Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

56 minutes ago, c slag said:

Anybody in here ever get put in Facebook jail or had accounts disabled 

No.  

36 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

Not personally. I have know a few that have. 

As long as you are ...not a complete idiot...you can stay. 

You act a complete fool on top of it. Nothing can save you. 

I hope you are not on the idiot side. Wait is it the foolish side ? 

Yeah, unless you are doing something completely dumb that violates their rules, it's pretty hard to get kicked off of Facebook.  

I remember MySpace back when I was in hs. I think FB started my last year there in '05-'06, but MySpace was the where all the current incarnation known as InstaHoes would be. So much wasted time that year. I had already accomplished mostly everything I needed to, so I basically chilled most of that year, with Homeroom (stalking ESPN/SI), comp lab (browsing ES/MySpace), Cooking class, piano class, and a bunch of other dumb ****. Only real serious class was my Business class

I only use FB for Redskins groups.  Haven't posted to my personal FB page in nearly 2 years LOL.  Only use Twitter for fantasy updates.  

Used to get cheeks on blackplanet.com, though.  And there used to be a website onlinebootycall.com.  Barrels of fun.  :rofl89:

I remember MySpace and Black Planet, but I wasn't nearly in to them the way I check my FB.

My family is too all over the place, so this works for me in terms of staying in touch and seeing how everyone is doing.  I plan to do more calling people more and making more visits, but this works in meantime.  I've talked before about being very conservative about what I post, if at all, but a little snipit here and there and sharing others images/videos I like never hurt nobody. 

Sister and best friend don't use FB, and I'd say I'm closer to them then anyone on FB, so its definitely not the end all be all, not at all.

48 minutes ago, youngchew said:

I only use FB for Redskins groups.  Haven't posted to my personal FB page in nearly 2 years LOL.  Only use Twitter for fantasy updates.  

Used to get cheeks on blackplanet.com, though.  And there used to be a website onlinebootycall.com.  Got a lot of cheekage off that joint too back in like '02:rofl89:

THAT was the other website lol. I kept thinking of another site i frequented. They weren't hip enough to have a filter for it lolol.

I remember seeing a bunch of fine ass topless shorties on there.

17 years old raging hormones and looking at massive titties and ass out in the open. That was like my equivalent to a CIA spook, infiltrating a Soviet nuclear weapons lab. I swear the teach knew what i was up to, but she could never whip around to see my monitor quick enough before i switched out to a keyboarding site.

That wasn't even the worst of what was going on in there. Girls would flash, one was playing with herself, and one cat was getting head under the desk once.

Got home in time.  :silly: 

RG is good, all went well, she's still a little groggy, tho...it's kinda cute to see her eyes as droopy as mine are gettin'.  :D  Gonna have to put her on weight control food...they sell about a dozen different versions of top-notch brands at the doggy daycare, and I tried Natural Balance "Fat Cats" once, they all ate it.  Doc said put 'em all on it and supplement the other two with extra wet food (which Sabrina needs anyway).

Whew.  All good in the kittyhood.  (Oh, and Mickey showed back up, too...every morning this week for breakfast...so that just leaves Cameron, of the porch kitties that I had fixed, that hasn't come back around yet.)

I'm torn right now.  My dad is starting to ask me for rides a lot because of his car situation (getting a bunch of temporary tags and close to just saying f it and not have a car at all).

I want to be supportive, he works right around the corner from my job, but he gets off at a weird time where I don't have time to go home then come back and get him.  Jist I'm getting from him is he doesn't want to ride the bus, and I kinda don't want to hear it because I had to do that for years rain, heat, hail, or snow.  Am I wrong for wanting to limit this to inclement weather as opposed to allowing this to become a 3-5 day a week thing?  It's not like I don't see him, I visit my parents regularly, I'm just concerned my heart is going to get the best of me here.

I already gave him a grand to get his last car, which he drove through a puddle and flooded out the engine.  I'm hoping he brings it up himself, we've already been through this before. Am I wrong here?

Depends on his age. But he does sound irresponsible considering you've helped him out in the past. 

Is he physically okay to bus it? 

Your inclement weather plan is a good compromise. Otherwise you'll be his taxi service whenever he wants without regard for your own life.

18 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Glad all is well in Kitty World. You might try chewy.com for the food. It's where I buy Dancer's food.

I've seen their commercials.  And not that I wouldn't love the convenience, I get a kick out of seeing the dogs (and supporting a local small business). 

6 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Depends on his age. But he does sound irresponsible considering you've helped him out in the past. 

Is he physically okay to bus it? 

Your inclement weather plan is a good compromise. Otherwise you'll be his taxi service whenever he wants without regard for your own life.

He'll be 58 in October.  Irresponsible isn't the word that comes to mind, just not a big fan of how he allocates his resources and mom can't drive to go get him.  No doubt in my mind he could ride the bus if he had to.

14 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I'm torn right now.  My dad is starting to ask me for rides a lot because of his car situation (getting a bunch of temporary tags and close to just saying f it and not have a car at all).

I want to be supportive, he works right around the corner from my job, but he gets off at a weird time where I don't have time to go home then come back and get him.  Jist I'm getting from him is he doesn't want to ride the bus, and I kinda don't want to hear it because I had to do that for years rain, heat, hail, or snow.  Am I wrong for wanting to limit this to inclement weather as opposed to allowing this to become a 3-5 day a week thing?  It's not like I don't see him, I visit my parents regularly, I'm just concerned my heart is going to get the best of me here.

I already gave him a grand to get his last car, which he drove through a puddle and flooded out the engine.  I'm hoping he brings it up himself, we've already been through this before. Am I wrong here?

Being frustrated about it?  Absolutely not.  Not wanting to give him rides, that all depends on the situation I guess and your relationship to him and the reasons he can't get his car situation in order.  And is he about to say **** it because it's easier for him to depend on rides from you or is there some financial barriers in the way? 

9 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

He'll be 58 in October.  Irresponsible isn't the word that comes to mind, just not a big fan of how he allocates his resources and mom can't drive to go get him.  No doubt in my mind he could ride the bus if he had to.

So, instead of doing what is right with his money, he chooses other things to spend it on?  Are those other things, things he could do without?  If so, I'd probably show some tough love and tell him that there was no reason why he can't get his finances in order and offer to help him plan a budget.  And tell him that I'd take him to work when the weather was inclement and he had to bus it the other days.

He might not like to hear that, and I know it's your dad and all, but if it were reversed, wouldn't he show you tough love?  I know my dad would.

1 hour ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Being frustrated about it?  Absolutely not.  Not wanting to give him rides, that all depends on the situation I guess and your relationship to him and the reasons he can't get his car situation in order.  And is he about to say **** it because it's easier for him to depend on rides from you or is there some financial barriers in the way? 

So, instead of doing what is right with his money, he chooses other things to spend it on?  Are those other things, things he could do without?  If so, I'd probably show some tough love and tell him that there was no reason why he can't get his finances in order and offer to help him plan a budget.  And tell him that I'd take him to work when the weather was inclement and he had to bus it the other days.

He might not like to hear that, and I know it's your dad and all, but if it were reversed, wouldn't he show you tough love?  I know my dad would.

I told him I got him if the weather is bad, but I can't figure it out anymore, it doesn't add up.  $900 water bill, water is off, but they have directv and satellite internet.  I jus want to run away from it, **** hurts. I think he jus doesnt want to get pulled over again

Archived