncher's chance. He's got a nice chin and heart, always has the potential to clock you. For someone that looks to be so concerned about his physique, he certainly gasses easily.

Same goes for Randleman, okay so he had a ton of time off and staph, but he gassed halfway through round 1. Whitehead gassed quickly as well, but he's a butterball. It still baffles me why these guys are hitting the weights and not doing wind sprints.

Diaz is really, really good. He totally destroyed probably my favorite fighter in Strikeforce and it was a work of art. He has incredible confidence on the feet and is lights-out on the ground. Easy to dislike the guy, hard to deny his skills.

AA is all over the place with his performances. He can KO a guy, get KO'd, throw an epic snore-fest, throw a snore fest that ends in a TKO, get epically KTFO by Viacheslav Datsik. This guy is all over the place. Rogers is a tank and a likeable guy. I'm afraid the proposed fight against Overeem will be his first loss.

Didn't really see the Lawler/Shields fight, but it's certainly not surprising how it ended. As disinterested as I am in watching Shields fight, he's definitely got great subs.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

WEC 41: Mike Who vs. Urijah FABER

Manny Gamburyan vs. John Franchi: Dunno squat about Franchi. The drop in weight should lower the likleihood of Manny getting finished with strikes. He gets it to the ground and subs this kid. Manny, RNC, round 2.

Jens Pulver vs. Josh Grispi: Pulver was a badass, and he's been getting beat by the best lately, but it's just like Matt Hughes. While he's losing to the very best, he's still getting absolutely crushed by them. Grispi is extremely young and extremely versatile. Pulver, once again, has a punchers chance - but I doubt he'll even throw a knockout punch. Grispi, TKO G&P, end of round 1.

Donald Cerrone vs. James Krause: These two fighters are eerily alike. Very tall submission guys. Krause has almost mimicked Cerrone's journey to the WEC, finishing most of his fights by submission in the first round. Experience has to be the deciding factor as far as this goes. Cowboy, lasso choke, rownd nuumber tew hee yaw

Jose Aldo vs. Cub Swanson: Aldo is a monster and I think Swanson is a tad overrated. Jens' only claim to fame in the WEC was taking him out blitzkrieg-through-Poland style. I believe Aldo is on another level than Cub, but when I'm this confident my pick usually loses. Still gotta go with Aldo, UD.

Mike Thomas Brown vs. Urijah Faber: Faber is one of the most exciting fighters to watch these days, but his antics have been known to get him in trouble in more instances than just his last fight with Brown. Mike Brown is almost the opposite in being so disciplined; letting simplicity and power win over speed and style. Gotta go with Brown again, although I think Faber has a better chance than most fans are giving him. I predict a better fight with a worse KO than last time. Mike Brown, KTFO, Round 2.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Aldo is my new favorite fighter lol. that cut on Swanson's head was deep. Aldo is a monster. each knee landed and caused a separate cut on Swanson's face. don't think i have seen that before

Faber gets respect, but Mike Brown is caveman tough

Brown vs. Aldo for the belt will be awesome

Grispi is a serious prospect.

Pulver seriously needs to retire

Cerrone has everything he needs, except wrestling. His takedown defense is horrible and will keep him from a title

Edited by StillUnknown

Aldo had Swanson pouring blood out of that cut. Definitely looking forward to Aldo vs. Brown. Though I think Brown can neutralize Aldo's quickness.

strength against quickness

i hope aldo wins though, he is one of the most exciting guys in MMA right now. KO of the Year nominee

who won between faber and brown? my dvr cut off right at the end of round 1..

Brown by Unanimous Decision, Faber broke his hand in the 1st round though

Brown was just too strong for him. faber tried his best using elbows instead since he couldn't throw punches, but Brown is just a tough SOB

Well I was at the fight. $40 not bad for lower level seats, eh?

It sucks that Faber broke his hand because he came out like a crazy man in round 1.

I still think the bigger issue is that Brown is just huge at 145. This might be a problem for Aldo to when he gets his title shot coming up against Brown.

Faber is used to being the bigger man, or at least the stronger man at 145, but it was easy to see that Brown is just naturally bigger. Faber was definately outstriking Brown, before he broke his hand, but anytime Brown got Faber wrapped up, he was just too strong for Faber to work him on the ground, and Faber constantly used all his energy to stand back up.

The ironic thing is, tonight was supposed to be WEC's 1st PPV, but Vs network talked them out of it. So I wonder if Aldo vs. Brown is going to be the 1st PPV, or the rumored move of Faber going down to 135 to fight Miguel Torres.

I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand PPV would be a good thing for the fighters since PPV revenue would get them bigger pay days, but for me, I am already spending money on UFC most months, and I don't have the spare cash for two PPV events a month. Of coruse if the WEC puts on a spectacular card, then it would UFC I would probably skip.

Aldo vs. Brown should be interesting, but honestly I think Aldo will run into the same problem with the size & strength difference. Of course, who knows what Faber v. Brown WOULD HAVE looked like had Faber not broken his hand so early in the fight.