Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About FedExField

Mark The Homer

When did you leave the game today? Any idea on what the issue was with the escalator closest to that section....they had the entrance blocked off so you could only access it from going from behind the escalator.

Also, strange that they didn't bring the band down to the field pre-game.

I noticed that with the band as well. I'm sure the weather had something to do with that.?.?

When did you leave the game today? Any idea on what the issue was with the escalator closest to that section....they had the entrance blocked off so you could only access it from going from behind the escalator.

Also, strange that they didn't bring the band down to the field pre-game.

It appeared that only one downward escalator was working on the home side of the 300 level. The escalator doorway was roped off so that only one person at a time could enter. I assume this was to prevent mobbing. The wait was too long so we took the ramps in the mass exodus.

As far as I could tell, the band was irrelevant today. Very sad. I heard them one time during the game. The drum corp came to the endzone bar on the LL about 10 mins after the final snap. They jammed for several minutes, but no brass. It was still cool though.

I noticed that with the band as well. I'm sure the weather had something to do with that.?.?

The band also did not march around the outside of the stadium before the game either. They just did not want to get wet probably.

---------- Post added October-8th-2012 at 04:07 PM ----------

The drum corp came to the endzone bar on the LL about 10 mins after the final snap. They jammed for several minutes, but no brass. It was still cool though.

How have you missed this? The percussion section has been jamming there for years. Brass never shows up. It is a very cool show and the energy from the fans is much better after a victory. Of course, most of us have forgotten what a victory at FedEx Field feels like.

Hmm. I was sitting in row 19 of the club. I kept looking over my shoulder at the TVs in those executive suites behind me. They all had the same feed as the HD tron. I thought that was unusual, because in the past they had the network feed. But I confess I haven't been in the Club row 19 since 2007.

I was in a suite for the 2009 opener vs. Saints and I KNOW we had both stadium and local TV feeds as we had 2 TVs and each one was getting one of the feeds. The local feed had enough of a delay to it that it was good for watching replays at regular speed once the actua play was over. I'm thinking this might be why they did not use the local feed on the TVs in the concourse.

If you mean the parking lots, they are scheduled to open at noon, but the last two games, they've opened a little earlier than usual, due to the large number of cars waiting to enter. So following that pattern, they'll probably open early - probably somewhere between 11 am and Noon, because there is significantly more traffic waiting to enter the stadium for late games.

If you mean the stadium, gates open 2 hours prior, so that's around 2 PM.

I just got the email selling the surplus, returned tickets. Usually I ignore this email since I have tickets, but I noticed something that is possibly new. They are now selling "onsite parking" in addition to gray lot parking for $50. The gray lot sells for $40. There was nothing that said which lot you would park in with onsite parking, but I went far enough along on the purchase to see a map. It looks like you'll get an orange pass for the lots off of Morgan Blvd based on the map. I have a hard time believing this. Has anyone purchased this parking or know someone who has?

-ct

I need help my fellow DIe Hard Skin Fans... I've sent an email to Mark the Homer but maybe someone here can provide advice as well. I've been given an option as far as seating at the Skins vs Eagles on 11/18 and wanted your advice.. Dream Seat 38 or Zone A 301.. I have a budget of $250 per tik and need 3 seats, if you have better recommendations please let me know and thanks in advance!!!

I just got the email selling the surplus, returned tickets. Usually I ignore this email since I have tickets, but I noticed something that is possibly new. They are now selling "onsite parking" in addition to gray lot parking for $50. The gray lot sells for $40. There was nothing that said which lot you would park in with onsite parking, but I went far enough along on the purchase to see a map. It looks like you'll get an orange pass for the lots off of Morgan Blvd based on the map. I have a hard time believing this. Has anyone purchased this parking or know someone who has?

-ct

No answer for your specific question, but I'm not really surprised, i bet they have a good amount of extra "premium" parking. For the Cincy game this year, we drove in arena drive heading for the green lot, and a woman ran up to us with a huge stack of platinum passes and exchanged our green for a platinum, and we parked in the first row right in front of the stadium (the platinum spaces are numbered so we went to an assigned space per the tag). It was AWESOME. Not sure if anyone else here got this or posted about it, but it made me realize how much extra premium parking Danny must have on hand. I do give credit to the skins for doing that so the platinum lot was filled up even if the spaces weren't sold (although I'm sure anyone that actually paid a ton for premium seat + platinum parking might not be thrilled about the story). Anyway, it was interesting, and I meant ot post about it after but forgot, but your post reminded me.

If you mean the parking lots, they are scheduled to open at noon, but the last two games, they've opened a little earlier than usual, due to the large number of cars waiting to enter. So following that pattern, they'll probably open early - probably somewhere between 11 am and Noon, because there is significantly more traffic waiting to enter the stadium for late games.

If you mean the stadium, gates open 2 hours prior, so that's around 2 PM.

Parking is what I meant and thank you for the info, sir.

So anyone had luck getting into regular green lot with a green b3 pass? Would love to try and park near the ES tailgate in the regular green....

had luck last week, did not even stop me or anything, then there was a huge backup in the green lot I was in and then they put me in the orange lot(back row) but it seems that they really dont care

Question for the class: I've got 4 tickets and a parking pass. Driving south from NJ, as I always do. This time, however, I am having two people from Virginia meet us to go to the game. I need to meet them somewhere on game day so we can all get in the same car and roll in. Logistically, whats the best way to handle this? Any recommended places? I heard people who leave their car at Sears get ticketed. Is there like a commuter lot or something within a couple exits of FedEx that we could meet at? How do you usually go about handling a situation like this; that is, meeting up with others to go into the lots together? Our tentative idea is a shopping center lot off exit 20. Want to hear how the pros do it though.

I attended the VA Tech/Cincy game yesterday. I was not frisked at the turnstiles and security barely looked at me as I carried in a big bottle of water. I was expecting they would tell me to throw the bottle away, but I took it with me just in case the rules were different for college games. Sure enough it worked.

Anyone else notice this?

At the Atl. game last Sunday, security wanded my entire body, but no pat down.

At Nats Park yesterday there was NO security check for me at all. I walked through the turnstiles with no pat downs, wands, and barely a glance from security.

Skins games seem to have the tightest security checks of any sporting event in the DC area. IMO this is to keep away outside food and beverage more than to protect the patronage.

Hey guys, do the parking lot gates still open just 4 hours prior to kickoff? My whole family is coming up Sunday to our first game in a few years. We'd like to tailgate as long as possible, but not sure that some of them would want to arrive before parking lots are actually open. Should we arrive around noon? Thanks!

OK So Ive bought tiks to the 11/18 Philly game and Im in Club section 342 row 5, can someone let me know which parking pass I should buy thats closest to that section on the home side.. Thanks

Wow nice seats :)

http://www.redskins.com/fedexfield/stadium-seat-diagram.html

Looks like you're smack dab on the 50 yard line, home side.

Here's the parking map:

http://www.redskins.com/fedexfield/parking-and-directions.html

you'll want to park in either A or G (is there an H?) (south side of the stadium). Which color you get depends on what you want to spend. I thought club seats came with premium parking (orange/purple) though... It wont really matter, jus tmake sure you know which road to come into the stadium on (you want Morgan Boulevard) and just go right or left, depending on what is easier.

Wow nice seats :)

http://www.redskins.com/fedexfield/stadium-seat-diagram.html

Looks like you're smack dab on the 50 yard line, home side.

Here's the parking map:

http://www.redskins.com/fedexfield/parking-and-directions.html

you'll want to park in either A or G (is there an H?) (south side of the stadium). Which color you get depends on what you want to spend. I thought club seats came with premium parking (orange/purple) though... It wont really matter, jus tmake sure you know which road to come into the stadium on (you want Morgan Boulevard) and just go right or left, depending on what is easier.

Much appreciated!! Yea I'm excited about my tiks, it was either club or dream seat and I decided to go with club, never know how the weather will be in Nov..

Hey guys, do the parking lot gates still open just 4 hours prior to kickoff? My whole family is coming up Sunday to our first game in a few years. We'd like to tailgate as long as possible, but not sure that some of them would want to arrive before parking lots are actually open. Should we arrive around noon? Thanks!

I'm going to arrive around 8 am.

The procedure is, you line up at the closed lot gates prior to the lots opening and enjoy a light tailgate. Then when the lots finally open, probably between 11 and 12, you drive to your spot and amp up the party.

At the Atl. game last Sunday, security wanded my entire body, but no pat down.

At Nats Park yesterday there was NO security check for me at all. I walked through the turnstiles with no pat downs, wands, and barely a glance from security.

Skins games seem to have the tightest security checks of any sporting event in the DC area. IMO this is to keep away outside food and beverage more than to protect the patronage.

I know it is always more fun to blame a conspiracy by Dan Snyder but NFL security mandates wanding at every NFL stadium this year, and strongly encouraged pat downs in previous years. Lots of fan boards have reported in the past that pat downs were happening at other stadiums in the NFL.

But if you want guns and knives at your sporting event, have at it....

Question for the class: I've got 4 tickets and a parking pass. Driving south from NJ, as I always do. This time, however, I am having two people from Virginia meet us to go to the game. I need to meet them somewhere on game day so we can all get in the same car and roll in. Logistically, whats the best way to handle this? Any recommended places? I heard people who leave their car at Sears get ticketed. Is there like a commuter lot or something within a couple exits of FedEx that we could meet at? How do you usually go about handling a situation like this; that is, meeting up with others to go into the lots together? Our tentative idea is a shopping center lot off exit 20. Want to hear how the pros do it though.

I do this every week with my family. They live north of Fedex, I live south of Fedex. We meet at Home Depot on Central Avenue (near Hampton Park Blvd) and ride together from there. We've been doing this for 4 years now and have never had a problem. This is also by far the quickest way in the stadium and you can access all lots by going in this way. Hope this helps.

Archived