Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

He's got a history of beating women?  If that's not enough of a grievance, I'm not sure what else should be.

Then I'll counter your question with a question:

Should the United States of America get a pass? I mean after all, we were built off of the slaughter, kidnapping and rape of innocent people, and founded off of staggeringly hypocritical lines of rubbish and ideals that after 240 years, still have yet to be realized. It was also steered towards world dominance by a host of men who were vile women beaters, and probably worse. Our country is run by this. Families are run by people like this. No one even knows what they do.

Do you think Jim Brown has gotten a pass for anything in his life, being a black man that dared to use his platform as an athlete to stand up against the government and white america back when it was dangerous for your health? You think people say "Yeah ol' Jim who beat those women, that's perfectly fine?" I mean, we elected someone who is on recording, has witnessses, and all kinds of other stories of how vile he is towards women, and only did an entire party endorse him, people adore him. They turn his stupid crap into WWE catchphrases.

Just as recently as last year, the NFL that you have a problem with people protesting against, has long had a pretty dgaf attitude towards domestic violence as im sure you know. Multiple owners (of high esteem) have been able to keep a lot of stuff like that outside of the media. as well as other issues. But you won't stop watching the NFL will you? No. But you want a  activist in the black community to be discredited, being one of the very few to successfully make a difference in a lot of lives in a lot of bad neighborhoods. You want people to believe that a black player protesting against the flag (that clearly represents different things to many people the darker the shade of skin gets) that it's just because he can't play. 

I don't know the dude. I know that beating women is wrong, and callous. I know that a lifetime of civil service does not change the harm one human does to another. I know that I admire his courage to stand for the black community and help people.

I know that if you truly think he's gotten a pass, and doesn't deserve to be celebrated the way he is, then you might wanna do a history check of this country, and it might have you kneeling during the National Anthem too.

34 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Then I'll counter your question with a question:

Should the United States of America get a pass? I mean after all, we were built off of the slaughter, kidnapping and rape of innocent people, and founded off of staggeringly hypocritical lines of rubbish and ideals that after 240 years, still have yet to be realized. It was also steered towards world dominance by a host of men who were vile women beaters, and probably worse. Our country is run by this. Families are run by people like this. No one even knows what they do.

Do you think Jim Brown has gotten a pass for anything in his life, being a black man that dared to use his platform as an athlete to stand up against the government and white america back when it was dangerous for your health? You think people say "Yeah ol' Jim who beat those women, that's perfectly fine?" I mean, we elected someone who is on recording, has witnessses, and all kinds of other stories of how vile he is towards women, and only did an entire party endorse him, people adore him. They turn his stupid crap into WWE catchphrases.

Just as recently as last year, the NFL that you have a problem with people protesting against, has long had a pretty dgaf attitude towards domestic violence as im sure you know. Multiple owners (of high esteem) have been able to keep a lot of stuff like that outside of the media. as well as other issues. But you won't stop watching the NFL will you? No. But you want a  activist in the black community to be discredited, being one of the very few to successfully make a difference in a lot of lives in a lot of bad neighborhoods. You want people to believe that a black player protesting against the flag (that clearly represents different things to many people the darker the shade of skin gets) that it's just because he can't play. 

I don't know the dude. I know that beating women is wrong, and callous. I know that a lifetime of civil service does not change the harm one human does to another. I know that I admire his courage to stand for the black community and help people.

I know that if you truly think he's gotten a pass, and doesn't deserve to be celebrated the way he is, then you might wanna do a history check of this country, and it might have you kneeling during the National Anthem too.

Gee, how'd I know you'd make it about race.  Didn't see that one coming at all.  

10 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Gee, how'd I know you'd make it about race.  Didn't see that one coming at all.  

You claim that a a man that has beaten women is apparently being given a pass on that for what he's done as a civil rights activist, which, you know, has a little something to do with race :mellow:.Unlike you, I totally saw that response coming, based off of your previous ones.

But that's cool, it's probably for the better that you went the week "Look he made it about race!" route, rather than actually respond. Just proves that you really might be as cllueless as your posts suggest

Ive come to be a Jameis Winston fan from watching HBO Hard Knocks this year. Didnt care much for him when he was at FSU. Though my view point on his was skewed a bit from some of the controversial stories on him, on top of his charasmatic personality, which led me to judge him negatively and root against him. 

But HBO has done a damn good job turning that perception around for me. 

1 hour ago, CRobi21 said:

Ive come to be a Jameis Winston fan from watching HBO Hard Knocks this year. Didnt care much for him when he was at FSU. Though my view point on his was skewed a bit from some of the controversial stories on him, on top of his charasmatic personality, which led me to judge him negatively and root against him. 

But HBO has done a damn good job turning that perception around for me. 

I don't watch the NFL anymore but I'm watching Hard Knocks and All or Nothing. Yeah I like Jameis' personality. He's like a mix of stud athlete and southern preacher. Anyone else and the stuff he says would be corn ball-but I buy it from him. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

You claim that a a man that has beaten women is apparently being given a pass on that for what he's done as a civil rights activist, which, you know, has a little something to do with race :mellow:.Unlike you, I totally saw that response coming, based off of your previous ones.

But that's cool, it's probably for the better that you went the week "Look he made it about race!" route, rather than actually respond. Just proves that you really might be as cllueless as your posts suggest

Or maybe I'm just tired of most everything in the Tailgate that's being posted recently.

But I dgaf about people protesting the NFL, obviously I love Trump and Ray Rice.  Man, I love being told what I think and like.  I never said I have a problem with people protesting against the NFL, I just don't think it makes sense.....the NFL can't make a team sign Kaepernick.  The NFL as a corporation itself has nothing to do with whether or not any of the 32 teams want to sign him.  The NFL never suspended him or fined him (neither did his team).  The NFL never scolded him for sitting or kneeling for the Anthem.   The NFL never did anything bad to him for demonstrating his beliefs.  If they want to protest something NFL related then they should protest their local team this weekend.   They're the ones who aren't hiring him, not the NFL.  

I'm assuming Jim Brown gets a pass because on assaulting women because those incidents happened a long time ago in the pre-internet era.  You're right, he's done a lot of great things but I have a hard time marrying the two sides of him together.  On one side you've got someone who's done good work in the inner cities with gangs and made strides as a civil rights activist and on the other side you've got a guy who's assaulted women.  I'm not sorry for having misgivings towards someone who likes to appear as a moral and social authority on things when their very own actions are in question. 

We can agree to disagree, let's not further hijack this thread into another Tailgate race/social thread (yes, sorry for starting it).  If you'd love to lecture me some more on how I should feel and think, feel free to DM me.  

Pizza making contest with my wife in a little while.

Sauce and crust are the keys to my victory. 

Remind me to not make wagers while watching a game or playing shuffle board. 

At this point.  I'm starving. A drunken pizza slice would be great... Even though I am sober. 

Also remind me to stop going for a hike on game days. 

I don't care much about preseason either...but this game is typically the best one. 

Haha. Trip pick. Can I trademark that? 

I did a bunch of housework earlier so I wasn't feeling like cooking, and hubby mowed the yard and he didn't want to either, so we ordered from Marco's...a thin Hawaiian Chicken w/black olives added (he likes 'em), a turkey club sub, chicken dippers, and cinnasquares...they've increased their delivery charge to 3 bucks, that's ****ed up. 

Got it, @Kosher Ham.  I was just messin' about this is typically the best one...it's turning out better than it started, for sure.:kickcan:

Archived