Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About FedExField

Mark The Homer

Just wanted to tell everyone, that I watched my first game from the Upper Tier standing room on Sunday. Section 445 Row 13. I have to say, that me and my crew had a great time up there. For me, I get very animated during the games, and I like to stand anyway. It was great not having anyone behind you nagging you to sit down every 5 minutes especially when the defense is on a crucial 3rd down or you are reacting to a big play on offense. The view was much better than you would think. I like to be higher up anyway, because it gives you a more complete view of the stadium.

I think it was a great idea to add these areas to the upper tier. Everybody in up there seemed to be really into the game. There were a few overly obnoxious drunks beating their beer cans against the aluminum table. (Which would have been fine as long as they still weren't full of beer, and it looked like old faithful going off every single time they did...which admittedly I did find pretty funny but I don't know how the people in front weren't pissed off...maybe oblivious) anyway great time. I would strongly recommend giving it a try if you are not a season ticket holder like me, are on a budget, and your schedule only permits you to attend a couple of games per year. I plan to probably split my visits to the stadium between the standing room and the club level when my budget allows.

Are section 306 row 13 seats standing room only? Doesn't look like it on stubhub but it'd be great to get a definitive answer.

You aren't quite behind the endzone in 306. You are in the corner. I am in 405, right above you and a section closer to midfield... there is a good 5-7 sections between the SRO and I.

I'm ok with fans experiencing the memory of ST. I don't like being told that the experience to do such is actually worth twice what I'm paying for it. Those are car wash sales tactics.

Literally, my local car wash charges $25 for a full service wash. Next to the $25 tag reads ($40 value).

I very much enjoyed seeing Sean Taylor's locker during the draft day party this year. It was the first time I had the opportunity to do that. I took several pictures of it and even with it and it may sound silly, but it really resonated with me. They are already paying for the tour of private access areas, I do not see the harm in pointing out that these people will also have the chance to see a fallen Redskins hero's locker. It will be the highlight of the experience for many people who partake for many different reasons.

can you clarify that a little bit? I might be able to help out but I'm not really sure what you are asking.

I'm looking for every price point for a ticket and the number of seats at that price point.

AKA: Dream seats $400 - 4,000 seats

Upper bowl corner $49 - 15,000 seats

etc

I'm looking for every price point for a ticket and the number of seats at that price point.

etc

Ah, I'd leave that one to mark... I know there is a price break down on sections and rows in that section, but I really haven't a clue how many are in that section, etc.

Click on the Mark the Homer's sig. He gives a breakdown of the upper and lower deck pricing zones; and the rows where each zone starts and ends. Club seating doesn't have cost printed on the tickets, as each STH's individual ticket costs vary according to their contract terms. The lower level can be tricky due to obstructed seating price zones and premium Field Club seating in the first 3 rows from the field.

Click on the Mark the Homer's sig. He gives a breakdown of the upper and lower deck pricing zones; and the rows where each zone starts and ends. Club seating doesn't have cost printed on the tickets, as each STH's individual ticket costs vary according to their contract terms. The lower level can be tricky due to obstructed seating price zones and premium Field Club seating in the first 3 rows from the field.

Agreed, the first page of this thread is the most comprehensive guide regarding tickets and pricing that you will find on the internet, much better than the Redskins official website. There is an extremely large range of prices, ranging from $300,000-$400,000 per season for an Owner's Club Suite (that fits around 18 people per game) to obstructed view seats that sell for $29 plus tax per game.

Agreed, the first page of this thread is the most comprehensive guide regarding tickets and pricing that you will find on the internet, much better than the Redskins official website.

Mark's thread is better than any NFL team site I've ever seen. Meanwhile, Redskins.com has always been weak by league standards IMO. The beauty of Mark's thread is that he covers the many intricacies and quirks unique to our stadium. i.e. drip zones, hand railing obstructions, seat width, etc. Stuff the team probably wouldn't care to publish even if they hired an awesome web crew.

Homer is the God of ES. :pimp:

Alright: I'm looking at a ticket right now:

Sideline Suite 442

Row 3 | Qty 1

Under $150 for the ticket...

Suite on the 50 yd line ticket... Literally the section next to it is 301, this is 442...

Am I missing some fine print?

lol that seat has dropped down to $115 on Stubhub this morning.

Seems like it would be awkward to be in a private suite where you didn't know anybody. I'd be wondering if it's 'ok to eat the food or drink the booze provided, can I yell as loud as I want on third downs?' etc.

It must be the TO listing these tix, bc I just can't picture a corporation bothering to list individual suite tickets at a fraction of what they paid for them.

Let us know how it goes if you purchase.

lol that seat has dropped down to $115 on Stubhub this morning.

Seems like it would be awkward to be in a private suite where you didn't know anybody. I'd be wondering if it's 'ok to eat the food or drink the booze provided, can I yell as loud as I want on third downs?' etc.

It must be the TO listing these tix, bc I just can't picture a corporation bothering to list individual suite tickets at a fraction of what they paid for them.

Let us know how it goes if you purchase.

I agree RFKFedEx, I don't see an individual owner of one of those suites putting a ticket up for sale online. I would be very cautious about purchasing because I believe Sideline Suite owners get several "suite passes" per game that allow access to the suite but do not grant you entrance into the stadium (many have speculated these passes were created in response to new lobbying laws, see this article: http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2008/05/Issue-163/Franchises/Redskins-Offer-Suite-Guest-Passes-In-Response-To-Lobbying-Laws.aspx)

If the ticket is in fact a legit suite ticket than perhaps it is a "vacant" that the team could not find a buyer for because of the economy. I that case I would definitely not expect a free for all on food and booze, in fact I have no idea how concessions would work in that case.

If the ticket is in fact a legit suite ticket than perhaps it is a "vacant" that the team could not find a buyer for because of the economy. I that case I would definitely not expect a free for all on food and booze, in fact I have no idea how concessions would work in that case.

You're probably correct that suite #442 is not assigned to a private purchaser for this season, thus individual seats can be doled out at the will of the TO.

Single ticket purchasers in the upper sideline suites are likely required to walk to either of the loge concourses for food and drink. There are no concession stands or public restrooms on the sideline suite level, nor is there a concourse up there, just catwalks.

You're probably correct that suite #442 is not assigned to a private purchaser for this season, thus individual seats can be doled out at the will of the TO.

Single ticket purchasers in the upper sideline suites are likely required to walk to either of the loge concourses for food and drink. There are no concession stands or public restrooms on the sideline suite level, nor is there a concourse up there, just catwalks.

I'd probably hop on it, except for the fact that 442 *Non-Suite* section is also a SRO section... And there's too much wrong with this ticket to spend it and possibly get a SRO rather than a Suite ticket.

But I would love to sit in a suite, regardless of the "free food/drink" angle...

I'd probably hop on it, except for the fact that 442 *Non-Suite* section is also a SRO section... And there's too much wrong with this ticket to spend it and possibly get a SRO rather than a Suite ticket.

But I would love to sit in a suite, regardless of the "free food/drink" angle...

You should call SH. I've had very good luck with them when calling in. I've been fortunate to deal with US based operators, hold times were minimal, and rarely have they needed to transfer me bc the first operator didn't have the answer.

The fact that there is also suite tickets available in 426 and 427 as well, makes me believe these are all legit.

If that's the case, I would consider getting loge tickets. The suite experience is definitely awesome with people you know and a good spread of food and beer, but I don't think you are really getting the suite experience if you are sitting there with strangers and have to venture out to the Upper Level concourse to get food and drink.

etc

I've kinda wondered about that myself, but no, there is no breakdown of seats and pricing in that way. At least not one that is published. Sounds like an interesting project. Let me know how it turns out. :)

Homer is the God of ES. :pimp:

:ols:
Alright: I'm looking at a ticket right now:

Sideline Suite 442

Row 3 | Qty 1

Under $150 for the ticket...

Suite on the 50 yd line ticket... Literally the section next to it is 301, this is 442...

Am I missing some fine print?

Are the seats in those suites assigned? If not, it sounds suspicious that they're putting you in Row 3.

Sometimes the seller will screw up and list non suite tickets in a suite when he meant to list them in the other 442. Know what I mean?

OTOH, supposedly that's not your problem, and if you don't get suite tix and instead get some other tix, you can complain and supposedly get good or better seats.

OTOH, experience has shown that that isn't what will likely happen, even it they say that is what they'll do per their fan guarantee. What will likely happen is they'll just refund your money and leave you crying in the rain.

---------- Post added November-29th-2012 at 03:06 PM ----------

I have a photo of a suite ticket. It is a ticket for Suite 304. It's a legitimate game ticket from 2006. There is no row or seat number printed on the ticket. It's simply a ticket for the Suite. And that is how I thought it was set up. You enter the suite and sit wherever you want.

It's possible they changed it, but I don't know why they would.

Before the stadium opened, the team sent out a huge brochure with a lot of detailed info on the stadium.

I was on the wait list and I still have the brochure:

Here are the ORIGINAL seating numbers:

Pete Rozell Uppper level : 32, 307 (today - minus seats removed in the upper deck + SRO area)

George Allen Upper Suite Level - 140 suites - 1716 seats

Vince Lombardi Lower Suite Level - 140 suites - 1716 seats

Joe Gibbs Club Level - 15,044 Seats (today - minus seats removed and converted to Party Deck)

George Preston Marshall Lower Level - 27,817 (today - add in dream seating and obstructed view)

1997 Capacity 78,600

Bounce this info against Mark's pricing info and you might be able to come up with a rough idea on how many tickets are at each price point.

I have used a suite pass before to get to a company suite. A buddy of mine got 2 suite tickets, 1 purple pass and 4 guest suite passes on the Friday before the opener with the Saints a few years ago (Zorn's first game). He gave me the 4 suite passes. My upper deck ticket got me into the stadium (at the suite entrance) and the suite pass got me on the elevator to go to the suite level. I will have to check my tickets, but I am pretty sure it was an upper deck suite. We had our own private bathroom, but there were no concessions on our floor. We could not order any food and charge it to the suite since nobody there was on the list of people allowed to charge stuff to the suite. Luckily, there was a woman there who was a VP or something and charged some things to her company credit card. BTW, walking to the suite was like walking down the hallway of a hotel, nothing to see, but doors and name plates....... The tickets did not have a row or seat number on them.....just the suite number and nobody checked the tickets once I was on the elevator. We had 2-3 people come into the suite for about 10-15 mins and then they left and never came back. I guess they did not like our food.

Yes, I have that original brochure too.

Interestingly, the Stadium never opened with that exact layout or that exact number of seats. The number was just over 80,000 on opening day. That brochure was printed and distributed in Spring of 1996, and when JKC couldn't sell all the Executive Suites through the following 12 months, he invented the Loge areas, and this added seats prior to opening day. The official seat count was just over 80,000 on opening day.

In addition, after Snyder took over, he sealed off 8 (yes, eight) club level tunnel entrances, and added seats over those sealed areas in the club. You can see the tunnels in the original photos and on the front of the brochure, but they are gone now. They were in the corners. And Snyder added tons of seats in aisles and other places throughout the Stadium. Many of the aisles that existed originally - especially ones that ran lengthwise rather than perpendicular to the field - are gone now. He also narrowed and shortened the players tunnels and added seats.

Archived