Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

One thing I like about soccer.  No commercials.

That is my absolute biggest gripe about football and why I will probably give it up one day.  It is one long advertisement.  One play, commercial.  One play, commercial.  Touchdown, commercial.  Extra Point, commercial.  **** that ****.

Football has the least amount of action for the amount of time played.

I believe I heard that some statistics were done and they found in a typical 60 minute game is a 3 hour broadcast with about 11 minutes of the game actually being played.

One thing I like about soccer.  No commercials.

That is my absolute biggest gripe about football and why I will probably give it up one day.  It is one long advertisement.  One play, commercial.  One play, commercial.  Touchdown, commercial.  Extra Point, commercial.  **** that ****.

I used to just record the game, wait 15 mins and start watching it so I could fast forward through the commercials.  Doesn't really bother me that much though.

One thing I like about soccer. No commercials.

That is my absolute biggest gripe about football and why I will probably give it up one day. It is one long advertisement. One play, commercial. One play, commercial. Touchdown, commercial. Extra Point, commercial. **** that ****.

I think the ball is in play like an avg. Of 12 minutes a game.

The sticking point for most people with any sport is level of understanding. Very few people that never played soccer watch it.

I started enjoying hockey in college because my college roommate was from buffalo and explained it to me. People that don't like football usually have no clue what's going on.

One thing I hate about soccer...No commercials.

Certainly can't watch an entire game without pissing yourself if you have a few beverages.

Why not go cold turkey ?

Except that with such little action u can step away.

And who can't pause live tv anyway?

The sticking point for most people with any sport is level of understanding. Very few people that never played soccer watch it.

I played it for years as a kid.  Understand the game, though I will admit there are rules at the professional level that were new to me the few games I watched during the World Cup.  

I just find it boring to watch on TV and rarely do.  I like playing golf, understand all the rules, but don't really like watching it on TV all day.  To each their own, not a hater by any means.

"We got the DVR so we could record the programs we want to watch... with the commercials! Your generation needs to calm down! Look, these ad men are doing all they can to figure out the things we like and put them on TV. They know what we want to buy. They're going shopping for us! Fast forward through the commercial. Fast forward to your bedtime!" -  Cleveland Brown

One thing I hate about soccer...No commercials.

Certainly can't watch an entire game without pissing yourself if you have a few beverages.

Why not go cold turkey ?

This is true.

But damn.  How many bathroom breaks do you need with football.  **** is excessive.

I played it for years as a kid. Understand the game, though I will admit there are rules at the professional level that were new to me the few games I watched during the World Cup.

I just find it boring to watch on TV and rarely do. I like playing golf, understand all the rules, but don't really like watching it on TV all day. To each their own, not a hater by any means.

I was generally speaking. I played as a kid and know the game. I don't watch much soccer but that's mainly because i watch very little tv.

World cup though? I'm glued.

Except that with such little action u can step away.

And who can't pause live tv anyway?

Someone that is out to watch a match.

Someone that wants to be caught up at the end of the game.

I do pause games to give myself some leeway...but I have to be caught up at the end or ignore all media until I am able to watch it.

Someone that is out to watch a match.

Someone that wants to be caught up at the end of the game.

I do pause games to give myself some leeway...but I have to be caught up at the end or ignore all media until I am able to watch it.

Yeah, nothing like hearing your phone vibrate, looking down and because your text messages pop up on the screen automatically, you accidentally read something like, "Tha ****!?!!  Why did RGIII throw an INT?!?!  Game over!!"

And you look at the DVR and are 10 mins behind lol.

soccer will be king soon when all the players come to america.  

I honestly hope this never happens.

Not that I don't appreciate soccer.  It's still my #5 sport I'd suppose.  I just think it's better that some sports are dominated by other countries.  I like being the underdog in soccer.

I think the ball is in play like an avg. Of 12 minutes a game.

I started enjoying hockey in college because my college roommate was from buffalo and explained it to me. People that don't like football usually have no clue what's going on.

To be fair, people who like football usually have no clue what's going on.

B)

This is true.

But damn.  How many bathroom breaks do you need with football.  **** is excessive.

I agree. Far too many commercials, the only way to quell that is uniform ads and more stadium ads. I don't really see that happening...yet.

I watch every NFL game in 30 minutes or less every week. There is no reason for the game to last as long as it does...same goes for baseball.

I agree. Far too many commercials, the only way to quell that is uniform ads and more stadium ads. I don't really see that happening...yet.

I watch every NFL game in 30 minutes or less every week. There is no reason for the game to last as long as it does...same goes for baseball.

They'll have uniform ads and more stadium ads soon enough... In addition to the absurd amount of commercial time.

I like football.  It's exciting, it's manly, it's fun.  It just seems like it's a lot more commercialized than it was when I was a kid.  Seems like every Sunday is Super Bowl Sunday as far as commercials are concerned.

I'm just getting old and codgery like my friend KH.  And zoony, he's an old codger himself.  I'm glad to join your gang.

Yeah, nothing like hearing your phone vibrate, looking down and because your text messages pop up on the screen automatically, you accidentally read something like, "Tha ****!?!!  Why did RGIII throw an INT?!?!  Game over!!"

And you look at the DVR and are 10 mins behind lol.

I had to turn off the preview of a text on my phone for that reason.

It would drive me crazy.

One of those moments that makes you intrigued to see it, but angry because you already knew the outcome.  

I block certain people from my phone during games unless I am hanging out with them these days.

Makes life easy.

They'll have uniform ads and more stadium ads soon enough... In addition to the absurd amount of commercial time.

I like football.  It's exciting, it's manly, it's fun.  It just seems like it's a lot more commercialized than it was when I was a kid.  Seems like every Sunday is Super Bowl Sunday as far as commercials are concerned.

I'm just getting old and codgery like my friend KH.  And zoony, he's an old codger himself.  I'm glad to join your gang.

Everything is more commercialized, unfortunately. As big of an event that the Olympics is...they go over the top, Geico type of frequency with the commercials.  

Speak for yourself about getting old. I'm still a young man. I reminisce about my youth...but I am not a codger.

Archived