Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I am one of the few people I know who still thinks SNL is worth DVRing. But I thought last night was mediocre by Timberlake standards. He usually has 2-3 really good sketches. There are usually a few that make you laugh out loud. I didn't find myself laughing all that much last night. I thought the episode with Bruno Mars was better. They had so many legends and talented people there last night and didn't use them all that well IMO.

I am one of the few people I know who still thinks SNL is worth DVRing. But I thought last night was mediocre by Timberlake standards. He usually has 2-3 really good sketches. There are usually a few that make you laugh out loud. I didn't find myself laughing all that much last night. I thought the episode with Bruno Mars was better. They had so many legends and talented people there last night and didn't use them all that well IMO.
It wasn't his best job on SNL ever, no. I doubt anyone thinks that. However, it was still good. The tofu thing was fairly funny. I even liked the opening one, where he was playing John. And the skit where he was with all the former SNL hosts wasn't great by any stretch. But it was cool how all those guys were together at once.

I took a bush skill cooking class yesterday. We started with zero utensils or pots or pans. By the end of the day, I had bamboo cups and chop sticks, even made a pressure cooker out of it to cook over a fire I started with just friction. I made soup in a pumpkin using hot rocks in it to cook it. We had chicken, mongoose, rabbit and chicken, that was all caught, killed and cleaned. I made egg souffle in an island grapefruit of sorts. It was a cool day. One of the best I've had.

I was told on the radio today that the Bloomberg soda ban kicks in later this week. I've never heard anything so ridiculous in my life. I can tell you right now it won't do anything. It's a dumb attempt to try to get us all to be healthier, but we'll just subvert it.

The real way to get healthy is not by having someone demand or coerce you to get healthy, but rather do it of your own free will. If you want to get fat off sodas, fine. If you want to change your life, that's fine too. Do what you want. But don't let anyone tell you you can't eat this, or you can't eat that.

Because I read today that sushi is suddenly "bad" for you. Because the media machine spins certain foods to be good and bad. Did you know that alcohol has no benefits at all for women and causes breast cancer, even in moderation? The media told you that.

It angers me greatly when we simplify and ****ize foods into "This good, this bad." because nutrition is not that simple. I'm not going to die if I have one big mac. I die if I have 1000000000000000000000000 Big Macs. And even that's not a certainty, as you saw by "The French Paradox" and the guy on Super Size Me who ate a Big Mac every day for decades and he's still kicking.

In the end it is all about restraint and education. To sum up, there's a damn Taco Bell / KFC outside, and I'm looking straight at it. I'm tempted to get a Chunky Pot Pie right now. But that thing has a ton of sodium. So I stay away. And we don't have restraint

I was told on the radio today that the Bloomberg soda ban kicks in later this week. I've never heard anything so ridiculous in my life. I can tell you right now it won't do anything. It's a dumb attempt to try to get us all to be healthier, but we'll just subvert it.

breaking news:

State judge invalidates New York City's ban on sugary drinks in containers larger than 16 ounces in certain venues.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/11/us/new-york-large-soda-ban/index.html

Saturday Night Live had the coolest skit they've had in years last night. They had Justin Timberlake go to a club for "5 timers" (folks who have hosted SNL 5 times). It had Dan Akroyd, Tom Hanks, Alec Baldwin, Martin Short, Chevy Chase, Steve Martin, Candice Bergen, and Paul Simon. So much greatness together in one shot, it was awesome.

I'm so glad SNL is funny again these days.

In case you (or anyone else) didn't know, it wasn't just a skit, the Five Timers club is an actual thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five-Timers_Club

Now whether they really have robes and all that, I couldn't tell you, but I believe they do that sketch, or an off-shoot, anytime someone reaches #5.

This is just a personal opinion, but I wouldn't include anyone who has been a musical guest five times. Playing a song or two doesn't deserve membership in my opinion. Actually hosting and being involved should be what counts. Kick Paul Simon out on his midget ass until he hosts one more time.

I think I need to stop playing basketball. Last year I broke my ankle, Sunday I sprained the ever loving christ out of my ring finger. So swollen and bruised, went to urgent care yesterday just to xray and make sure it wasn't broken. Now have a huge splint, might even get out of work today cuz I can't write *crosses fingers*. Just faxed the doctor's note to my HR lady.

Archived