Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

I think Punk is really over WWE.  If he ever wrestled again, he'd go the indy route like Angle or Cody.  

He'd need at least another 5-10 years before he even thought about it.  He'd look like a complete chump if he came back now.  It hasn't been long enough for the water to be under the bridge.

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Is Punk back in the WWE yet? I figured that after his feud, and eventual mma ass whooping, that he would do like a ton of other big names have done over the years and get back on the horse

He's not back.  They were in Chicago this past Monday night, crowd cheering CM Punk when the show started and Stephanie walked to the ring.  She then told the crowd that if they could keep that up (punk cheers) for about 2 minutes and 15 seconds that they would last one second longer than Punk did.  

I think the WWE needs him back, but I have a feeling he has burned his bridges for any return soon.  They did fire him on his wedding day, then he had that lawsuit with one of the companies doctors and AJ retired early.  

2 hours ago, justice98 said:

I think Punk is really over WWE.  If he ever wrestled again, he'd go the indy route like Angle or Cody.  

He'd need at least another 5-10 years before he even thought about it.  He'd look like a complete chump if he came back now.  It hasn't been long enough for the water to be under the bridge.

I remember reading an interview with him and he said he never wanted to be in the WWE in the first place, that he loved wrestling in Japan.  IIRC, because he is very private and nobody would bother him when he was outside of the ring there.

On 12/30/2016 at 0:09 PM, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

He's not back.  They were in Chicago this past Monday night, crowd cheering CM Punk when the show started and Stephanie walked to the ring.  She then told the crowd that if they could keep that up (punk cheers) for about 2 minutes and 15 seconds that they would last one second longer than Punk did.

3x as long as Ronda Rousey.

But I digress. I wanted to say that, while the guy needs some work, Braun Strohmen (sp?) is one huge mother****er. A retarded baboon could book him to the world championship as a monster heel. 

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff

10 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

3x as long as Ronda Rousey.

But I digress. I wanted to say that, while the guy needs some work, Braun Strohmen (sp?) is one huge mother****er. A retarded baboon could book him to the world championship as a monster heel. 

I dont know about that.  Monster heels dont often become world champ unless they can work a little.  

On January 5, 2017 at 6:32 AM, justice98 said:

Anybody catch Wrestle Kingdom?  All I'm hearing was Okada v Omega was in the running for the GOAT match in wrestling history.  I dont watch a lot of NJPW, but I may make time to take a look.

I have been watching NJPW regularly for about 2 years and has been a welcome change to the WWE product. The Okada/Omega match has to be considered one of the greatest wrestling matches within the last 10 years. Wrestle Kingdom will usually have a match of the year on its card. If you enjoy the match below you owe it to yourself to check out the last two matches of WK9.

Edited by Redskins Reparations

So I was zapping through last week or this weeks (I had 11-12 shows on the DVD) ROH show when the Bucks of Youth started cutting a promo on Broken Matt Hardy. Lights go out. All of a sudden the crowd goes ape**** as Broken Matt appears on the tron addressing the Bucks of Youth in the Honorable Ring. Basically the Broken Hardys plan to continue proving they're the greatest tag time in all space & time by deleting the Bucks of Youth run as Honarable Ring tag champs. Later on in the show, Young Bucks are in the ring again, lights go out. When they come back on, Vanguard 1 is flying in to attack the YBs who super kick vg1 to end the show.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Some of that **** had to hurt. Do those dudes wrestle like that all the time? They will be crippled soon.

Watching WWE most of the time, I realize what the "safe WWE style" is when watching Japanese wrestling or some indy stuff.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, justice98 said:

Watching WWE most of the time, I realize what the "safe WWE style" is when watching Japanese wrestling or some indy stuff.  

1. Wrestling is supposed to be safe.

2. The problem with WWE style is not that it's a safe style. The problem is that it's one style that everyone uses in every match.

Generally speaking, I hate Indy wrestling. I got into wrestling because I liked watching 300 pound guys talk trash and then make each other bleed in the ring by beating each other up. (Terry Gordy is, was, and always will be my North Star). I don't want to watch 180 pound guys do stunts together.

Japan was always right on a thin line for me. Honestly, before I was a "smart fan," Japan did more to expose the business for me than anything else. Watching those guys literally beat the **** out of each other sort of threw everything stateside into stark contrast. Ivan Putski versus George the Animal Steele loses a lot of impact after watching Inoki kick a dude into unconsciousness or whatever.

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother
misspelling

This U.K. Championship tournament is pretty damn good. I'm up to the final four right now. Thought it was both interesting & odd that both nights they open the "Welcome grappling fans" line. I just wish they had put anyone else besides Cole on commentary with Nigel, who hasn't called it ROH yet. And speaking of Cole, they should really ban the words "vintage" & "wheelhouse" from his vocabulary before it gets turned into a drinking game. :silly: 

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 11:08 PM, Mr. Sinister said:

Damn, man. RIP, Superfly.

Any word on cause of death? Seemed like he took care of himself post retirement

He argued that he was unfit to stand trial due to stomach cancer and senility. Turned out....he was right!

If he was any good on the mic....and if he wasn't a coke addict....and if he hadn't, you know, murdered his mistress.....Snuka would have been the guy Vince went national with, I think.

If you like old southern wrestling, you owe it to yourself to listen to both halves of Jim Cornette's interview with Austin Idol, darling. If nothing else, it's great to hear an old timer who saved his money, got out relatively young, and seems to have had an awesome life in all regards.

If nothing else, just watch a bunch of Idol promos on Youtube. I think you can make a legit argument that he was a better promo and had a better look than even Hogan, though no one connected with kids the way Hogan did.

• Like 1

I am pretty sure that Bill Goldberg gave himself a concussion on tonights "Royal Rumble go home" episode of Raw. He came to the ring with his forehead busted open and gave a cringe-worthy promo that was fortunately interupted by Paul Heyman. I have no idea what would possess someone to headbutt lockers or doors with enough force to make yourself bleed.

On a side note:

The highlight of the night goes to the fan who tore his shirt off during Goldberg's entrance.

Edited by Redskins Reparations
  • Like 1