Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About FedExField

Mark The Homer

I'm curious about the AAA Fan Zone, in the OP it said you can purchase passes at the ticket window being a AAA member. Do they have a limited number of these and should I get there early to try and get one?

Thanks!

>> Not certain if this is being done in 2012 or not. If you want to go to the AAA Fan Zone, you want to be there early anyways so you can partake of the various activities and food. You may be able to get passes at a better price in the classified section of Extremeskins. I'll try to check on this at the Bengals game and report back.

---------- Post added September-18th-2012 at 09:48 PM ----------

Why cant we afford a real statue?

That ugly statue of sammy baugh they have is soooo ugly. It looks like it was cheaply made with needles comming out of a white tin.

We seriously cant invest in a real artist and have a real statue done?

>> What makes you think the statue is Sammy Baugh? I thought the statue was called Solar Man. BTW, it lights up at night.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/redskins-install-solar-power-fedex-field-without-federal-funds

does anyone know when the last time u can buy tickets online for a game and pick them up at the fedex field booth?

Not sure what you mean.

If you mean ticket returns from the team, I haven't seen any returned yet this week.

If you mean Stubhub, nowadays they will email you a pdf scan. Yes you can buy the day of the game. It takes 5-10 minutes to receive the scan by email after you purchase. You print the scan, present it at the gate, they scan it, and you're in. It makes for a crummy souvenir though. I'm not sure if you can pick up hard tickets at the stubhub window anymore. The ticket industry as a whole seems to be moving towards the "ticketfast" concept, which means no more hard tickets bought online to be shipped to you. Just scans to be emailed. The industry isn't there 100% yet, but they're moving there quickly.

There is a ticket thread with tons of ticket info. Tag search: redskins tickets

Hi - I have tickets in 217 which is by the verizon entrance and have an orange parking pass. Does anyone know about the two orange lots by that entrance (by the sports complex) What's the best route to get there and is it easy to get out of after the game? planning to arrive in landover around 10am this sunday. thanks

Another parking question: I bought tickets and a green parking pass. The parking pass seems to have a specific area of the Green Lot specified. Am I obligated to park in that green area, or is anywhere in the green lot game?

IF you have a Green B-3 parking pass you must park in that lot. IF you have a Green parking pass with no designation, you can park in any green lot. But it also depends if the parking lot attendants catch/stop you from parking in a green lot with a green B-3 parking pass. I suggest you still enter through Morgan Blvd if you want to try to park in a green lot. At least they will not deny you access and just direct you to the B-3 lot.

---------- Post added September-19th-2012 at 12:07 PM ----------

Hi - I have tickets in 217 which is by the verizon entrance and have an orange parking pass. Does anyone know about the two orange lots by that entrance (by the sports complex) What's the best route to get there and is it easy to get out of after the game? planning to arrive in landover around 10am this sunday. thanks

Redskins Road is one of most congested exits. HOWEVER, being in section 217, you should be able to leave and get to your car in the orange lot quickly after the game ends beating the mad rush to the cars. If it is a close game at the end and everyone is still in their seats, you can get out fairly quickly. If the game is a blow out either way, and you stay until the end, you will likely be sitting in traffic for a very long time because everyone else will have left trying to beat the traffic.

---------- Post added September-19th-2012 at 12:13 PM ----------

Why cant we afford a real statue?

That ugly statue of sammy baugh they have is soooo ugly. It looks like it was cheaply made with needles comming out of a white tin.

We seriously cant invest in a real artist and have a real statue done?

That is not a statue of Sammy Baugh. It may have been inspired by him but it is Solar Man that was added by the company that installed all the solar panels. It's a marketing thing. NO WHERE around that "art work" does it say "Sammy Baugh". Don't jump to conclusions without doing your homework.

Not sure what you mean.

If you mean ticket returns from the team, I haven't seen any returned yet this week.

If you mean Stubhub, nowadays they will email you a pdf scan. Yes you can buy the day of the game. It takes 5-10 minutes to receive the scan by email after you purchase. You print the scan, present it at the gate, they scan it, and you're in. It makes for a crummy souvenir though. I'm not sure if you can pick up hard tickets at the stubhub window anymore. The ticket industry as a whole seems to be moving towards the "ticketfast" concept, which means no more hard tickets bought online to be shipped to you. Just scans to be emailed. The industry isn't there 100% yet, but they're moving there quickly.

There is a ticket thread with tons of ticket info. Tag search: redskins tickets

Mark I have not confirmed this yet but one of my friends said that if you have a smartphone, you can bring up the barcode from the Stubhub PDF ticket on your phone for them to scan at the gate (paperless entry). I know for a fact they have done this at Nationals Park this year.

This would allow someone to wait right up until kickoff for Stubhub prices to drop and buy tickets last minute on their phone from the parking lots.

---------- Post added September-19th-2012 at 12:24 PM ----------

IF you have a Green B-3 parking pass you must park in that lot. IF you have a Green parking pass with no designation, you can park in any green lot. But it also depends if the parking lot attendants catch/stop you from parking in a green lot with a green B-3 parking pass. I suggest you still enter through Morgan Blvd if you want to try to park in a green lot. At least they will not deny you access and just direct you to the B-3 lot.

+1. I'm assuming NattyBo has tickets for Sunday; I imagine they will be trying to enforce the Green B3 restriction for the home opener. However, if the season goes south or for games with terrible weather (lower attendance), you will probably be able to get away with parking in the other Green lots if you really want to.

+1. I'm assuming NattyBo has tickets for Sunday; I imagine they will be trying to enforce the Green B3 restriction for the home opener. However, if the season goes south or for games with terrible weather (lower attendance), you will probably be able to get away with parking in the other Green lots if you really want to.

Dang, didn't realize there were "classes" of green passes before buying. Well, I have tickets for the Vikings game, so maybe I'll be able to sneak into general green lot.

Dang, didn't realize there were "classes" of green passes before buying. Well, I have tickets for the Vikings game, so maybe I'll be able to sneak into general green lot.

I think the Redskins are trying to encourage the use of the Green B-3 lot to spread out the traffic. Much less traffic in and out of Morgan Blvd than at Arena Drive or Redskins Road. They moved a lot/most of Grey lot users to the Green B-3 lot this year.

Mark I have not confirmed this yet but one of my friends said that if you have a smartphone, you can bring up the barcode from the Stubhub PDF ticket on your phone for them to scan at the gate (paperless entry). I know for a fact they have done this at Nationals Park this year.

---------- Post added September-19th-2012 at 12:24 PM ----------

Wow, that's interesting. Let's see if we can get this confirmed some time.

Perhaps it was different because you went on a day when there was no event at the Stadium, but for the Colts and Bucs preaseason games (and numerous regular season games in years past) I definitely entered the lots via Redskins Road and circled through clockwise through the E lots to the F lot and parked there. There are barriers between the E and F lots but there are breaks between them with plenty of space to drive your car through.

Thanks for the Intel, I'll give it a shot. Worst case, I learn about going home via Redskins Rd.

>> Not certain if this is being done in 2012 or not. If you want to go to the AAA Fan Zone, you want to be there early anyways so you can partake of the various activities and food. You may be able to get passes at a better price in the classified section of Extremeskins. I'll try to check on this at the Bengals game and report back.

OK, I checked on this at the Bengals game. In addtion to the game tickets that were available for ALL of the various non-premium price points throughout the stadium at face value (except for the uppder deck standing tix which were $39.95), the sign stated that you could buy AAA tailgate passes as follows.

AAA members and premium memebers : $50

Non-premium: $75

I took a picture of this with my cell phone. I believe this is a price increase from what we have seen before. Note to MTH - Please update info in main thread.

This would allow someone to wait right up until kickoff for Stubhub prices to drop and buy tickets last minute on their phone from the parking lots..

When I buy Caps tix, stubhub shuts down sales for those games 2 hours before puck drop. I'm pretty sure it is the same for the Nats. I would assume the Skins are treated the same, unless you guys have different experience.

I just wanted to come in here and give props to the fans... it didn't come accross on television (as I watched when I got home) but moving the fans in the upper level closer to midfield like that I think definitely added to the homefield advantage.

I haven't heard that stadium that loud in a long time. Good job fans! Keep it up! This kid is for real and we need to keep supporting him and our team.

EDIT: I know it was the Bengals, but I also noticed that there weren't that many of them in the stands. Keep that up too. The wins will come.

I had a serious issue getting in to the stadium yesterday, as I am sure most of the other B3 lot STH's did. Where is this lot? the instructions on the tag itself put you down Morgan Boulevard into the general green area, but there is literally no way to get to the B3 lot from there. I used exit 15 instead of 16, but this is the 2nd time I have gone and simply have been unable to get to this lot. I drive down from the Lehigh Valley in PA... it is a 3 and a half hour trip with no traffic. I left at 8AM and because of the stadium traffic was still late to the game.

Does anyone have any suggestions other than "leave earlier"? Am I going the wrong way? It seemed utterly chaotic. I was surrounded by others with the same pass and yet no one seemed to know where the heck to go.

I had a serious issue getting in to the stadium yesterday, as I am sure most of the other B3 lot STH's did. Where is this lot? the instructions on the tag itself put you down Morgan Boulevard into the general green area, but there is literally no way to get to the B3 lot from there. I used exit 15 instead of 16, but this is the 2nd time I have gone and simply have been unable to get to this lot. I drive down from the Lehigh Valley in PA... it is a 3 and a half hour trip with no traffic. I left at 8AM and because of the stadium traffic was still late to the game.

Does anyone have any suggestions other than "leave earlier"? Am I going the wrong way? It seemed utterly chaotic. I was surrounded by others with the same pass and yet no one seemed to know where the heck to go.

My experience, 1 o clock games are hell. A lot of people show up "just in time" for these games and it shows. You have to be in line on Arena or Morgan Blvd by 11 or so if you want to park and make it in on time... this doesn't count tailgaiting. I hope it works out for you.

I had some people from PA in my section yesterday. Where are your tix if you don't mind me asking? I'm in 405.

My experience, 1 o clock games are hell. A lot of people show up "just in time" for these games and it shows. You have to be in line on Arena or Morgan Blvd by 11 or so if you want to park and make it in on time... this doesn't count tailgaiting. I hope it works out for you.

I had some people from PA in my section yesterday. Where are your tix if you don't mind me asking? I'm in 405.

Section 431. I like my seats. I just cannot understand for the life of me why getting in there is so disorganized. I seriously have no idea how they expect people to actually even GET to the B-3 lot. I thought it was set up specifically to relieve some of the traffic issues. Meh. I suppose I will have to leave at 6AM or something from now on.

If you arrive at the stadium at 11:30 for a 1pm game you will have traffic issues. If you are nnot positive where you are going it amplifies them. Sorry to say, but the best answer is to get there earlier.

No one should have to expect to have an hour and a half of traffic just to park at the stadium. There were thousands of cars just stuck. Tons of parking all over but no one was seemingly able to move. I don't blame that on all of the people, I blame that on poor traffic and event management. (I work for an events company... people should not end up in those kind of situations.)

It frustrates me more that the directions on the parking passes were just flat out wrong. There was no way for me to get to the B-3 lot from where it funneled us in. I think that added a lot of confusion to the situation. I ended up just parking in some random green lot near the stadium with a whole lot of other B-3 people.

Hey I agree with you, traffic management there sucks, but that's the reality of it. You add to that having an 80K seat stadium and you arrive at that time you will find frustration.

Leaving is a Pain too. No traffic control of walkers crossing lot exits. No police controlling the 202 Redskins road exit. losing a whole lane of traffic exiting to 495 for egress of an employee lot. But that's just how it is.

No one should have to expect to have an hour and a half of traffic just to park at the stadium. There were thousands of cars just stuck. Tons of parking all over but no one was seemingly able to move. I don't blame that on all of the people, I blame that on poor traffic and event management. (I work for an events company... people should not end up in those kind of situations.)

It frustrates me more that the directions on the parking passes were just flat out wrong. There was no way for me to get to the B-3 lot from where it funneled us in. I think that added a lot of confusion to the situation. I ended up just parking in some random green lot near the stadium with a whole lot of other B-3 people.

Exit 15 / Morgan is the correct route.

If I was on the beltway coming from the north and I was going to use Exit 15, I'd stay in the far LEFT lane until I was past Arena Drive. Most of the fan traffic is going to be using those first two exits, so I'd skip all that mess. Then I'd swing over to the right lane after Arena Dr, exit 16 and prepare to exit at 15.

Unfortunately, B3 is the most difficult to get to, especially if you are pulling in just before kickoff. The closest actual road you see there on the map is a neighborhood road and should not be used. If you look on the map, you are coming in using Morgan Blvd and entering between the A lots and H lots. You are supposed to be directed to turn left and cross the A lot (behind platinum but in front of orange) to the B3 lot. There is a sort of right of way though the lots there. If they didn't direct you that way, it could have been that the lots over there were full.

The lots opened 13 minutes early yesterday - at 8:47 am (I was at my spot at 8:48 am). But the operations staff cannot help it if too many fans choose to attempt to park within a half hour of kickoff.

You said you left at 8 am. For every fifteen minutes earlier you leave, you'd probably arrive 30 minutes earlier than you think. It can't be overstated - leaving early solves a lot of problems.

Here are some ideas for next time: http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?295958-Avoiding-Gridlock-TWELVE-%28-%29-Different-Approaches-To-FedExField-amp-Lot-Access-Advice

Archived