Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

I see nothing gracious or humble about sugar rashad. he showboats, he dances, he talks trash and his fatmouth wife is constantly screaming from the audience.

the fact that he showed some "humility" when he lost is just because he had to. how do you show off when you get KTFO?

1. the only fight rashad wasn't humble after the fight was against Tito. every other fight he's showed respect to his opponents. when he ko'd chuck, first thing out his mouth was that he hoped chuck was okay. after he beat forrest he hugged him & talked to him. after salmon, he said he wasn't happy his opponent was seriously hurt.

he may showboat during the fight, but before and after a fight and during interviews he's a classy dude who shows respect to his opponents

2. that wasn't his wife screaming after he KO'd chuck. go back and watch the post-fight interviews again. when rashad's wife comes into the cage after Rashad wins, her mouth is closed, yet you still hear that loud screaming voice from the crowd. rogan got it mixed up, it wasn't rashad's wife screaming.

Edited by StillUnknown

Really? 10-15 years? This is MMA we're talking about, anyone has a chance at any time. 10-15 fights is even a stretch.

I'm a Machida fan but even he will lose eventually. I hope it won't be for a while, but it will happen. His style will once again force the fighters to evolve much like they did in the past with the various styles that came in and dominated.

:welcome:

I might have been exaggerating a little.

I don't think Machida's foil is on the radar right now. It is going to take a world class wrestler with an excellent chin. Can Bader be that guy in 2 years or so?

What if Shogun regains his '05 form?

I think Machida's going to hold that belt for a while. It was literally so close that I didn't know who to pick so I went with Rashad because of the Jackson camp factor, and Machida smoked him.

How do you guys see Rampage/Machida going if that's the next fight?

It will be an interesting fight IMO. I think Machida can win a frustrating decision over Rampage but I can't count Rampage out. I can see Rampage handing Machida his first KO/loss too. This fight may be even harder to pick....both are world class.

I see complete ownage by Machida. If the line is close on this I am driving to Vegas to bet the apartment.

So did you guys catch the comment by Joe Rogan that Machida hasn't eaten a power punch since he fought BJ Penn? That would mean that in 9 fights he's never been really hit and has NEVER been hit hard in the UFC by anyone.

That's incredible. There is no fighter that can say anything like that.

99-

I can envision a scenario where Dana has Rampage fight Rashad first. The two have the whole "face-off" factor from after Jackson's win over Jardine and Evans might deserve a chance to fight for his rematch. I'm not predicting this, but it wouldn't shock me if it plays out this way.

Yeah I can see that but I remember either Goldberg or Rogan mentioning Rampage as the next contender. I thought I remembered Dana saying something like that too a few weeks ago.

I wanted to see Rashad vs Rampage because of the build-up but after seeing Rashad KO'd, I think I'd rather see Rampage take on Machida.

I see complete ownage by Machida. If the line is close on this I am driving to Vegas to bet the apartment.

:laugh: Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. The line on that fight should be very close. Machida is a beast but Rampage is one of the best ever and he's showing no signs of slowing down. I don't see a dominant win either way.

the way rashad fell reminds me of how cro-cop fell. thank goodness the cage was there for rashad.

man that was brutal!!!

and he looks like a nazi zombie in that pic..lol

I said that last night, totally reminded me of Cro-Cop/Gonzaga. I'm glad Rashad came to pretty quickly, I thought he was going to be out for a while. It actually looked like a couple of the hooks before that one hit him harder but that last one connected right on the button.

Edited by #98QBKiller

Thanks SU!!! I was getting text update from my lil sis as I didn't see this one.

I predicted lyoto with my siblings, but not on ES. I'm glad he won. Rashad is a wreslter, but I still hate him even tho...go back to mich and wrestle ya asshat!! Matt said the dorm was going crazy with lyoto's training partners screaming and running around, lol.

:laugh: Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. The line on that fight should be very close. Machida is a beast but Rampage is one of the best ever and he's showing no signs of slowing down. I don't see a dominant win either way.

I haven't been terribly impressed with Rampage in the UFC. Let's look at his fights in the octagon:

KOs Eastman: Not impressive until the knockout shot.

KOs Chuck: He has Chuck's number. Controversial stoppage to boot.

Beats Henderson by decision: Didn't look great doing it, though I do give Henderson some props for that.

Decision loss to Forrest: Looked good at times. Some people thought he won.

KOs Wanderlei: Who isn't these days.

Takes Jardine the distance for a decision.

Nothing in those fights shows me he can handle anything Machida has to offer. The fight will not be close.

Dude, you gotta be kidding, lol. Machida had him outmatched every which way.

He is talking about what I said about the upcoming (allegedly) Rampage-Machida fight.

I'm talking about Rampage, not Rashad. Machida was Rashad's daddy last night.

He is talking about what I said about the upcoming (allegedly) Rampage-Machida fight.

Sorry boys, the alchol from last nights lakers game hasn't worn off yet...

You are all right, totaly my bad!

I haven't been terribly impressed with Rampage in the UFC. Let's look at his fights in the octagon:

KOs Eastman: Not impressive until the knockout shot.

KOs Chuck: He has Chuck's number. Controversial stoppage to boot.

Beats Henderson by decision: Didn't look great doing it, though I do give Henderson some props for that.

Decision loss to Forrest: Looked good at times. Some people thought he won.

KOs Wanderlei: Who isn't these days.

Takes Jardine the distance for a decision.

Nothing in those fights shows me he can handle anything Machida has to offer. The fight will not be close.

The Eastman fight was his first fighting back in a cage, the first round was boring, but that was a hell of a KO in round 2.

How was the Chuck stoppage controversial? Chuck went down and got pounded on until his legs went limp. If you watch the replay he can be seen asking John McCarthy what happened. That was a legit stoppage.

Dan Henderson is also one of the best in the world. Every fight isn't going to be a highlight-reel KO. Rampage took him 5 rounds and won very decisively.

Forrest fight was close as hell, I had Forrest winning but like you said many had Rampage winning.

KOing Wanderlei means a lot for Rampage in particular. Wandy has had Rampage's # for years now and has put 'Page on the bad end of two brutal KOs. Not to mention Wanderlei being a dick at the weigh-ins and pushing Rampage. He was motivated and did what he was supposed to do.

He went 3 round with Jardine and won decisively. Dropped him right before the bell and Jardine had to grab Rampage's leg and hold on for dear life.

Don't see where you're getting that he can't handle Machida. I know it's popular to be on the Machida bandwagon now and I'm not ready to say that Rampage will definitely beat Machida but come on man, you're acting like Rampage is some middle of the pack fighter.

If anything, look at Machida's fights in the UFC and compare them to Rampage's. In seven fights, Machida's finished three people: Rashad, Thiago Silva and Sokoudjou.

In six fights Rampage has finished three people: Chuck, Marvin Eastman and Wanderlei.

Rampage has lost one of those fights in the UFC, Machida hasn't. But I'd argue that Rampage has had better competition aside from Eastman. Machida has fought a lot of mediocre guys like Sam Hoger, Nakamura and David Heath.

Granted, Machida has beaten guys like Rich Franklin and BJ Penn in other organizations but Rampage has beaten guys like Ricardo Arona and Igor Vovchanchyn (when Igor was still in his prime).

They still match up very evenly IMO. Rampage will be the best fighter Machida has faced yet.

The Eastman fight was his first fighting back in a cage, the first round was boring, but that was a hell of a KO in round 2.

How was the Chuck stoppage controversial? Chuck went down and got pounded on until his legs went limp. If you watch the replay he can be seen asking John McCarthy what happened. That was a legit stoppage.

Dan Henderson is also one of the best in the world. Every fight isn't going to be a highlight-reel KO. Rampage took him 5 rounds and won very decisively.

Forrest fight was close as hell, I had Forrest winning but like you said many had Rampage winning.

KOing Wanderlei means a lot for Rampage in particular. Wandy has had Rampage's # for years now and has put 'Page on the bad end of two brutal KOs. Not to mention Wanderlei being a dick at the weigh-ins and pushing Rampage. He was motivated and did what he was supposed to do.

He went 3 round with Jardine and won decisively. Dropped him right before the bell and Jardine had to grab Rampage's leg and hold on for dear life.

Don't see where you're getting that he can't handle Machida. I know it's popular to be on the Machida bandwagon now and I'm not ready to say that Rampage will definitely beat Machida but come on man, you're acting like Rampage is some middle of the pack fighter.

If anything, look at Machida's fights in the UFC and compare them to Rampage's. In seven fights, Machida's finished three people: Rashad, Thiago Silva and Sokoudjou.

In six fights Rampage has finished three people: Chuck, Marvin Eastman and Wanderlei.

Rampage has lost one of those fights in the UFC, Machida hasn't. But I'd argue that Rampage has had better competition aside from Eastman. Machida has fought a lot of mediocre guys like Sam Hoger, Nakamura and David Heath.

Granted, Machida has beaten guys like Rich Franklin and BJ Penn in other organizations but Rampage has beaten guys like Ricardo Arona and Igor Vovchanchyn (when Igor was still in his prime).

They still match up very evenly IMO. Rampage will be the best fighter Machida has faced yet.

Please don't insinuate I am now on the bandwagon for Machida. I don't feel like searching through this thread for my old posts.

Back on topic. The Eastman fight was not his first in a cage. He fought Matt Lindland very impressively in the WCF(?) before the UFC bought them for his contract, and all the guys Rampage KO'd were standing half a foot away from him swinging when it happened. I don't see Machida getting into that Rampage danger zone.

For Rampage to win he will need to go back to the slamming Rampage we haven't seen since his earlier Pride fights.

I am betting Rampage lands on the long list of fighters that could not even get one good clean shot on Machida. But hey, anything can happen in this sport.

Absolutely. Penn and Franklin were as good but not as vicious. I would love to see the Franklin-Machida fight. If you beat Ace you gotta be a 1%er.

(Gonna search it on YouTube now...)

Wow, same deal for Rich. I just watched it. Franklin couldn't land anything and even got dominated on the ground. Nobody can figure Lyoto out. The one common thing is that if you make a move you're getting hit or thrown or taken down.

Please don't insinuate I am now on the bandwagon for Machida.

"BandDragon." I bought a ticket after the Thiago Silva dismantling. :)

You are so right about it being easy to embrace Lyoto but honestly- he's earned as much as anyone. He hasn't lost a round in the UFC. Not a round. That's sick.

Edited by Chachie