Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

10 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

It's all ****ed now.  Can't even go in the dead ATN anymore.  

Oh man :ols: , I nearly lost it in the Cousins thread last week. Made a post about how I didnt like that things seemed to be too loosy goosy, and how things had better even out or they could be in trouble (basically), and this dude comes out of nowhere and swells up like "Well what exactly do you think youre gonna do about it if they dont?"

Im tellin you man, the old Sin wouldve had the Kill Bill sirens going off in his head and a red haze surrounding him :ols:

You're getting too old to let them get under your skin that way. Trust me when I say I speak from experience there. To this day,there's a fortunate lag between the time I form a response to something here and the time I click "submit reply."  

For the record books,I once said something similar to Sinister and a few others many years ago as well. Sin was one of those that would go on a nice tangent,then metaphorically look you right in the eye and say "I'm not ****ing mad."   ;)    It's the interwebz. Too many idiots out there and it'll make you old before your time letting them stress you out. :taz:

I've learned to not sweat people as much. Even smoothed things over with RedBeast after my last real blowup (which will never happen again).

I have always had a very needling style when I passionately argue a subject, but i have tried my best to dial that back, and like PCS said, give it a moment before I hit send.

Learned the lesson in 2d awhile cc ago after a fight with a neighbor that had me in handcuffs (wasnt arrested) and it took a little longer to learn it in 3d.

Best thing to do is gauge when you know its clear someone is intentionally misrepresenting what you are saying and toying with you, or simply cant get right, and if so, fall back. Thats usually when things go south. Now i just use my sense of humor more instead ot getting angry. Or I just end it with a simple "Okay, you win the battle of Mordor (pretty much)" and call it a night.

You cant change everyone. But you can change how you react.

9 minutes ago, pjfootballer said:

Agree. The older I get, the less I want to win the Internets. It's just not important to always be right. I've tried to mellow out the last couple of years. Helps that I'm getting over a bunch of rough times.

Speaking of winning the internets...

you hear about Fairfax underground and how online beefs are resulting in real world retaliation? Get a grip, people!

Probably kids (who need to stay the hell off of social media). It can be tough enough for some grown adults. Kids should not be exposed to that.

I remember mlast year of hs YouTube and FB were just starting out, but MySpace was the big dog back then. Total self absorbed garbage some chicks I used to mess with would post on their pages. It stunts your maturity and critical thinking.

Probably why theres such an  influx of stupid, despite everyone simultaneously trying to convince you how smart they all are.

11 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I've learned to not sweat people as much. Even smoothed things over with RedBeast after my last real blowup (which will never happen again).

You cant change everyone. But you can change how you react.

Glad we got it all worked out. :) 

I never had a MySpace page. It was cool when it was just music. Then the attention whoring began. I think Facebook is just a better version. No thanks.  If anyone takes internet arguments seriously...they have bigger problems. Hell, Taze and I are arguing about fried chicken. Haha. We know it's not going to be a serious problem. 

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

So, we've got it down to:  Zax for sauce, KFC for wedges, CFA for waffle fries...but the chicken question is still up in the air!!:ols:

Youd have a better chance achieving world peace :ols:

Many a man/woman have come to blows over fried chicken

On another note, I wonder if various fellow members of the Tailgate realize just how easy it is to form a quasi psychological profile on them based on the manner in which they approach and defend various subjects vs others. Very easy to peer through the fake shroud

Archived