Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

Maybe I missed it..but has anyone mentioned that the WCW's reliance on aging stars and a failure to look to the future (Bischoff just wanted to win Monday night, right?) vs the new blood that the WWE was offering at the time might have had something to do with the WCW's demise?

Probably plays a huge roll.  Bishoff lived in the now and didn't plan big picture.  It worked temporarily, but was not a long term fix.  Kinda of like when we would bring in veteran FAs, pay them huge contracts instead of building through the draft..........Vinny was Bishoff!

• Like 2

Maybe I missed it..but has anyone mentioned that the WCW's reliance on aging stars and a failure to look to the future (Bischoff just wanted to win Monday night, right?) vs the new blood that the WWE was offering at the time might have had something to do with the WCW's demise?

IMO, that's exactly what it was. Between that and basically giving Hogan and his pals all the power, it went down hill quickly after that.

Here is a video in WCW as Terror Risin.It would be funny if some of the WCW stars in WWE mentioned this in the monday night wars discussion. HHH kept saying he was in wwe when other came and went. He was also in wcw as Jean-Paul  Lévesque.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_H

He joined World Championship Wrestling (WCW) in 1994, where he was soon repackaged as Jean-Paul Lévesque, a French Canadian aristocrat.[6] In 1995, Levesque moved to the World Wrestling Federation (now WWE), where he became Hunter Hearst Helmsley and, later, Triple H.

Edited by Gallen5862

Haha...I admire your persistence. :)

lol, I am one that thinks HHH/DX did play a main role in the winning of the MNWs.  So, I'm curious to know his reasons since he is determined to not include them.

To be fair, I'll list my main reasons, though I'll probably forget some:

1.  STSA vs Vince - disgruntled, beer drinking, middle finger flipping, pissed at the boss battle.  Bucking authority, related to all middle class men.  Highly entertaining.

2.  Rock - he just blew up once he got on the mic.  Had great matches for the IC with HHH and others.  The title meant something back then.

3.  HHH/DX - see above feud with rock and IC title holder back when the belt was a lot more relevant.  DX forming with SM and Chyna.  Huge, this vulgar, childish acts, ****y/degenerate behavior appealed to younger males from Jr. High to college and even young adults.  They were invading Nitro, etc.  

4.  Writing/scripting - making the most bang for buck with talent.  WCW had the loaded roster, WWE had better writing/booking/etc.  

5.  Sean Michaels/Bret Hart/Taker/Kane- at the top, good feuds.

6.  Mankind - the brought the toughness, attitude and craziness from ECW aboard.  So that satisfied the extreme wrestling fix

This thread has a real Stadiumy feel to it today, lol. I stopped watching wrestling religiously shortly after Sting beat Hogan at Starcade at the-then MCI Center (does MCI LLC still exist?). Anyway, I was there, and it was a great culmination to the buildup that was Sting stalking the NWO. After Sting beat him, it really took a downturn. I think the WCW lost the MNW more than the WWE won it. The NWO Wolfpack was it for me. Goldberg brought me back a little bit, but not for long.

To me, HHH will always be that stuck up British character he played back in the day. Some ****ing forefather of the United States lookin' ass. DX was great at bustin balls, HHH can definitely crack some jokes on the mic. They had a great entrance too. Still, I can't get cup 'o tea Helmsley out of my head, even when I see bald Vince-McMahon-doppleganger-Helmsley playing ultra heel. Every time I'm reminded of how high up he is in the world of wrestling, I become a bit bewildered. It's like if Virgil teamed up with an established superstar, married Steph and now ran the WWE.

How far would HHH be without Sean Michaels and Steph? His character has always seemed a little mundane to me, aside from the jokester he was with DX. Like, what is his identity? He enters the ring with different themes now. To me, he's just "talented wrestler man". That should be his persona. Come out dressed like Hogan when he was Mr. America. "Talented Wrestler Man" takes on "The Undertaker", tonight, on RAW!

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

I actually liked that this thread showed some fire today. It reminded me of back in the day when "pro Wrestling" was "REAL." People used to get genuinely mad when someone insulted their guy.

I'll seriously kill anybody that tries to diss Kane Sans Mask. This **** is REAL. Life and death.

Btw, that vid was hilarious. It started to have buffering issues on my phone though

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Id pay to see an x ray of his body. I know that sounds weird, but dude should be dead. Long dead. He is a biological marvel

Mick Foley was blessed (at least from a wrestling standpoint) with a wide back and a giant flabby ass that was built to take a lot of punishment.  I think any normal muscular guy would have died doing half the crazy **** Foley did.  God bless the man, but I'm afraid he'll be in a wheelchair before his time is up.

I'll tell you what though, the guy definitely out-kicked his coverage.

So did anybody see Brock go HAM on the announce team, camera guy, and F5 Michael Cole? 

A year ago, I really didn't care for Brock. Don't know what happened, but I love how dominating the guy looks in the ring.

LOL, yeah that was pretty funny.  I had read that he signed a new 3 year contract that allowed him limited performances like before.  Stephanie just suspended him indefinitely too.  Probably going on vacation for a while, allow Rollins to make a run, feud with Reigns, Viper, etc.

Then, when Brock comes back, he will destroy whomever is champ and win the title back.