Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Damn man, Redskins draft a bigass beast of an offensive lineman, Caps won game 1 in NY, Wiz are in the second round, Nats have scored 34 in 3 games...

DC sports really is rising....

Knocking on wood, but I wanted to point out this high point before anything happens. Think all of our rosters are looking good. Redskins, not jumping to conclusions, but the more I think about how we're building up the lines, the more I'm loving the new GM.

Used to be you around draft time, you couldn't go anywhere without seeing a draft mag. Five or six different ones out every year. I always used to buy two or three and come up with my draft cheat sheet. IIRC Athlon and Sporting News were my go to's.

(Sporting News used to have their own fantasy thing you could sign up for in the back of their draft mags. You had a certain salary cap and they would list EVERY SINGLE PLAYER with a price. When I was like 8 to 12 years old, I would spend so much time trying to build up the super team while staying under the cap. Hours and hours on that. Unfortunately never played. After that, in my teen years, I used to tape every single minute of the draft and watch over and over again. Defintely remember the Laver/Samuels draft and the Westbrook draft before that. No idea why those two stick out the most)

Anyway, just went to Walmart right now. Get some dog food. Right next to their little mag/book aisle. Decided to see what draft mags out there. Not. A. Single. One.

In my mind, the draft used to be like a bonus holiday and now it's just been ****ed (various aspects of it) is just one more thing that Goodell has ****ed up. How/Why does he still have a job? Serious question.

I think the internet has just taken the place of a lot of the magazine. Not just sports onces speficially. The Sporting News was the best sports mag you could buy. Every sport was in every issue. And a breakdown of every team was in there also. I miss it.

I think the internet has just taken the place of a lot of the magazine. Not just sports onces speficially. The Sporting News was the best sports mag you could buy. Every sport was in every issue. And a breakdown of every team was in there also. I miss it.

Me too. I canceled my subscription cuz it kept getting stolen out of my mailbox ...everyone loves it :(

Anyone going to get tired of all the gold logos and stuff in the NFL this season?

I get that it's the 50th Super Bowl, but it's not like it's the 50th anniversary of the NFL. Just make stuff dealing with the Super Bowl gold.

Every team will have a gold 50-yd line marker, all NFL logos throughout the year will be gold, etc. Just seems like the NFL to totally overdo something so small.

Anyone going to get tired of all the gold logos and stuff in the NFL this season?

I get that it's the 50th Super Bowl, but it's not like it's the 50th anniversary of the NFL. Just make stuff dealing with the Super Bowl gold.

Every team will have a gold 50-yd line marker, all NFL logos throughout the year will be gold, etc. Just seems like the NFL to totally overdo something so small.

seriously?  is it gold or metallic?  

So GMSM makes his pick, but now its time to have the coaches actually maximize his talent.  That's what people don't understand. You can have the best GM but if you don't have good coaches, it doesn't matter who is drafted.  Does this GM trust Gruden and the rest of the coaching staff?  Before we had neither, but now it seems like we have a good GM, lets see how this works out.

seriously?  is it gold or metallic?  

So GMSM makes his pick, but now its time to have the coaches actually maximize his talent.  That's what people don't understand. You can have the best GM but if you don't have good coaches, it doesn't matter who is drafted.  Does this GM trust Gruden and the rest of the coaching staff?  Before we had neither, but now it seems like we have a good GM, lets see how this works out.

Gold. It's going to be EVERYWHERE this season. After seeing it all over the draft last night, I'm already over it.

"Young Ruger, I'm still known as the shooter/

we both got Macs.....but his a computer.

I got the hood in a stuper, took your girl to Aruba/

she came back with a tan, I sent her home to her man."

It's Friday, bammas!  Shake that booty!!

giphy.gif

I admit that I'm uneasy about taking a player and switching his position. Did he play guard exclusively in college or does he have experience with RT?

He was a LT in college. Some experts think he can be a better G in the NFL. I have faith in Callahan to get him coached up to play wherever the team needs him.

I admit that I'm uneasy about taking a player and switching his position. Did he play guard exclusively in college or does he have experience with RT?

said he was comfortable playing either. 

has the team talked about whether he'll play RT or LG??

Chew, I hate the message of the song "Time of our lives" with Ne-Yo and Pitbull...but the video had me looking up starter jackets.

That Hurricane joint was clean.  He had on a Glen Rice joint too at one point lol. 

I can't imagine ever living back on the East Coast. I've been in Northern California since 1999...and really don't ever want to live anywhere else (other than moving further west, if I could afford it).

Good food. Good climate (other than the lack of rain the last few years). Good people. Good culture. 10AM football on Sunday...what's not to like?

that last bit.. huge!

it was a jolt to the system when i first moved out there, but damn... it is MUCH better!

it was a jolt to the system when i first moved out there, but damn... it is MUCH better!

took me a few weeks to get used to having beer with pancakes. 

The big winner for me was MNF.  5:30 start time...yes please.  

I'm over the NFL period. Like seriously, pre-draft if you put a gun to my head and asked me to name three players in it and their position...

Winston, QB

Mariotta, QB

POW!, brain matter on the back wall

For years, everyone on ths board has complained about the Skins not addressing the OLine in the draft. Now, they take a beast who likes to demolish opponents for the OLine and people **** about them not taking  Leonard Williams, someone that the Skins had shoulder concerns about and actually have some depth at the position at.

Make up your damn mind people.

I would love to see the Skins back that Scherff pick up with someone like Jake Fisher or Donovan Smith...but I think its more likely we end up taking a Landon Collins/Eric Rowe or opt for a rusher like Preston Smith at #38.

The one thing that is evident so far under McC is that he finally tackling the trenches on both sides of the ball via FA and the draft.

Archived