Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

You know for years, I've asked myself why do I still continue to watch RAW when it's been ****ty for so many years. And then tonight, in one show, the answer happened. It's finally good again. Which now makes me wonder if Paul Heyman can run the Redskins... :) 

• Haha 3

MJF is one of the best true heels going right now. I wish MLW would get an hour block on cable tv instead of having to get it on the FITE app. There's a good promotion with better production then ROH, one of the "slicker" looking independent shows out there. 

NJPW's G1 Climax tournament started last night. Lots of good matches in the A Block- Osprey vs Lance Archer, KENTA vs Ibushi, & Okada vs Tanahashi.

I remember Archer back on TNA being managed by Christie Hemmie in a tag team playing Rock Band guitars as their gimmick. Dude's a beast now. Really liked seeing him not only bring the Claw back but putting his own twist on it. He basically uses the Claw to get the opponent on the mat then puts his shin across the throat so his weight is on you with the Claw squeezing your brains out. 

Also check out Osprey vs Robbie Eagles from NJPW's Southern Showdown.  

Fight For The Following streams LIVE RIGHT HERE

Meanwhile over on the Network..... 

Here are the matches for tonight’s EVOLVE 10th Anniversary event in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania at the 2300 Arena:

NXT Championship Match

Adam Cole (c) vs. Akira Tozawa

EVOLVE Champion vs. WWN Championship — Winner Take All

EVOLVE Champion Austin Theory vs. WWN Champion JD Drake (Video: Theory, Drake get into a backstage confrontation)

EVOLVE Tag Team Championship Match

Eddie Kingston & Joe Gacy (c) vs. AR Fox & Leon Ruff with Ayla & The Skulk

Catch Point Reunion Match

Matt Riddle vs. WWE Cruiserweight Champion Drew Gulak

Grudge Match

Anthony Henry vs. NXT Superstar Arturo Ruas

Special Challenge Match

NXT Superstar Babatunde vs. Colby Corino

Fatal 4-Way Match

Curt Stallion vs. Sean Maluta vs. Stephen Wolf vs. Harlem Bravado

Special Attraction Match

Josh Briggs vs. Anthony Greene with Brandi Lauren

Special Attraction Match

Shotzi Blackheart vs. Brandi Lauren

Question from the uninitiated as my daughter has recently taken an interest in pro wrestling.

How far ahead does the wwe release their tour schedule?  And is their a site/app to keep ahead of when tickets go on sale?  Because currently it seems as fast as I find out their schedule decent tickets for the event are already on overpriced resale.

On 7/13/2019 at 9:39 PM, KevinthePRF said:

Question from the uninitiated as my daughter has recently taken an interest in pro wrestling.

How far ahead does the wwe release their tour schedule?  And is their a site/app to keep ahead of when tickets go on sale?  Because currently it seems as fast as I find out their schedule decent tickets for the event are already on overpriced resale.

I dont know the exact answer, but I know they announce when they're coming back to the local town after the shows.  That usually around 6 months - 9 months.  So it's just waiting for tix to go in sale.

According to this, they're coming back to DC 3/9/20.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/heelbynature.com/wrestling-news/wwe-touring-schedule-for-remainder-of-2019-and-early-2020/amp/

For anyone who enjoys 80's through early 90's wrestling, redneck culture, and American Ninja Warrior, I'd suggest going to YouTube and searching for Chad Flexington.  I'm rooting for him to win the entire competition.

Actually, the YouTube video doesn't have his intro video, which is half the fun, but hopefully it can be found.

Edited by Forehead

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, ShredSkins said:

Anyone else having a hard time watching WWE since AEW started? 

I had a fleeting expectation that they would step their game up with the competition and move to FOX.  Boy was I was dead wrong. 

They botched Hell in the Cell, they're screwing around with The Fiend, their top babyface is floundering, they screwed up the draft, and now they have this dopey Saudi show nobody cares about.  

I'm not totally in on AEW because I still dont totally care about 80% of the roster and the storylines havent really kicked in yet.  But the product isnt bad.  It isnt blowing my mind either with anything particularly different. 

And gimme more Omega.  I want that guy from a couple years ago that was the best in the world.  They'renot doing a great job of selling why he's a big deal.  He should be THE guy.  Gimme Omega/Okada 4 in AEW, or something.  I'm not really a Moxley guy, so I'm meh on this whole feud right now 

Edited by justice98

I'm having a hard time watching wrestling in general. Granted I haven't been all that fervent for years. But it's painful.

Three hours for RAW is way too long. 

AEW is kind of... boring? I love it's WCW feel. But then I see a guy like that little dude jumping around the ring and he's putting up much more of a fight against Pentagon than he should be. I love their W/L record thing. And I love that they are going to have power rankings. WWE could actually use something like that.

NXT is the best product out there, in my opinion. Too bad that an AEW are on the same day (could always watch one later, but...). Because they are the best wrestling around. 

I can see the W/L record thing seeming like a good idea,  but booking around actual W/L stats can eventually get very tricky if they try to be too strict with it.  I think you kinda need some flexibility in that.  Like if some jobber starts getting over, but they were 3-30 before that.  

Edited by justice98