Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Soccer is and forever will be a niche sport in this country. At best it will surpass Hockey in some markets.

Baseball used to be the top sport also.

It is possible, but they have to find a way to make it more appealing to the fans that love the other sports as entertainment value.

These guys don't do homerun derby and dunk contests, and such for any other reason. Some still miss the NFL challenges.

Late night lift session relieves stress.

Nice, I love that feeling.

On a tangentially related note, I took a camping trip with our 7th and 8th graders this past week with one other teacher.  Fun trip, I would definitely do it again, but it turns out I'm not 16 anymore.  We played a two or three hour game of Capture the Flag on wet grass.  Slipped on the grass and went up in the air Charlie Brown style and came down hard on my ribs.  Been somewhat painful for days since, but I don't think it hurts bad enough to mean that I cracked a rib.

This I.fskinsfans guy in the OTA tweet thread has been hilarious the past couple of days. I finally got caught up on that last night.

No worries, judging by his posts he will never figure out how to get over here to this thread

Soccer is great and a lot of fun to watch but I should clarify I only enjoy watching International teams play really, it's too difficult to follow the Barclays or the European league and all that.

But I love both men's and women's World Cup time.

And the Fifa games are legit

This I.fskinsfans guy in the OTA tweet thread has been hilarious the past couple of days. I finally got caught up on that last night.

No worries, judging by his posts he will never figure out how to get over here to this thread

I went back a few pages read some of his posts and I'm not buying it.  My guess is it's someone banned that came back under a new name and playing dumb or it's a new poster that is playing stupid/dumb for the sake of trolling.  

Engaged in a violent debate with other people about fan caves / man caves. Yes, the terminology is stupid. THIS IS MY MAN CAVE. But the whole CONCEPT is not. You can call it a sports room and I'd have no issue with it.

What I do have issue with is people saying you shouldn't do that. I do whatever I want. And I enjoy collecting memorabilia. And no one should tell me YOU CAN'T COLLECT ALL THOSE BOBBLEHEADS YOU SHOULD SELL THEM ON EBAY. Yes, all the **** I get from games is worth a lot on Ebay, but I am not selling ****. All this is just "fan cave" decoration. It's awesome.

If you ask me there's nothing wrong with dedicating your room or basement to your favorite team, hanging posters and signed jerseys and displaying various forms of memorabilia. It's awesome.

I proudly encourage everyone else to disregard h8ers and start hoarding for your fan caves. Collect all you can. Giveaway towels, bobbleheads, swag, anything from your team. Then use it to decorate your room and make it look pretty. Don't listen to what everyone else says. All that stuff is awesome for decorating.

eHthtOB.jpg

Engaged in a violent debate with other people about fan caves / man caves. Yes, the terminology is stupid. THIS IS MY MAN CAVE. But the whole CONCEPT is not. You can call it a sports room and I'd have no issue with it.

What I do have issue with is people saying you shouldn't do that. I do whatever I want. And I enjoy collecting memorabilia. And no one should tell me YOU CAN'T COLLECT ALL THOSE BOBBLEHEADS YOU SHOULD SELL THEM ON EBAY. Yes, all the **** I get from games is worth a lot on Ebay, but I am not selling ****. All this is just "fan cave" decoration. It's awesome.

If you ask me there's nothing wrong with dedicating your room or basement to your favorite team, hanging posters and signed jerseys and displaying various forms of memorabilia. It's awesome.

I proudly encourage everyone else to disregard h8ers and start hoarding for your fan caves. Collect all you can. Giveaway towels, bobbleheads, swag, anything from your team. Then use it to decorate your room and make it look pretty. Don't listen to what everyone else says. All that stuff is awesome for decorating.

I've always wanted to make my man cave a Redskins theme, might do it one day.  It wouldn't be anything elaborate, maybe a few jerseys of some of the greats, framed and hanging on the walls.  Fat head logo, few pieces of various memorabilia.  

But I've never had a problem with fan cave/man cave/etc.  People should do what they want to with their stuff.  

Archived