Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

I believe a couple months ago we were arguing about whether or not Kimbo would ever be in the UFC. Looks like I was on the right side. Even if Kimbo doesn't win a match in TUF, I can still see them bringing him in. Like I said Dana White is pretty much Vince McMahon.

he's 33 and looks 45, his reaction time is basically dead right now. in each of his UFC fights, he's been close to finished.

I think Nog is done competing at the highest level of the sport. Big Nog is one my 3 favorite fighters ever (2nd best HW of all-times imo) so i sincerely hope i'm wrong

I think you're right about Nog being done fighting at the highest level. That being said, I still think he has a great shot at taking out Randy.

I believe a couple months ago we were arguing about whether or not Kimbo would ever be in the UFC. Looks like I was on the right side. Even if Kimbo doesn't win a match in TUF, I can still see them bringing him in. Like I said Dana White is pretty much Vince McMahon.

I am not a Dana lover by any means, but so far, he has stood by his word. The only way he would get into the UFC was by fighting his way in on the Ultimate Fighter.

If he loses his first fight, I don't know if we will see him again. But that is a long way off.

Does it really matter how thick your neck is? I know its the veins cutting off blood to your brain that blacks you out so does the size of the muscles matter?

I have a thick neck and my old boss choked me out in a matter of seconds with a clean choke. It was kind of weird to get tunnel vision like that..

Does anyone else have Time-Warner Cable? I am pretty annoyed that they dropped HDNet this past Sunday.

But hey, at least they picked up the Hallmark Channel, the Smithsonian Channel and Mav TV (what?). :doh:

I've got DirecTV and they still have HDNet. You can get a package similar to the one you had at Time Warner for about the same price, maybe even cheaper. I'd check into it if I were you. I live in NC too and can't stand Time Warner, I have them for internet but they plan on charging by usage in 2010 sometime so I'm going to drop them for that too as soon as it kicks in. Plus DirecTV's customer service is excellent and has a great reputation....and it's the only way to get Sunday Ticket :D

Does it really matter how thick your neck is? I know its the veins cutting off blood to your brain that blacks you out so does the size of the muscles matter?

I have a thick neck and my old boss choked me out in a matter of seconds with a clean choke. It was kind of weird to get tunnel vision like that..

I'm not sure if it matters for chokes but there's a theory that the bigger/stronger your neck muscles are, the better chin you have in striking because it helps keep the head from whipping around therefore lessening the chance of the brain hitting the skull which is one thing that they believe causes a knockout.

I'm not sure if it matters for chokes but there's a theory that the bigger/stronger your neck muscles are, the better chin you have in striking because it helps keep the head from whipping around therefore lessening the chance of the brain hitting the skull which is one thing that they believe causes a knockout.

well Im going to have to take your word on that because I am not letting anyone sock me in the face no matter how thick my neck is!! :silly:

I can understand the theory but I dont know if I believe it. Seems like your brain will slam no matter how still the head is if you are hit hard enough.

but lets just keep that in theory ;)

I've got DirecTV and they still have HDNet. You can get a package similar to the one you had at Time Warner for about the same price, maybe even cheaper. I'd check into it if I were you. I live in NC too and can't stand Time Warner, I have them for internet but they plan on charging by usage in 2010 sometime so I'm going to drop them for that too as soon as it kicks in. Plus DirecTV's customer service is excellent and has a great reputation....and it's the only way to get Sunday Ticket :D

I am going to have to go back to DirecTV eventually. The only problem right now is that I have a friend from college living with me that works for Time-Warner. So we get free cable and internet as well as half price PPVs. So as much as DirecTV has going for it, what I have now is a tough deal to beat. :)

well Im going to have to take your word on that because I am not letting anyone sock me in the face no matter how thick my neck is!! :silly:

I can understand the theory but I dont know if I believe it. Seems like your brain will slam no matter how still the head is if you are hit hard enough.

but lets just keep that in theory ;)

Lol! I don't blame you at all. Maybe that's why it's just a theory...they can't get any volunteers to take a punch in the face for whatever measly rate they pay!

I am going to have to go back to DirecTV eventually. The only problem right now is that I have a friend from college living with me that works for Time-Warner. So we get free cable and internet as well as half price PPVs. So as much as DirecTV has going for it, what I have now is a tough deal to beat. :)

Good reasons. Can't beat a hook up!

I am not a Dana lover by any means, but so far, he has stood by his word. The only way he would get into the UFC was by fighting his way in on the Ultimate Fighter.

If he loses his first fight, I don't know if we will see him again. But that is a long way off.

Dave Kaplan didn't do anything worthy of being brought into the UFC while on TUF, yet he got 2 fights

Kimbo will be in the UFC win or lose on TUF

any size neck can be choked out, the thicker ones tend to be more difficult to lock in. at the end of the day, technique is more important, but neck size plays a part.

look at Sherk, he's been caught a couple of times in guillotines, but his opponent could never really lock it in to really finish the hold

I think you're right about Nog being done fighting at the highest level. That being said, I still think he has a great shot at taking out Randy.

i hope so, but i think Randy avoids the takedowns and wins on the feet. shame they couldn't meet closer to each of their primes. They were in a tournament together a few years back, but Randy lost before they got a chance to fight and Nog went on to win tourney

Edited by StillUnknown

Dave Kaplan didn't do anything worthy of being brought into the UFC while on TUF, yet he got 2 fights

True, but Diamond Dave was buried on the undercard. I don't think that is going to suit Kimbo. And if he loses on TUF, it is going to be difficult to justify him being a main-carder.

True, but Diamond Dave was buried on the undercard. I don't think that is going to suit Kimbo. And if he loses on TUF, it is going to be difficult to justify him being a main-carder.

dana put Junie Browning on the main card, dana doesn't care much about justification

Edited by StillUnknown

I disagree. If he losses he will get his standard fight on the Finale show, then he is gone. He can make more money in Japan elsewhere at that point, and he has also said he would like to try straight boxing.

Damn SU, that sig is hypnotizing.

Anyway, random question: is there ANY way to escape a rear naked choke once it's locked in?

If you can get to your feet you can climb the turnbuckle and flip backwards with a bridge and end up pinning your opponent. I saw Bret hart do it once. :silly:

Damn SU, that sig is hypnotizing.

Anyway, random question: is there ANY way to escape a rear naked choke once it's locked in?

Once it's locked in? Not much you can do. Shrug your shoulders as hard as you can and try to prevent him from getting his hooks in (legs). There's a slight chance of rolling out of one if the hooks aren't in. Grab his forearm and pull down while shrugging so you can un-snell your chin.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

The best answers have already been given but I'd like to add that it also depends on how early in the fight the choke is locked on. Late in a fight, perspiration can play a big role in slipping a choke, although the RNC has got to be the toughest.

My favorite RNC escape was by Matt Hughes against Frank Trigg...it wasn't "locked in" so to speak but that was a hell of a match. I think it happened twice, but one of them had Hughes stand up and slam Trigg to the mat only to get his back and RNC him for a submission.

My favorite RNC escape was by Matt Hughes against Frank Trigg...it wasn't "locked in" so to speak but that was a hell of a match. I think it happened twice, but one of them had Hughes stand up and slam Trigg to the mat only to get his back and RNC him for a submission.

yeah but in the second fight Trigg almost had him. Hughes was heavily dazed but somehow came back to life and put him in the same damn move.

I cant believe Trigg is going to try and fight again. Kosh is going to destroy him.