Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About FedExField

Mark The Homer

We also had a B3 lot pass for yesterday. We tried to get to the B3 lot, entering the correct way, and just ended up parking in a different lot. Had I known it was that disorganized I would have just gone to any green lot of my choosing (one near the ES tail gate). I don't really understand the need for a separate green lot. It just seems counter productive considering the overall madness of the parking situation in general.

Also, there was plenty of orange lot parking available. Plenty! As in the orange lot was almost empty and we had to walk past rows and rows of empty spaces on the way to the stadium.

Seems to me that parking needs a bit of an overhaul.

Exit 15 / Morgan is the correct route.

If I was on the beltway coming from the north and I was going to use Exit 15, I'd stay in the far LEFT lane until I was past Arena Drive. Most of the fan traffic is going to be using those first two exits, so I'd skip all that mess. Then I'd swing over to the right lane after Arena Dr, exit 16 and prepare to exit at 15.

Unfortunately, B3 is the most difficult to get to, especially if you are pulling in just before kickoff. The closest actual road you see there on the map is a neighborhood road and should not be used. If you look on the map, you are coming in using Morgan Blvd and entering between the A lots and H lots. You are supposed to be directed to turn left and cross the A lot (behind platinum but in front of orange) to the B3 lot. There is a sort of right of way though the lots there. If they didn't direct you that way, it could have been that the lots over there were full.

The lots opened 13 minutes early yesterday - at 8:47 am (I was at my spot at 8:48 am). But the operations staff cannot help it if too many fans choose to attempt to park within a half hour of kickoff.

You said you left at 8 am. For every fifteen minutes earlier you leave, you'd probably arrive 30 minutes earlier than you think. It can't be overstated - leaving early solves a lot of problems.

Here are some ideas for next time: http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?295958-Avoiding-Gridlock-TWELVE-%28-%29-Different-Approaches-To-FedExField-amp-Lot-Access-Advice

Thanks, Mark. I appreciate it.

Springfield skins is correct. One of the things I thought was odd was that going down Morgan Blvd., there were almost no signs other than Green stay to the left. Had there been a bit more direction there may not have been such an issue. I have already decided I am leaving at 7am from now on... hopefully that will help out the situation. That is unless I don't sell all my tickets due to the piss poor product the NFL has managed to produce for us so far this year.

We also had a B3 lot pass for yesterday. We tried to get to the B3 lot, entering the correct way, and just ended up parking in a different lot. Had I known it was that disorganized I would have just gone to any green lot of my choosing (one near the ES tail gate). I don't really understand the need for a separate green lot. It just seems counter productive considering the overall madness of the parking situation in general.

Also, there was plenty of orange lot parking available. Plenty! As in the orange lot was almost empty and we had to walk past rows and rows of empty spaces on the way to the stadium.

Seems to me that parking needs a bit of an overhaul.

Completely agree with the issues you raised. I arrived via Redskins Rd. at 9:15am and noticed that they were making people with Green B3 passes stop and turn around since B3 is not accessible from that entrance. The Green E lot was pretty full by 11am, and it seemed that they were directing the people who arrived closer to kickoff away from the large tailgate setups near the treeline. This was a welcome change from past practice, when late arrivals were often directed into rows with no spots available and would end up blocking people in.

The orange/purple/platinum lots being mostly empty has been happening for years, but I don't really see any solution. One of the big selling points for premium tickets is that you can park in the purple/orange/platinum lots and be as short a distance to the stadium as possible. Sure, it would alleviate the traffic if they let later arrivals park in the empty orange spots no matter what their parking pass says but the people who pay tens of thousands of dollars for their club seats would raise holy hell.

Cannot state my agreement with what MTH and others have said enough: GET THERE EARLY! I know it's not easy to leave PA at 6 or 7am, but I look at it this way: Redskins season tickets are a huge investment. If you are making this investment, take full advantage of the one of the best tailgating atmospheres in the NFL! I tell all newbies to arrive by 10am, 10:30 latest for 1pm games. From 11am onwards, the traffic get progressively worse towards almost complete gridlock between 12:30-1pm. I know it's tough to get up early on Sundays (especially if you go out the night before) but I would much rather spend 11am-12:30pm grilling and enjoying some cold ones than sitting in traffic.

any update on parking? did anyone find any cheap lots around the stadium? under 20?

Cheapest cash lots I saw around the intersection of Landover Rd. and Brightseat Rd. were $25 and I believe they all allow tailgating. A bargain considering how much quicker the cash lots allow you to get in and out of the stadium.

It is D.C. and the beltway. There's traffic and 80,000 people are trying to go to the same place. Leave early and plan accordingly.

I know some people can't leave early for various reasons, but it is what it is. Going to a football game is an all day event. Fact of life.

any update on parking? did anyone find any cheap lots around the stadium? under 20?

Popeman is a monster about the copper lot which is $25

I've always been partial to the Morgan Blvd Metro Station which is also $25

I think you dream if you are looking for $20 or you are risking a ticket, unfortunately.

It is D.C. and the beltway. There's traffic and 80,000 people are trying to go to the same place. Leave early and plan accordingly.

I know some people can't leave early for various reasons, but it is what it is. Going to a football game is an all day event. Fact of life.

but, but, but nats park is easy to get in and out of, and it's in dc too!!!!

plus it's modern, and has a "soul" and is not a "dump" like fedex!

I shouldn't have to spend all day going to a football game!!! it should be a 3.5 hr affair, MAX, and that's including drive time to and from the stadium!!

/sarcasm :)

The ushers now ask the home fans to sit down so that people behind them can see.

Most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.

Ah, the never ending debate of when to sit down or stand up.

Clearly there are times when its appropriate to stand and other times when you're better off sitting. Some people just don't get stadium etiquette.

but, but, but nats park is easy to get in and out of, and it's in dc too!!!!

plus it's modern, and has a "soul" and is not a "dump" like fedex!

I shouldn't have to spend all day going to a football game!!! it should be a 3.5 hr affair, MAX, and that's including drive time to and from the stadium!!

/sarcasm :)

Thanks for totally trivializing the issue and taking it completely out of context.

/sarcasm

Of course it is an all day affair. If I wasn't prepared for that, I wouldn't have season tickets and live 3.5 - 4 hours away. The issue is simply regarding the way the traffic is handled and the locations people are being sent to to go to their designated area. There is no way to get to B-3 from one side of the stadium and from the other, the gridlock is so bad that it is impossible to get there anyway. There were on signs or instructions for any green lot cars other than "Green keep left".

Thanks for totally trivializing the issue and taking it completely out of context.

/sarcasm

Of course it is an all day affair. If I wasn't prepared for that, I wouldn't have season tickets and live 3.5 - 4 hours away. The issue is simply regarding the way the traffic is handled and the locations people are being sent to to go to their designated area. There is no way to get to B-3 from one side of the stadium and from the other, the gridlock is so bad that it is impossible to get there anyway. There were on signs or instructions for any green lot cars other than "Green keep left".

The B-3 parking passes have a note on them telling you what road to use to enter the stadium.

As did the letter that came with the season tickets.

---------- Post added September-27th-2012 at 02:36 PM ----------

The ushers now ask the home fans to sit down so that people behind them can see.

Most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.

Yeah God forbid you not inconvenience someone else who paid for a 'seat'. They're 'seat' tickets.

There are standing room only tickets if you'd prefer to stand the entire game. They're cheaper too.

The B-3 parking passes have a note on them telling you what road to use to enter the stadium.

Yup. The note tells you to go to Morgan. I still have the tag in my car. Directly into about 6 kajillion other cars who are all being directed around the outside of the green lots. There is no other option but to follow them.

Yup. The note tells you to go to Morgan. I still have the tag in my car. Directly into about 6 kajillion other cars who are all being directed around the outside of the green lots. There is no other option but to follow them.

My apologies, I thought the complaint was you didn't know where to go, not that it was impossible to get there. Sorry about that.

---------- Post added September-27th-2012 at 02:36 PM ----------

Yeah God forbid you not inconvenience someone else who paid for a 'seat'. They're 'seat' tickets.

There are standing room only tickets if you'd prefer to stand the entire game. They're cheaper too.

I'm 5 rows from the field. I'll be damned if I paid $150 and am gonna have somebody tell me to sit down instead of standing and screaming when we're on defense (not even the entire game). Practically everyone was standing and the guy is trying to tell an entire section to sit down, not just me. If you're one of the 2% that are going to be sitting the entire game, sell your tickets to somebody else who is more enthusiastic. That's why we have no home field advantage.

I wouldn't be surprised if a majority of the parking attendants on Morgan Blvd. are unaware of a difference between Green and Green B3 passes.

You're probably right, I've been telling everyone with Green B3 just to try to park where you want, make them tell you no. Especially for people that tried to do it right and couldn't.

Ah, the never ending debate of when to sit down or stand up.

Clearly there are times when its appropriate to stand and other times when you're better off sitting. Some people just don't get stadium etiquette.

It was during a defensive sequence and the entire section was standing. Some 65 year old man nearly got thrown out because the usher was giving him such a hard time.

I'm 5 rows from the field. I'll be damned if I paid $150 and am gonna have somebody tell me to sit down instead of standing and screaming when we're on defense (not even the entire game). Practically everyone was standing and the guy is trying to tell an entire section to sit down, not just me. If you're one of the 2% that are going to be sitting the entire game, sell your tickets to somebody else who is more enthusiastic. That's why we have no home field advantage.

The screaming I get. The standing? I stay seated myself unless someone in front of me blocks my view. I have some older folks in our section and try to keep them in mind.

You're probably right, I've been telling everyone with Green B3 just to try to park where you want, make them tell you no. Especially for people that tried to do it right and couldn't.

My friend has a B-3 pass and parked in regular green Sunday, no problems. They even waved him in to the green lot.

---------- Post added September-27th-2012 at 03:00 PM ----------

The screaming I get. The standing? I stay seated myself unless someone in front of me blocks my view. I have some older folks in our section and try to keep them in mind.

I'm not going to be a total A-hole and be the only one standing, but if an entire section of people are standing, its ridiculous for somebody to come around and try to sit everyone down. If you're going to remain seated while everyone else is standing, either deal with it or sell your tickets. Sorry. Its a home NFL game and we get 8 of them a year. Its not a play or a classical music concert. We need fans to be loud and enthusiastic. And less of the idiots like the people who were sitting next to me, section 118 row 4 who didn't even know who our QB was and left mid 4th Q.

My friend has a B-3 pass and parked in regular green Sunday, no problems. They even waved him in to the green lot.

---------- Post added September-27th-2012 at 03:00 PM ----------

I'm not going to be a total A-hole and be the only one standing, but if an entire section of people are standing, its ridiculous for somebody to come around and try to sit everyone down. If you're going to remain seated while everyone else is standing, either deal with it or sell your tickets. Sorry. Its a home NFL game and we get 8 of them a year. Its not a play or a classical music concert. We need fans to be loud and enthusiastic. And less of the idiots like the people who were sitting next to me, section 118 row 4 who didn't even know who our QB was and left mid 4th Q.

I can yell as loud as you can while sitting down. IF you sit on the sidelines in the lower level, you have to stand because the people in the dream seats can't see the play on the field because they are too low. So they stand to see the game and so does everyone else in the 100 sections so they can see over the standing people in front of them. No need to stand the entire game elsewhere in the stadium. No one is saying you should never stand. Just be respectful of others who are unable to stand an entire game. They put seats in the stadium for a freakin' reason. Buy a standing room only "seat" if you don't want to sit. And just because you yell, jump up and down and wave your arms, does not make you a better fan than the guy behind you.

I attended the VA Tech/Cincy game yesterday. I was not frisked at the turnstiles and security barely looked at me as I carried in a big bottle of water. I was expecting they would tell me to throw the bottle away, but I took it with me just in case the rules were different for college games. Sure enough it worked.

Anyone else notice this?

Archived