Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About FedExField

Mark The Homer

How can I score a parking pass? Going to the game on Sunday. I need help.

Scalpers sell parking passes along Sheriff Road and at the McDonalds on Central Blvd. Be wary of counterfeits. Parking passes must have a detachable bar code at the bottom with the team names and game date. Parking passes also have a silver and black counterfeit foil next the the game number; #5 for the Minnesota game.

If you are local, check craig's list. I think there is also a local internet broker that you can buy from also...forget the name. Mark the Homer knows who it is and their office location.

---------- Post added October-13th-2012 at 02:51 PM ----------

Is there any where to hang out and possibley get autographs or cheer on the players when they arrive at the game?

Got 4 kids with me tomorrow.

Thanks

The best location would be the players parking lot. Arrive early. It's on the west side of the stadium. Look for the small lot with lots of expensive cars and barricades from the lot to the stadium. An hour or two after the game is also a good time. No autographs during the game.

---------- Post added October-13th-2012 at 02:54 PM ----------

Is there any where to hang out and possibley get autographs or cheer on the players when they arrive at the game?

Got 4 kids with me tomorrow.

Thanks

The best location would be the players parking lot. Arrive early. It's on the west side of the stadium. Look for the small lot with lots of expensive cars and barricades from the lot to the stadium. An hour or two after the game is also a good time. No autographs during the game.

Interesting story... At the Falcons game me and my wife were walking towards the stadium store before the game and we looked over and Joe Theisman was walking beside us. He had parked in the Platinum Lot A area. (we were in orange). 2 guys in front of us stopped him to talk he was really cool and nice about it. We were thrilled!!

Guest Spearfeather
Do the buses still run form the cash lots to the stadiums?

---------- Post added October-13th-2012 at 03:36 PM ----------

If I'm not mistaken, I believe that stopped a few years ago.

Will this park ever be called Jack Kent Cooke Field again?

As a Redskin watching since 1972 I honestly still feel a little piece of my heart turn black and stop pumping when it's called FedEx, anything other than Jack's Stadium makes me wanna shoot a Cowboy down here!!

As a Redskin watching since 1972 I honestly still feel a little piece of my heart turn black and stop pumping when it's called FedEx, anything other than Jack's Stadium makes me wanna shoot a Cowboy down here!!

It was never called Jack Kent Cookie Field... unless I'm mistaken?

I believe it was called RalJohn Stadium, until the FedEx sponsorship.

The stadium was briefly called Jack Kent Cooke Stadium after JKC died. It will likely never be called that again. Almost every NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL and even minor league stadiums all have sold the naming rights for money. Jerruh is just waiting for the economy to pickup so he can make a better naming deal on Cowboys Stadium.

What is the big deal about the name? JKC was an SOB; certainly not a very nice man. He was arrogant, rude and condescending. He was an absentee owner while Edward Bennett Williams ran the team in his stead. Why name the stadium after him? He just happened to be lucky enough to have Beathard and Gibbs on his watch. Both of whom he wanted to fire before things turned around; particularly Joe Gibbs. No proof, but I recall the rumors were Cooke was looking for a naming deal for the stadium to offset the construction cost. Never got far enough along because he died from his heart attack.

tshile -- RalJon was the name Cooke wanted to name the community where the stadium was located but he could not get the Postal Service to create a post office at the stadium nor MD to rename the area for his boys.

I see! Thank you for the explanation and correction.

I'm wrong every now and then.

;)

edit: why do my posts keep going above the person i quote.... I'M LOSING MY MIND

The stadium was briefly called Jack Kent Cooke Stadium after JKC died. It will likely never be called that again. Almost every NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL and even minor league stadiums all have sold the naming rights for money. Jerruh is just waiting for the economy to pickup so he can make a better naming deal on Cowboys Stadium.

What is the big deal about the name? JKC was an SOB; certainly not a very nice man. He was arrogant, rude and condescending. He was an absentee owner while Edward Bennett Williams ran the team in his stead. Why name the stadium after him? He just happened to be lucky enough to have Beathard and Gibbs on his watch. Both of whom he wanted to fire before things turned around; particularly Joe Gibbs. No proof, but I recall the rumors were Cooke was looking for a naming deal for the stadium to offset the construction cost. Never got far enough along because he died from his heart attack.

tshile -- RalJon was the name Cooke wanted to name the community where the stadium was located but he could not get the Postal Service to create a post office at the stadium nor MD to rename the area for his boys.

Is there a map anywhere that shows specific seat numbers for each section? So you can see where a specific seat is in a certain row/know how many seats are in a certain row? I purchased seats to a game on Stubhub and had no way of knowing if I was in the middle of the row or at the end until I got there.

I thought it was funny when Tony Kornheiser said "It's a good thing his sons names aren't Peter, and Enos". hahahaha

Is there a map anywhere that shows specific seat numbers for each section? So you can see where a specific seat is in a certain row/know how many seats are in a certain row? I purchased seats to a game on Stubhub and had no way of knowing if I was in the middle of the row or at the end until I got there.

I've been able to get the seat numbers by calling SH after the purchase was completed. This only applies to hard tix awaiting shipment since e-tix immediately give you the seat numbers upon purchase.

Not sure if the phone agents have a way to ID seat numbers on hard tickets awaiting pick up at the venues.

Yes, it was called Jack Kent Cooke Stadium originally.

"Raljon" referred to the property and the zip code.

IIRC, when Snyder took over, the stadium was referred to as "Redskins Stadium" for a short while. It might have been the 1999 season. I wouldn't bet the house on it, but that's what I remember. "Welcome to Redskins Stadium", said the announcer.

After a short time, it changed to "FedExField."

Another thing that changed in 1999 was the name of the cheerleaders. They had been "The Redskinettes", and that was changed to "The Washington Redskins Cheerleaders." This wasn't formally announced, but the cheerleaders were suddenly referred to in the latter phrase starting the first 1999 preseason game. I do remember this specifically.

So I wanna plan a trip to Landover to watch the skins, within the Next year. But I figure since I'm in the area I also wanna see the Capitol also. So should I get a hotel in Dc or Landover? How much would a taxi cost to travel between the two? Would renting a car be better? What is driving like in that area? Any suggestions on must see monuments in Dc? Any good restaurant tips? Thank you in advance.

Yes, it was called Jack Kent Cooke Stadium originally.

"Raljon" referred to the property and the zip code.

IIRC, when Snyder took over, the stadium was referred to as "Redskins Stadium" for a short while. It might have been the 1999 season. I wouldn't bet the house on it, but that's what I remember. "Welcome to Redskins Stadium", said the announcer.

After a short time, it changed to "FedExField."

Another thing that changed in 1999 was the name of the cheerleaders. They had been "The Redskinettes", and that was changed to "The Washington Redskins Cheerleaders." This wasn't formally announced, but the cheerleaders were suddenly referred to in the latter phrase starting the first 1999 preseason game. I do remember this specifically.

I also remember Snyder changing it to Redskins Stadium until he closed the FedEx Field naming deal.

So I wanna plan a trip to Landover to watch the skins, within the Next year. But I figure since I'm in the area I also wanna see the Capitol also. So should I get a hotel in Dc or Landover? How much would a taxi cost to travel between the two? Would renting a car be better? What is driving like in that area? Any suggestions on must see monuments in Dc? Any good restaurant tips? Thank you in advance.

I just made a trip and stayed in Arlington and took the metro out to the game. I had originally wanted to stay in DC but the hotels were too expensive. Arlington was perfect though. 5 minutes or so on the metro into central DC to see the sights etc. So I wouldn't think a car is necessary. From Arlington it took less than an hour to get to the stadium although that includes about a 10-15 minute walk from the metro station to the stadium so if you're not a fan of walking, maybe you should get a car. Having said that, the traffic looked appalling getting out of the stadium after the game so I wouldn't have fancied that at all.

don't stay in Landover, it is not near anything but the stadium. dublinandy's advice is sound. Arlington is on the Orange and Blue metro lines, which will take you to the Smithsonian station on the mall and to FedEx field. the walk to FedEx from the metro is about a mile, but many make it every game day and unless you buy a parking pass with your tickets, a car does you no good. Besides, Washington Metro Traffic is the second worst in the country.

Mr. Day's bar in north Arlington (orange Metro line) has a game day bus. Same for Crystal City Sports Pub in south Arlington (blue and yellow lines). I believe food and limited beverage are covered for about $50 per head.

Some of the bar charters cater their own tailgate parties in the bus lots, but I'm unsure about these two.

Dig a little deeper if interested.

Archived