Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I admit that I'm uneasy about taking a player and switching his position. Did he play guard exclusively in college or does he have experience with RT?

Started at guard, them moved to LT.  Won the award for best college football lineman.

For years, everyone on ths board has complained about the Skins not addressing the OLine in the draft. Now, they take a beast who likes to demolish opponents for the OLine and people **** about them not taking  Leonard Williams, someone that the Skins had shoulder concerns about and actually have some depth at the position at.

Make up your damn mind people.

I would love to see the Skins back that Scherff pick up with someone like Jake Fisher or Donovan Smith...but I think its more likely we end up taking a Landon Collins/Eric Rowe or opt for a rusher like Preston Smith at #38.

The one thing that is evident so far under McC is that he finally tackling the trenches on both sides of the ball via FA and the draft.

They are still arguing BPA too and telling me and others that we are wrong.  I give up in there.  And I said it before, I'll say it again.  The ones complaining about the pick are the same ones that would cry/moan had we taken Williams and our QBs were still getting slaughtered under center.

Nobody on this board really has any clue who's better between Scherff and Williams. Williams being the consensus top non-QB for a bunch of ESPN draft "gurus" means absolutely nothing and I'm glad it means nothing to McCloughan. Draft opinions seem to be based on little more than "how close was this guy picked relative to some list I read online?"

We have a professional in charge for the first time in forever. I can't wait to see what happens and to feel like I'm watching a team with an actual plan and process. 

I know he isn't exactly what we need..but I kind of want this kid now on the Skins.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/05/how-landon-collins-made-a-heartbreaking-exit-from-the-first-round-of-the-nfl-draft

But before Thursday night could come, Collins had to go through all the necessary events. Tuesday he and seven other players, such as Trae Waynes, Kevin White and DeVante Parker went to the Adidas store — via a disco party bus with laser lights — to sign autographs and go on a $1,500 shopping spree. Collins bought $250 worth of clothes for himself and used the rest on his family. He took each member around the store and helped them pick out something they wanted.

I know he isn't exactly what we need..but I kind of want this kid now on the Skins.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/05/how-landon-collins-made-a-heartbreaking-exit-from-the-first-round-of-the-nfl-draft

If we didn't go after Goldson and Johnson, id be ecstatic , but we already have those guys, plus Ihenacho, and Davis as the project S. If he's the highest rated guy on their board, then so be it, but I feel good about our current group. That could always change come summer/fall, but thats why im sitting at an office computer and not in a war room, looking at tape.

i never understand why the team with the first pick yesterday, today or tomorrow gets 10 mins to make their pick. They literally had all night to think what to do. 

It's in case someone is trying to work a trade with them. They know who they are picking typically. My thing is if they are not even going to consider a trade why use the full ten minutes. It's obnoxious.

Out at the ballpark watching the Kannapolis Intimidators play the Rome Braves. Tazette's first baseball game.

We have seats to the right of home plate, few rows back from the field and she's already heckling the Braves, asking batters if they even know what 9+2 is and telling them to go home lol

So how yall feel about Preston Smith?

I like it. With Rak gone we needed another pass rusher. Seems pretty versatile, which means there may be some packages where he, Murph, and Kerrigan are all on the field at the same time. Long, big, can get after the QB, and can stop the run. We needed that. Good pick. Trenches trenches trenches.

Looks like we also picked up some more mid round picks, where we may find a sleeper, or at the very least, pick up some special teams impact guys. Both SF and SEA made a nane for themselves with dynamic special teamers. Look for the same here, later on.

Still holding out hope for La'El Collins at 95

Archived