Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

You know what would be a great angle is if there was some sort of authority figure bad guy trying to hold back the fan favorite from  making it to the top. It'd be especially good if they did it over and over and over again for 20 ****ing years and never came up with anything else.

• Haha 1

If HHH loses to Batista at WrestleMania he has to retire from Wrestling. Could their be an angle where Sting makes an appearance and causes HHH to lose and force his retirement. The other angle could be the Nature Boy helps HHH to win and get his revenge from being attacked.

On 4/1/2019 at 4:40 PM, NoCalMike said:

It's funny how the longer removed we get from ECW folding, the more WWE is able to minimize their perceived influence on WWE's "Attitude Era"

Mick Foley-Taker was a shot in the arm for WWE. Imo, the ECW was a direct influence on that. Changed the nature of how they did all their matches 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gallen5862 said:

If HHH loses to Batista at WrestleMania he has to retire from Wrestling. Could their be an angle where Sting makes an appearance and causes HHH to lose and force his retirement. The other angle could be the Nature Boy helps HHH to win and get his revenge from being attacked.

This is the lamest stipulation.  A 50 year old man, who only wrestles once a year as it is, puts his career on the line.  If he loses, he loses next to nothing 

Edited by justice98
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, justice98 said:

This is the lamest stipulation.  A 50 year old man, who only wrestles once a year as it is, puts his career on the line.  If he loses, he loses next to nothing 

Nah. What's lame is they did the exact same match/stipulation with them about 5 years ago.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, justice98 said:

Wrestlemania is the best spectacle in all of entertainment.  Nobody puts on a singular event like Wrestlemania, nobody.  

That's because it was 7 days long. 

But seriously, the main event didn't even start until after midnight. 

ROH/NJPW G1 Supercard only clocked in at 4 & half hours the night before. NJPW surprised me by having both their IC & Heavyweight titles changing hands again so some after WrestleKingdom. 

Have you checked out MLW or Booker T's ROW? Both shows are available free on the FITE app & have really good production. Harlem Heat recently reunited on ROW. A few weeks back on MLW, Konan vs LO Ki did a no holds barred match where Konan took a spike to the eye. MLW has a pretty good roster. Cornette on color. Pillman's kid is part of the Heart Foundation with one of the Harts & Davey Boy's kid. 

5 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Who has done more for the WWE (aka WWF)?

Hogan, Austin, Rock, or Cena? That's a solid Rushmore of WWE, right?

Edit..I'm sure Triple H would **** about not being included. 🙄

Just a classic case of right place, right time, at all times for Triple H. Nowhere near the others on that list.

Good to see Kofi Kingston get the belt.  Imo it's about 17 years in the making since Booker T should of won the belt against Triple H at WM 19

Edited by Mr. Sinister

I was right about "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair helping HHH win his match. The ending for the Women's match was reportedly botched. Media reports said that Charlotte was to tap out to Becky Lynch. Then it looked like the makeup finish was the roll up bit Rhonda's shoulder was off the mat. 

12 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Just a classic case of right place, right time, at all times for Triple H. Nowhere near the others on that list.

I think I would put HHH over the Rock though.  His contributions to WWE and the wrestling business in general are pretty substantial when you think about it.  From his solo career, to DX, to what he's done with NXT is more than what Rock's contribution was, in aggregate.  NXT, in particular is gonna shape WWE (and pro wrestling) for many years to come.  And he was main eventing PPVs long after Rock was gone.  

Because the question was, who has done more for WWE.  It wasnt necessarily who was the bigger star.  In totality, it's Hogan, Austin, HHH, Rock.  

I think HHH gets the "along for the ride" treatment because he was a heel most of the time.  He was the foil for the babyface, but faces need a foil, and he was gold in that role.  

24 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

It still amazes me how much Cena is overlooked despite being front and center in the WWE for the majority of his 17+ years.

You know what, you're right, I'd put Cena in front of Rock too.  

• Haha 1

Cena couldn't hold the Rock's jock. Cena is like Chris Samuels. A great player with a once great and proud organization but the organization just isn't what it used to be. Just kind of the placeholder until the next generational talent arrives. Obviously we're still waiting on that person, and so is the WWE. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, justice98 said:

I feel like y'all gotta re-read Evil Genius' question.  It's not who was better, who was cooler, who had more catchphrases, or even who had better matches.  It was who has done more for WWE.  Make an argument the Rock did more.

The Rock helped mainstream and legitimize WWE. His crossover appeal brought more casuals and interest to the sport than ever before. He was on morning talk shows, in movies, on SNL, literally everywhere. He cast a spotlight on the promotion that Cena was never able to duplicate. Ratings consistently declined during Cena's era. Cena may have been there longer, but he oversaw a worse period of WWE. Plus, Cena doesn't exist without the presence and platform that the Rock created. 

A huge part of this graph is due to Austin but Rock was the face and leading star when it peaked and his absence directly ties into it's decline despite Austin returning as a regular. 

36229206-1449098933444331-Wayne-Duggan.png

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1