Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I bawled like a b**** for 30 minutes before the game.

I made amends with the gods that no matter what happened, I would be proud of the boys

Game started out badly, but we went all Nationals late.

I have not talked about baseball on this forum all year.

You're superstitious if you're a baseball player.

Time to wash the Nationals shirt I've been wearing for 3 weeks without a cycle.

I love you guys.

19 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Hey Mamacita, nice pumpkins.

*Slap*

Er..well Happy Halloween anyways.

--

What percentage of Nats fans were Orioles fans a decade ago? 90%? 95%? And how many would admit that? 10%? 15%

I kid...congrats Nats diehards. 

I said the same about Caps fans. Only 10% of the kids I grew up with were Caps fans/watched hockey. Now 90% of my friends in the DMV are Caps fans. 

14 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

What percentage of Nats fans were Orioles fans a decade ago? 90%? 95%? And how many would admit that? 10%? 15%

Orioles fan growing up. Only game in town. 1981 - 2003. Watched them on DC 20 and HTS. Drove from Alexandria went to Camden untold times from 96 to 03. Usually could get from alexandria to baltimore in about 45 minutes.

Jumped ship in 2004. Started following the expos because the nationals were announced. 

Left because of Angelos and other bull****. As I told another Nats fan earlier this year (or was it last year ... IDK), "there's only so much Jeff Conine at 1st base you can watch before going bonkers."

1996 and Maier broke my heart beyond repair. It never healed. And Angelos pissed on it every year after that. 

I purchased a ticket package for the Nats in 2005 and went to games at RFK, the last year I lived in nova. It felt right. DC is my town, not balmer, not maryland.

And yes, a world series championship feels so sweet. No regerts. No Fs givens. 

47 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Hey Mamacita, nice pumpkins.

*Slap*

Er..well Happy Halloween anyways.

--

I kid...congrats Nats diehards. 

I was a Yankees fan, and dad gave his blessing because we didnt have a team when he moved to New York.  Theres a difference between being a fan and wanting the local area team to do well, neither a huge deal.  He'll never flip, but he watched game 7 with me and was happy for me, he knows it's better for the area for the team to be good for multiple reasons.

You do know y'all can like a team just to like a team. You don't have to justify it through the wife or dad or city. 

This year, I like the Patriots, Raptors, Nats, Blues, and Manchester City, because I'm a grown up. I can root for whoever I like and eat ice cream for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. 

Archived