Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

There's some girl from america's got talent whose making the rounds on Facebook for her performance of Black Crowe's. It's awful. People love it. She's a gyrating mess. Yeah, she gets into it—call it courage, call it brave but it's not talent in my book. 

I heard a xxtenacion was shot and killed today. He’s a rap artist. This is the first time I’ve ever heard of this person. 

Im 31. This is the oldest I’ve ever felt before. I imagine he was one of these dudes on the discovery side of Snap with tattoos all over their face that I always skip over shaking my head  

24 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

30s aren't a death knell. I'm 32 and in the best shape of my life. I do have occasional knee problems though.

Nope. Far from it. And like Chew said, older women (always had a thing for them going back like 6 years ago when I dated a woman that was 46) do become more appealing, and more available, now that youve got a bit of seasoning. And you can spit that next level "Been around the block " game to the younger shorties  (one im with now is 20).

The way things are shaping up now, my 30's will be a blast.

2 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Oh I’m in the best shape of my life too. Just felt like a fossil not knowing who guy was. Like I’m headed toward the abyss of being the older “out of it” guy that isn’t up on things 

I'm not either. I listen to Rock the Bells most of the time. Haven't listened to 95.5 or any other local station extensively since '08.

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Oh I’m in the best shape of my life too. Just felt like a fossil not knowing who guy was. Like I’m headed toward the abyss of being the older “out of it” guy that isn’t up on things 

Better than to be that ole wanna be hip guy making references to kids shows that were on tv when you were 40 years ole. 

Lookin at you predicto. 

Well, guess I should start looking for a job. I've had five months of traveling and lounging, I suppose that's enough. The thought of looking for a new job both terrifies and repulses me at the same time though. Oh well, can't put it off forever.

Had  scary experience last night. 

Opened my eyes and everything was all black and not a single sound. A second later: BOOM! Thunder exploded through like it directly above our roof.

it was an eerie feeling to wake up suddenly and have no sensory input from anything. Seriously, the first thought that went through my head was: is this what a nuclear attack is like?

edit: darkness and silence was because the power got knocked out. Never realize how much humming all the electronics puts out. We also keep the hall bathroom light on for the kids, so there's always some light on around the bedrooms.

It was pretty cool though, within the next minute when I figured out where I was and all of a sudden we're getting bombarded by a fierce hailstorm. 

Looking forward to 30.  I'm used to being the youngest in the room, and that used to get used against me more in the past then it does now. When I first got here, I seriously considered hiding my age.  I also remember telliin my dad I wanted to be wise like him one day.  He just smiled, I didn't get it then, but no matter what I do, he'll always have a 30 year headstart on me (that's actually strangley comforting to me).  Also feel like that expectations I turned my back on will be gone and the new ones will be right up my alley.

3 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

Had  scary experience last night. 

Opened my eyes and everything was all black and not a single sound. A second later: BOOM! Thunder exploded through like it directly above our roof.

it was an eerie feeling to wake up suddenly and have no sensory input from anything. Seriously, the first thought that went through my head was: is this what a nuclear attack is like?

edit: darkness and silence was because the power got knocked out. Never realize how much humming all the electronics puts out. We also keep the hall bathroom light on for the kids, so there's always some light on around the bedrooms.

It was pretty cool though, within the next minute when I figured out where I was and all of a sudden we're getting bombarded by a fierce hailstorm. 

Reminds me of an epic sleep paralysis night I had once. was just laying in my  bed (it was dark, always is in these situations) and something was making my eyes focus on the widows, where the streetlight was coming in. Then out of nowhere, this severely elongated, shadowy, wispy and slimy hand came from the other side of the room and latched onto me, then tried to choke me, and subsequently stuck part of its hand in my throat, trying to choke me that way. But I bit down on it, and it was actually struggling, then I let go, and woke up feeling like I almost choked to death, coughing and gasping for breath. But it felt like it was all real. Room looked exactly the same as it did while I was out. Then I basically kept my eyes on the same spot the whole night.

Made me think that that's what people feel when they believe they were abducted by aliens. Can't tell what's reality and what isn't in that state.

54 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

When I first got here, I seriously considered hiding my age.  

I personally loved all the kid jokes (though I joke with cooley all the time, these cats on  the other hand were ruthless :806:) I always shot back, upping the ante. BigMike was one of the ones that I remember giving me the most **** back in those days :806:

15 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I personally loved all the kid jokes (though so joke with cooley all the time, these cats on  the oyher hand were ruthless :806:) I always shot back, upping the ante. BigMike was one of the ones that I remember giving me the most **** back in those days :806:

: ) Most of time it was fun and games, that was cool, but I would occasionally get into a debate with people in the Stadium sometime, they realize they're losing, look at my profile, and be like "I can't take you seriously, you're like 15, dude."  I f'n hated that ****, why should that matter if I'm right?

A lot of our post history is gone if you click to beginning of what you have in profile.  I remember trying to go into the tailgate as someone in their mid-teens about stuff that was bothering me (like fallujah) or making sure I even understood my own political leanings:

I can see places where I knew I was in the right direction but didn't have all the pieces yet to go with how serious I was on my stance on the topic, start a thread and stoke fires to get other people's perspective.  Can also see where I was just wrong because I didn't understand why I was wrong instead of actually being wrong.

One bathroom at work is a single stall and really hard to tell if it’s in use. So you get people, myself included, walk in, pause (trying to gauge availability), fake use the sink to wash their hands, some who are still not sure give the door a slight push. 

Awkward exoerience for all involved.

19 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

One bathroom at work is a single stall and really hard to tell if it’s in use. So you get people, myself included, walk in, pause (trying to gauge availability), fake use the sink to wash their hands, some who are still not sure give the door a slight push. 

Awkward exoerience for all involved.

:rofl89:

Is the stall wall too low to look under?  We've got a single stall joint as well, you can usually see feet when you walk in.  We have a single stall bathroom too, it's my sanctuary.  And I feel violated when I half to poo and somebody's in there.  Sometimes when somebody's in the stall, I'll rip one as loud as I can before walking out to let them know they're trespassing. 

When I was in Seattle, the federal bldg. I worked in had a contract with mentally disabled folks to clean the bathrooms.  Fully capable people, but they were a little slow.  I was in there doing work and the cleaning guy came in.  He did the awkward "anybody in here" and I was like "yo!"  He must not have heard me.  He came in and started cleaning.  Pulled on the stall door I was in only to realize it was locked.  He put his eye up to the little hole to look in...... and we made eye contact.  Then he just walked out.  :rofl89:

Archived