Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

What a roller coaster of a day so far.

-My Friday morning Bible study paid its respect to one of our members who's leaving to go to a retirement village in Pennsylvania (some of his children live there)

-I've had a lot of "worldly stuff" on my mind (as has been made somewhat clear by my postings in the Election 2016 thread) and I wrote our clergy about it after running in to my priest today at the Bible Study

-After writing that letter, while preparing to write my story for my freelancing gig, I got a letter from my mother. It was burial information at Fort Lincoln in Brentwood with a poem my great-grandmother wrote her when she was a little girl.

My mom was diagnosed with MS in 1994 and she's done it with incredible fortitude and strength - but over the past 5 years or so, I've seen her condition worsen.

Sort of reminded me of a song I've always loved. It reminds me of her. I listened to it again this morning. This line especially stood out to me.

I've been fighting like a lion,

Looks like I'm going to lose;

I've been fighting like a lion,

Looks lie I'm going to lose;

'Cause there ain't nobody,

Ever whipped the TB Blues.

Travel/airline companies have a reason for non-transferrable tickets. They don't want a secondary reseller market to emerge. That said - that blows to be out that much. That girl ain't worth the trouble if she expects you to eat that and stick with her. 

I'd say go take the trip. Have fun. Do crazy **** and find some meaningless hookups. **** her. 

Has anybody been to Rose's Luxury in DC on barracks row before?  I've been once and it was reallllly good.  It's a little too foo-foo for me in general, but the concept of the place is pretty cool.

Anyway, my friends were able to secure a reservation for their rooftop garden patio for tonight.  It's $125/person.  I think it's private service just for our party and is about 15 courses - mostly stuff that is not on their menu.  Pretty pumped to be fat and happy tonight.  Well, being fat and happy is an everyday thing for me, but I'm looking forward to the experience. 

13 hours ago, CBass1724 said:

There are plenty of kids who have "parents" that did not give birth to them.  My dogs are my kids.  But don't you worry, I'm not ever having kids so I won't be able to have any grandpuppies.

So I have these dogs I really love.  I'll PM you to tell you about them. I love them so much. SO MUCH.

I moved into a townhouse a little over a year ago.  It looked like a dog park when I moved in.  I mean, hardly anyone "didn't" have a dog. Dogs seem to be treated like humans nowadays and it really does bug me.  I mean, not to the point where I'm going crazy, but a "grumble, grumble" under my breath.  But I do like to tease all of my neighbors.  When I see them with a plastic bag over their hands and they are picking up a FRESH, STEAMING, pile of dog doo, I laugh at them and tell them, "who owns who?"  :ols::rofl89:

3 minutes ago, pjfootballer said:

When I see them with a plastic bag over their hands and they are picking up a FRESH, STEAMING, pile of dog doo, I laugh at them and tell them, "who owns who?"  :ols::rofl89:

I will not argue this point at all, haha.  Out of my 2 little ones, one of them is independent and does her own thing.  The other one is my shadow and I absolutely am her property.  She's a bed hog, too. 

Since I moved to DC in April, I have a lot more interaction with people on the streets when I walk them.  I always thought it was awkward to have someone getting ready to walk past while the bag was in my hand ready to grab that steaming pile of **** that's getting pushed out.  But now I embrace it.  I will gladly smile and say hi to the absurdly hot chicks walking the streets of my neighborhood while my dogs are squatting.  Good times.

13 minutes ago, Xameil said:

In all fairness...there were 2 or 3 people ****ing

That is true. One of them Im surprised is even back on this site after what he said to Slacky (who remains gone), and said afterward on several other sites. Very charming.

I mostly agreed with what was said, but it was so over the top and was sure to incite the moron brigade, who proudly obliged

Disagree about the autoreplace (and calling out the mods for it), I mean its doing nothing but poking harmless fun at the guy. 

If im joking around with a friend and say something féminine about him in a joking manner, im not disparaging women, or gay people if i did the same there, like we do here all the time. Doesnt even enter my head. But I think him reacting in such a hostile nature really spelled the end for that thread. 

21 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Crises averted, she's going :)

Going as in she got a way out of whatever that was, and wants to go, or going as in she just doesn't want to feel feel guilty?

20 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

So the twitter thread got shut down over people arguing about the Tony R. autocorrects?  LOL  

Looks that way. Shame that we cant all come together and viciously disparage NFC East opponents :(

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Going as in she got a way out of whatever that was, and wants to go, or going as in she just doesn't want to feel feel guilty?

Her biggest issue turned out having a babysitter because she never told her mother that she was going with me. Once she came clean with her mom and said I have already paid for the entire trip her mother said that she would watch her daughter.

So I think her mom felt sorry for me lol.

2 minutes ago, Skinz4Life12 said:

Nice SPJ, make sure to check out Udder Delight (its on the ride in/out of Magen's Bay). Amazing alcoholic milkshakes made to go!

I have lactose ummm issues but I'll be sure to give it a go. Thanks for the word.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Why wouldnt she tell her mother she was going somewhere with you? You sure this girl is stable? :ols: (I mean forgive me but I cant help but think of your previous stories ov er r the years about your encounters with questionable women)

I have no clue why she didn't tell her, she honestly doesn't always make the right choices sometimes when it comes to simple things. I chalk it up to being young and silly.

Archived