Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

My humor borders on crossing the line a lot..but this leaves me with a giant WTF were they thinking???

http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/critics-demand-donation-from-amazon-for-selling-t-shirts-that-promote-abuse-171433415.html

c14a6822-2a31-4987-a71b-e87366f7cb87_t-shirt_1683499a.jpg

Retail giant Amazon was asked to make a "substantial donation" to a woman's refuge on Saturday night after its UK website offered T-shirts for sale promoting rape and violence against women. The T-shirts, which were also manufactured and sold in the U.S., included slogans were spun off the phrase, "Keep Calm and Carry On", a famous British propaganda slogan and included shirts that read: "Keep Calm and Hit Her", "Keep Calm and Rape a Lot" and "Keep Calm and Rape Them" for $23–$26.

By mid-morning Saturday, Amazon had received hundreds of angry complaints and removed the pages, but Harriet Harman, the shadow Culture Secretary who called on Amazon to make the donation, told The Independent that the decision to sell the merchandise was "absolutely outrageous" and that "Domestic violence and sex offenses are not something people should make money out of. [Amazon's] supposed to be a public company. My suggestion is they give all profits they made from it to a women's refuge." She also added that Amazon could make a "substantial donation" to End Violence Against Women and Women's Aid.

Just came across this article : Techland Top 100 Video Games Of All Time

Can't really argue a whole lot with the selections. Pretty much all of the heavy hitters are there for the most part. Looks like instead of focusing on the best installment of any franchise, they either just pick out the one that started it all, or the one that re-invented it ( which would explain the first Zelda, and GTA III, but no Ocarina Of Time, no Metal Gear : Sons Of Liberty, And no Vice City. I'm a little miffed that they left off Tekken though. Sons Of Liberty was one of the first games that (along with the graphics update) started to play like actual movies.

I do think they kind of jacked up the '00s though. No Fallout 3, no Uncharted: Drakes Fortune, No Heavy Rain (which was an ingenious and unique style of gameplay/presentation that would make it without a doubt, one of the best games I've ever played). I'm not sure which games you'd replace them with though.

I'll never forget what it was like playing GTA III for the first time. Besides the thrill that I got just from knowing that I had no business playing it at 13, just the feeling that you got from driving/running/flying around in an actual city, with radio stations, and everything else, was borderline surreal, even moreso when R* came back less than a year later with another haymaker in Vice City (when I saw that first commercial of Vercetti riding the motorcycle, and running from the cops in an Armani to the tune of And I Ran, I knew it was on. Changed gaming forever. I don't care what anybody says... whatever open world games come out from now until the end of eternity, no soundtrack will touch Vice City.

sttng here watching "draft journey 2012." cant help but tear up. i LOVE robert so much man....started crying watching last year's draft lol

i love rg3 more than anything on planet earth.

I don't feel so weird now...does your wife laugh at you like my husband laughs at me?:silly:

A 2008 Lexus IS250. But it just has regular Bridgestone tires. Apparently the side tread is all worn down and it won't handle as well on turns. I didn't get them but will bite the bullet in a month or two and get the new tires. Seems like a hell of a lot.

I workout to that song "Tomorrow" by Salif Keita. Solid movie that doesn't get talked about that much, for some reason.

That movie is littered with some classic R&B/Soul stuff. But they aren't just in there, they're beautifully timed within the movie too.

I workout to that song "Tomorrow" by Salif Keita. Solid movie that doesn't get talked about that much, for some reason.

Love that song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xq57guunjjo

I also have a playlist on my iTunes that's about 90 or 100 songs from different soundtracks and composers. It's good music to just have in the background if I'm working on something and want some low noise that doesn't distract me.

Also, I hope everyone's ready, because the kings are coming back:

A 2008 Lexus IS250. But it just has regular Bridgestone tires. Apparently the side tread is all worn down and it won't handle as well on turns. I didn't get them but will bite the bullet in a month or two and get the new tires. Seems like a hell of a lot.

i have a 2009 but where did you get your tires from?

Who is selling these to you at that price? That's insane. You can get 4 at TireRack for less then that. I don't have your exact tire size but the 2008 IS250 came up with this:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?filtering=true&frontWidth=225/&frontRatio=45&frontDiameter=17&rearWidth=245/&rearRatio=45&rearDiameter=17&autoMake=Lexus&autoYear=2008&autoModel=IS250&autoModClar=RWD&frontSortCode=49650&rearSortCode=50050&tireIndex=0&wtpackage=false

You might also want to try Costco. They have good deals on Michelin & Bridgestone tires

i have a 2009 but where did you get your tires from?

Came with the car when I bought it from the dealership. They are the same ones trying to rip me off.

Who is selling these to you at that price? That's insane. You can get 4 at TireRack for less then that. I don't have your exact tire size but the 2008 IS250 came up with this:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?filtering=true&frontWidth=225/&frontRatio=45&frontDiameter=17&rearWidth=245/&rearRatio=45&rearDiameter=17&autoMake=Lexus&autoYear=2008&autoModel=IS250&autoModClar=RWD&frontSortCode=49650&rearSortCode=50050&tireIndex=0&wtpackage=false

You might also want to try Costco. They have good deals on Michelin & Bridgestone tires

Thanks so much! I might try Pep Boys too.

Came with the car when I bought it from the dealership. They are the same ones trying to rip me off.

Thanks so much! I might try Pep Boys too.

No problem.

I've bought tires from Tire Rack and never had a problem. If you go to their site, you can enter in a zip code to find companies will install them for you. It will also include the cost.

For future reference: never, ever, ever buy tires at a car dealer. Ever.

Archived