Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I stopped following baseball for about seven years after the 94 strike. Was a big Padres n Tony Gwynn fan growing up. The Colorado Rockies of the early 00s then the Nats in 05 brought me back tho. 

Cap n Nats winning it all has been incredibly special.

Now I just need the Bullets or Hornets to get theys **** together. Bullets only title was the year before I was born. 

59 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

You do know y'all can like a team just to like a team. You don't have to justify it through the wife or dad or city. 

This year, I like the Patriots, Raptors, Nats, Blues, and Manchester City, because I'm a grown up. I can root for whoever I like and eat ice cream for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. 

Yep, sports is a choice, I can choose to turn it off.

2 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

You do know y'all can like a team just to like a team. You don't have to justify it through the wife or dad or city. 

This year, I like the Patriots, Raptors, Nats, Blues, and Manchester City, because I'm a grown up. I can root for whoever I like and eat ice cream for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. 

At the end of the day, I could care less who pulls for what team and why.  Including people that switch teams, no justification is needed, it's their money and time being spent and none of my business.  Which is why I've found it funny over the years (on here a handful of times and in real life) when people give me **** about the teams I pull for, thinking their insults bother me.  

My best friend was a die hard Bills fan when we were growing up.  Even had season tickets and would drive from Ohio to Buffalo on game days.  A few years ago, he told me he was done and was going to root for the Packers (he was originally from Wisconsin) cause the organization (Buffalo) was garbage and he wasn't going to invest any more time/money on them.  

I busted his balls (cause it's fun - not because I cared) and he said, "Fan free agency man.  Fan free agency." and he couldn't be more right.  He has season tickets for the Browns now (last two seasons) and pulls for them too.  His money, time, emotions.......not mine.  Do what you gotta do that feels right.

I can actually say that with all the **** I've (we've) put up with in regards to the Redskins, I'm closer to not giving a **** anymore than I've ever been in my life.  All I know is this, if they don't fix the front office issue after this season or take the correct approach in fixing the way they do things, I'm gonna have to some thinking.  And that wouldn't include picking another team to pull for, but probably more towards the mental/emotional/time investment I put into this team.  

I've got three TVs in the man cave with Sunday Ticket, so the game will always be on one of them, but it's gotten to the point where I'll toss our game on one of the small TVs with no sound and start watching movies/TV shows in the 3rd or 4th qtr now.  Especially this year, ****ing 1-7 record..........I couldn't get happy with the W over Miami.   

15 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

I never claimed a team before the Nats. Was a fan of individual baseball players around the league.  Went to Orioles games growing up, but it just never clicked.

Same.

I remember only being excited to go to O's games if they were playing the Mariners. Griffey Jr was the KING in the 90s.

2 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Halloween is probably my least favorite holiday - if you can call it that.  I am, however, very disappointed there is no pumpkin emoji in my phone.  Samsung needs to step their game up.

You think that's bad, try being in a youth group bible study whatsup group.  I may bump one of my threads over this

Archived