Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I can see the moon coming in from the right side. Yes, Im looking at it. No, Im not using eclipse glasses. Ghetto handyman light went on and i got a bunch of ski mask lenses and taped them over each other

Its also getting hella cloudy, so **** the weather people again for ruining everybody's life

My brother is doing some crazy ****, putting foil over a cut out cereal box and putting a small seeing hole through it, then aiming the opposite side at the deck and the foil at the sun so it reflects back onto the box and that even works better than my ski mask trick.

#WalterWhite

Ski mask visors don't work anymore.... 

Just now, Mr. Sinister said:

My brother is doing some crazy ****, putting foil over a cut out cereal box and putting a small seeing hole through it, then aiming the opposite side at the deck and the foil at the sun so it reflects back onto the box and that even works better than my ski mask trick.

#WalterWhite

Yeah, that's the old school way.  There was an annular solar eclipse when I was 8 years old (1984), I remember making those eclipse viewers like your brother did to view it.  

47 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

The eclipse came and went and I'm still broke.  Thanks Obama!

I wonder if anyone decided to make a baby during the eclipse. That would be so awesome that it would almost not make for a  awkward/nearly traumatic revelation of what happened while you were in the process of being conceived, like most kids get when their parents are slightly drunk at dinner, or just weird in general

Our friend that was battling cancer lost his fight this past Saturday.  Way too young to go.  

Wife and I were talking last night about death, funerals, etc. and I told her that when I die, I don't want them to waste/spend any money that they don't have to on the funeral.  No renting out a funeral home for receiving of friends, no funeral, no cemetery plot, no head stone/marker, etc.  Just have me cremated at the cheapest place you can, put me in an urn or wooden box and spread my ashes in the ocean.  My wife, felt the same way and wanted the same plan of action if she goes first.

The average funeral costs 10K+, I can get cremated and put in an urn for $800 or less.  I also told her I didn't want the receiving of friends thing at a funeral home because I don't want them having to sit there shaking hands with people they don't know, listening to stories of how they knew me or my parents, etc.  I've been fortunate to only have lost three close family members (grandfather, grandmother, uncle) and I hated sitting there for hours while people I didn't know came in talking to me.

Sounds shallow, sure, I get that.  I know people are coming to pay their last respects and I get that.  I don't want to put my daughter and wife through that though.  I told her that when I go, I want her to call our good/close friends and family and ask them what their favorite beer/wine/drink was and I wanted her to go out and buy it for them, have them over to our house and give everyone one last drink on me.

Hell, if you're paying I want Pappy. Cheap ass. 

Seriously though. I have had the same thoughts. My wife already has a plot paid for for her ( Awfully young for that ( Aunt bought it)).

I pretty much want the same thing you are saying. I want my wife to go to spread my ashes over our bed. That is where the magic happens after all.

Okay fine. I haven't thought about it more than just not wanting to rot in a hole, and not have some horrible funeral with folks that think they are friends of mine giving condolences to my family that have never even met my wife or family. 

Sorry about your friend. I have one now that has the pink ribbon. She can't be more than 30, divorced with 2 kids. Scares me. 

I plan to be cremated as well. The thought of my body slowly rotting away to bone is uncomfortable, as it was with my grandparents/cousins funerals, and just recently my aunt. The thought of it has always bothered me, especially once I found my own sense of spirituality upon abandoning my Catholic upbringing. 

Archived