Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

I hear what youre saying but I hate that excuse. When I play ball I ALWAYS guard my friend because we know each other's style so well that it makes us play our best. plus he is on my level too.

i think it youre the best you wanna fight the best period.

**** all that. Give 'em the right money and it will happen. This ain't a backyard one on one. It's a business. If Dana wants that to happen badly, he'll make it happen.

I hear what youre saying but I hate that excuse. When I play ball I ALWAYS guard my friend because we know each other's style so well that it makes us play our best. plus he is on my level too.

i think it youre the best you wanna fight the best period.

i see your point, but you can't compare playing ball to fighting a friend.

and its not just the two fighters, it also divides their gym since they train together

i see your point, but you can't compare playing ball to fighting a friend.

and its not just the two fighters, it also divides their gym since they train together

if it aint personal i think you can.

i didnt think about the camps but they should be able to.

that would be a dream fight. maybe someone should start a rumor that machida banged anderson's mama!!

Machida isn't losing to anyone in 205 for a long time. Someone will need either a lot of range or a GREAT ground game. He creates distance with his legs and if you get close enough to hit him, he has already hit you. He's a very rounded fighter.

Exactly.

Machida & Anderson don't strike me as money driven people (i could be dead wrong of course)

i'm not sure the UFC could offer the "insane amount of money". for as popular as the UFC is, their top stars don't make anywhere close to what boxers make

Machida isn't losing to anyone in 205 for a long time. Someone will need either a lot of range or a GREAT ground game. He creates distance with his legs and if you get close enough to hit him, he has already hit you. He's a very rounded fighter.

I've been thinking about this, and ironically I think the guy with the best chance to beat Machida at 205 is Evans. The only way might be to put him on his back. Isn't Evans suppose to be the best wrestler at 205? Maybe he just has to keep going for takedown after takedown. Machida might very well be awesome on his back too though. We don't know because we have never seen him there.

If Marquardt is bigger and a better wrestler than Evans he might want to think about stepping up to 205.

Either way, put me on the side that doesn't see Machida losing for 10-15 years.

How do you guys think Randy would do? Probably play right into his hands, but might get him on the fence and work him over.

It is a stretch to imagine anyone outside of Anderson or Fedor (Not talking heavyweights. I think Fedor can make 205 if he wanted to) giving Machida trouble.

Machida & Anderson don't strike me as money driven people (i could be dead wrong of course)

i'm not sure the UFC could offer the "insane amount of money". for as popular as the UFC is, their top stars don't make anywhere close to what boxers make

I see your point, but if Dana White wants this fight to happen badly...it will happen. It's up to him and the fans and business will let him know which decision to make.

Your right. I'd bet they could be offered millions and turn it down. They are prideful people.

I see your point, but if Dana White wants this fight to happen badly...it will happen. It's up to him and the fans and business will let him know which decision to make.

The guys with the belts have some control. Dana can't just put his belts on the shelf if they refuse the fight. There is probably more leverage on the fighters' side in this one.

How do you guys think Randy would do? Probably play right into his hands, but might get him on the fence and work him over.

i'm not sure Randy could get inside to push Machida against the cage. the only time rashad got inside was after Machida tagged him once or twice.

i think Randy would get picked apart on the feet and KO/TKO'd

Your right. I'd bet they could be offered millions and turn it down. They are prideful people.

We'll see. If the UFC wants this to happen, it's gonna happen. Money is not an issue because the amount offered will be outrageous. They'll offer a crazy amount that neither can resist. It won't be Silva or Machido saying no because either side saying no means bad rep. This fight is gonna happen.

x2 right on the money......

I hate Rashad with a passion i'm just glad he got KTFO. He is a complete tool. I picked Lyoto to win but i honestly thought it would be a boring 5 rd decision with 2 counterstrikers.

I wanna see Anderson and GSP fight that is the megafight i want to witness. I really think if GSP fights smart taking it to the ground he can beat him.

Anderson will never fight Lyoto.

I think this was a good card. Not great but definitely good. And light years better than the last one.

But does anyone think Serra beat Hughes? I was very surprised it was not at least a split decision. Serra won the first, Hughes won the second. But Hughes did nothing in the third but score the takedown and do nothing with it. Serra got the takedown with about a minute left and, to me, did more damage in 30 seconds than Hughes did in all the time he has Serra on the ground in maybe the entire fight.

Edited by lovetoaster

Machida is the real deal, but i think that was known before this fight because he's been doing well coming up the ranks.

The UFC is not deep pockets yet, so they can't throw a blank check at Silva/Machida to fight. We are talking about Dana White who gave Randy Couture 250K per fight, which is nothing:hysterical:.

I think this was a good card. Not great but definitely good. And light years better than the last one.

But does anyone think Serra beat Hughes? I was very surprised it was not at least a split decision. Serra won the first, Hughes won the second. But Hughes did nothing in the third but score the takedown and do nothing with it. Serra got the takedown with about a minute left and, to me, did more damage in 30 seconds than Hughes did in all the time he has Serra on the ground in maybe the entire fight.

No way Serra beat Hughes. Serra scored the knockdown in the first and did nothing else. Hughes completely controlled the fight and I'm not even sure Serra really caught him in the first with anything that really hurt him.

Anyway, got to go to the fight again tonight; great energy and the crowd was really into it. Bunch of Canadians there tonight. The fights not televised were Kristoph against a Braziallian guy that he destroyed. I'm pretty drunk so I can't remember all the names off the top of my head and I'm too lazy to look them up. The kid from last seasons TUF who passed out got blasted; he went limp and Yves stopped but just as he did the kid came around so that's why everyone was booing Yves during the PPV.

Machida is so freaking vicious. He's so patient and looks slow and methodical until it's time to pounce then he's lightening freaking fast. To this day I've never seen the guy take a hard shot. He has to be the hardest guy to hit, ever, in the UFC. What a freaking fight. I'm so glad to see Rashad get his ****y ass knocked out. I like Rashad but he was getting a little too big for his britches.

Gotta love free UFC tickets!:D

Sorry, I was busy staring at your sig. Man, her and Carano...:ladiesman

Anyway, I know top boxers can make millions; how much do top UFC guys make?

UFC 98 predictions:

Sean Sherk vs. Frankie Edgar: I see Sherk's conditioning as being to strong for anyone that lacks absolute striking power. This is how BJ finished him and if Edgar doesn't find a huge punch, he's gonna get worn out. Sherk by unanimous.

Dan Miller vs. Chael Sonnen: Chael Sonnen has amazing skills but I've seen him fight 3 times and 2 were losses. It's hard for me to predict victory for a guy who I haven't seen dominate. However, I like the guy's personality and sportsmanship so I'm backing him saturday night.

Sonnen by submission.

Drew McFedries vs. Xavier Foupa-Pokam: I totally agree with DoubleStroke that Drew has become a fighter that's easy to beat if you stay away from him for the first 2 minutes. My problem is that I've never seen this other guy. I gotta go with the fighter I know..

McFedries by KTFO in the first.

Matt Hughes vs. Matt Serra: Matt Serra is further past his prime than Matt Hughes, whose last 2 losses were against the best fighters in the world at the weight class. This will be one heck of a wrestling match that Hughes will win via RNC.

Rashad Evans vs. Lyoto Machida: Well I have a sig bet with Lando (anyone know if he got suspended again?) so even though I'd love to see Machida take his head off, I gotta pick Rashad. :mad:

Evans will put him to sleep in round 4, just like Tito almost did.

Edit: Rashad better not pull any cute, cheeky moves though. Lyoto's reaction time is lightning-fast.

3-2 on the night for me. Didn't do too well in the "win by" column.

I lose again to Lando Bannedrissian. :)

At this point his pwn3ge of me extends at least 2-3 months longer than my run on him over a year ago. The man is barely a member anymore but he continues to smack me around like a wet rag. Congrats the Gloved One. I'll get you yet unless the mods boot your butt for good. ;)

However- it was sweet indeed watching Sugar Rashad get KTFO. That last punch collapsed him like a house of cards. Lyoto Machida had zero trouble evading any shots Evans threw, which were few and far between because he was totally stumped by the Dragon's style. It will be hard for MMAists to avoid becoming proficient in Karate because this is truly the new wrinkle in the sport and the edge fighters will be looking to add to their game.

Hughes-Serra went about as I expected but I thought Hughes would get a sub. When Rogan mentioned how hard Serra is to submit, I realized I hadn't done any homework. But- Do I ever? Knee-Jerk Chachie here.

Overall a nice card. Soszinsky impressed again. He's getting hard to ignore.

Edited by Chachie

I thought there was enough for the Serra Hughe's fight to have been a draw. The majority of the first round was Serra's but Hughes eneded strong. The majority of the thrid round was Hughes but Serra ended strong. The 2nd round was all Matt Hughes. The fight should have been a draw or a Matt Hughes win.

I think Machida's going to hold that belt for a while. It was literally so close that I didn't know who to pick so I went with Rashad because of the Jackson camp factor, and Machida smoked him.

How do you guys see Rampage/Machida going if that's the next fight?

It will be an interesting fight IMO. I think Machida can win a frustrating decision over Rampage but I can't count Rampage out. I can see Rampage handing Machida his first KO/loss too. This fight may be even harder to pick....both are world class.

How do you guys see Rampage/Machida going if that's the next fight?

99-

I can envision a scenario where Dana has Rampage fight Rashad first. The two have the whole "face-off" factor from after Jackson's win over Jardine and Evans might deserve a chance to fight for his rematch. I'm not predicting this, but it wouldn't shock me if it plays out this way.

Edited by Chachie

I see nothing gracious or humble about sugar rashad. he showboats, he dances, he talks trash and his fatmouth wife is constantly screaming from the audience.

the fact that he showed some "humility" when he lost is just because he had to. how do you show off when you get KTFO?

I

Either way, put me on the side that doesn't see Machida losing for 10-15 years.

Really? 10-15 years? This is MMA we're talking about, anyone has a chance at any time. 10-15 fights is even a stretch.

I'm a Machida fan but even he will lose eventually. I hope it won't be for a while, but it will happen. His style will once again force the fighters to evolve much like they did in the past with the various styles that came in and dominated.