Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I've been with DTV for 14 years now.  They usually do me a solid since I have the premium channel package and get Sunday Ticket every year.  What I find amusing though is I'll read posts on here one has gotten free NFL Sunday Ticket by saying different reasons (e.g. one will say they demanded it free, another they want the free ticket because new subscribers get it and it's not fair, etc.).

Then my friends will tell me what they did to get it free.  Then I call and have tried to use the same method and am told, even by supervisors in the retention dept. that they cannot give it out free this year.  Then they give me multiple discounts that make it "free" as it cancels out the cost of getting it and then some.

Not saying anyone is lying or them for that matter.  I know depending on what level employee they are, they are limited to what they can give you or discount you, they have told me that before.  But I wonder if they have a quota of "free" gives on the Ticket per year or something and once they are used up, then they technically can't give it "free" anymore and have to offer discounts?

After I got through with the dude, I was like "oh yeah I'd like Sunday Ticket for free if possible." He cam back like "that line item shows zero dollars, you're not being charged for it. It's free again this year"

giphy.gif

Not to toot my own horn, but I do "friendly and polite but disappointed" very well when talking to customer service reps lol. I got all day bro, yes I'll hold while you see if you can get approval from your supervisor.

Right on!

Just being polite and friendly can pay off sometimes when dealing with customer service reps.  One time, while flying for business, and waiting at the gate, the flight got cancelled.  So, naturally, everybody was pissed and wigging out on the customer service reps.  I was annoyed, but figured "it's out of my control, I'll get there eventually." So, I was pretty chill when it got to my turn to rebook.  

And rep said, "you know what, thank you for being so understanding with me today, I can get you on the next flight, w/ a free upgrade to first class."  Only time I've ever flown 1st class.  hahaha, all my coworkers who were in line in front of me and didn't get that offer were jealous as a mug!

In-flight your boy was relaxed and living it up!

first-class-flight1.jpg?w=223&h=297

I had DTV for 10 years, but it was under my wife's name.  Now with us separated and me living at another address, I called and ordered and they gave me Sunday Ticket Free, 3 months of all movie channels and because my parents have it, $10 a month off for 10 months with the refer a friend.

Hey at least your parents didn't nickname you after a piece of candy

No I just get called Cody, Coby, "ohh Kobe Bryant" or for the few that understand Colby, it's "oh you mean like the cheese"

Yes, like the cheese

Eh, names are what they are.

It's the person that makes them great. My middle name is the fat guy on Seinfeld. LMAO

You're alright by me Momma. *fist bump*

Truth there bro. It's all good, names are silly thing to worry about

*fist bump*

Eh, names are what they are.

It's the person that makes them great.  My middle name is the fat guy on Seinfeld.  LMAO

You're alright by me Momma.  *fist bump*

My middle name is usually thought of as a name for Satan.   

satan1.jpg

---------------

and i LIKE it!

Imagine some smartass that thinks he's/she's the first to blurt out "Polo!" When I tell them my first name. Hundreds of times over 27 years. Or people constantly mispronouncing or horribly mispelling your last name. Story of my life.

Lol i had a kid on my football team a few years ago named marco. I always did that. Got to the point where I'd yell "Marco" and the whole team would yell "Polo"

From what I see is you are setting the size still as a rectangle.

<div style = 'background-image: url(image.gif)'></div> div { background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: 50%; border-radius: 50%; width: 100px; height: 100px; }

Try something like that, man html has gotten crazy since I used to dabble.

Thanks, I'll try it out. Only question is I'm using a thumbnail image not a background.

Archived