Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

5 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Plus people always go out of their way to tell everyone how much they love them, which just makes me hate them even more...

Or call them their kids, grandkids, etc. Makes me want to hurl. Did you give birth to them? 

We had pets growing up. We loved and cared for them. But they were treated like pets, not humans.

Two years ago, I decided to go to get my masters to be an English professor. In the meanwhile, I've had virtually no useful teaching experiences. Whole thing has been a big waste for the most part. I'm almost done with my degree, but I'm not prepared at all.

Well, this summer I got hired on to help run a grammar and writing lab for a small community college. I would be helping teach English as a second language to international students and help polish up their essays and creative writing. It was exactly what I wanted to do. Pay rate was great. I was supposed to start Monday.

Got an email this afternoon. The writing labs won't be running next because week because of budget problemsSo I may be out of a job. There's no word yet on just how bad the situation is. The real kicker is that I turned down a job at my university because this one was supposed to pay significantly better. What a laugh. 

33 minutes ago, Skinz4Life12 said:

I've been to St. Thomas 3 times...its dope...you should definitely go no matter what. A couple pain killers at Magen's Bay will make you forget all about that broad

Absolutely this. Go, drink pain killers on the beach.

Just now, Mr. Sinister said:

I love cats

Shocking 

31 minutes ago, Bacon said:

What a laugh. 

Sorry to hear that. Not sure where you're located but it seems like the English/2nd language field is a good place to be and will continue to grow in need as the country gets more diverse right? Hopefully, the lab gig is still happening tho

22 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I love cats

Alpa Chino "I love the kitty" lookin ass

maxresdefault.jpg

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

Two years ago, I decided to go to get my masters to be an English professor. In the meanwhile, I've had virtually no useful teaching experiences. Whole thing has been a big waste for the most part. I'm almost done with my degree, but I'm not prepared at all.

Well, this summer I got hired on to help run a grammar and writing lab for a small community college. I would be helping teach English as a second language to international students and help polish up their essays and creative writing. It was exactly what I wanted to do. Pay rate was great. I was supposed to start Monday.

Got an email this afternoon. The writing labs won't be running next because week because of budget problemsSo I may be out of a job. There's no word yet on just how bad the situation is. The real kicker is that I turned down a job at my university because this one was supposed to pay significantly better. What a laugh. 

Damn, that's tough.  Is college level specifically what you're hoping to do?

1 hour ago, pjfootballer said:

Or call them their kids, grandkids, etc. Makes me want to hurl. Did you give birth to them?

There are plenty of kids who have "parents" that did not give birth to them.  My dogs are my kids.  But don't you worry, I'm not ever having kids so I won't be able to have any grandpuppies.

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I love cats

So I have these dogs I really love.  I'll PM you to tell you about them. I love them so much. SO MUCH.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Unless we're talking the kind you put between a bun and throw some mustard and relish on, I'll pass ^_^

These are my favorite.  If on a bun, it's mustard only.  Sometimes I'll cut one up on a plate and will dip it in ketchup.  Also, I love a grilled hot dog where it's pretty dark and charred on the outside.  At home I'll butterfly them on the griddle.

265005-3.jpg

I LOVE HOT DOGS

In terms of the kids thing, part of the issue is that as a parent you literally have no other options. You can't leave a toddler home alone and you can't bring a sick kid to day care or work. 

I'm not trying to claim that other people don't have legitimate needs though. I think in some areas our society's attitude towards work needs an adjustment. 

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Sorry to hear that. Not sure where you're located but it seems like the English/2nd language field is a good place to be and will continue to grow in need as the country gets more diverse right? Hopefully, the lab gig is still happening tho

I'm in SoCal. So yes, there's a ton of kids that speak Spanish and English but aren't polished with the latter and find the transition to higher education very challenging. It's gratifying work at this level because they badly want to learn in order to support themselves and their families. I hope I'll be afforded the chance to work soon. Wednesday will be the next time I hear anything.

1 hour ago, dfitzo53 said:

Damn, that's tough.  Is college level specifically what you're hoping to do?

Yes, or community college. I was planning to wrap things up in May and see what kind of work I could find without a PhD and decide where to go from there. Community college positions typically only require a masters, so I was assuming the transition would be easy with the right connections, but when opportunities keep slipping through my fingers, it makes the process much more difficult.

11 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Man you at the very least should guilt trip her into some sex or something after that mess

For $1500 that better be more then just sex...for that much it better be some 50 shades of grey type **** with some backdoor shenanigans...topped off with one helluva massage that results in a happy ending

28 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

They're delicious.

Not if youve seen the anount of hairballs and dead insects they can cough up...

Dogs eat those beggin strips and bammas let em eat part of the steak and chicken right off their plate. They probably taste much better.

4 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Seriously?  I thought I liked you...:ols:

Nobody likes him...

Archived