Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Currently watching Something From Nothing: The Art Of Rap, with Ice-T as the director/narrator. It's pretty damn good so far.

Oh my. This is beautiful. Out of all of the mc's ( just about everyone, from Grandmaster Caz to Big Daddy Kane, Chuck D, Q-Tip, Nas, Redman, Rakim, Raekwon, Royce Da 5'9, Bun B) to throw down a verse so far, I think it's a dead heat between Eminem, Immortal Technique, and Mos Def. Looks like they're about to head out to LA.

watched that about a month ago. great doc. krs-one killed a freestyle

Just finished it. Once they went out to LA, it was over. Kanye killed it. Absolutely killed it. Bagged and tagged, caution tape, chalk outline, everything. That was one of the best rap/hip hop docs I've ever seen. I miss what it used to be. So much talent, all battling it out in the same era.. I'd have to say that the notable missing would have to be The Roots (Black Thought would've killed it), Pete Rock & CL Smooth, CNN, Kweli, and besides Bun B, virtually no one from the south. I'm going to have to watch that one again.

And yeah, KRS killed it. Everyone in the record store went "Ooooooohh!" :ols:

The awkward moment where you go a soccer game and all three of your best friends you go with say they are ditching to go do media work so you sit there 45 mins in the bitter cold before saying **** this **** and leaving. Pretty funny considering 2 out of the 3 didn't attend any kind of games until about a year and half ago when I got them to go. One didn't even know anything about teams before I told him. I was the one who planned our trips to games and everything(got us great seats and such). Time to find some new best friends it sounds.

I finally decided that i am going to spend money to buy some legit socks. I am used to buying cheap socks and they dont feel good? Should i go to UA or nike?

Everyday socks ? Or for a specific sport/activity ? The trick is to find a favorite and have family buy them for you for special occasions. I haven't bought socks in many years (besides dress socks).

I finally decided that i am going to spend money to buy some legit socks. I am used to buying cheap socks and they dont feel good? Should i go to UA or nike?

What you do on your feet has alot to do with it. I buy premium Nike socks, but because I'm on my feet all day, I wear 2 pair at a time, so I put the Nikes closest to my feet, and a cheaper pair over those. If I work lunch and dinner same day (very rare), I use a tip from my HS football coach...(he was teacher for summer school gym, we could take it over the summer to free up a period in junior year)...change socks, left to right, right to left) to give your feet different places to put impressions in your socks. (Some things you just never forget.) It's worked fantastically for me...hope it will for you too.

Everyday socks ? Or for a specific sport/activity ? The trick is to find a favorite and have family buy them for you for special occasions. I haven't bought socks in many years (besides dress socks).

everyday socks and regular gym socks. that's the thing we don't buy each other anything so i dont really have that on my wishlist for gifts

1) I don't know how anyone can hate on Chick Fil A fries. They're 2nd on my list, after a number one tie of Five Guys and Foster's Grille.

2) I really hope we have a crazy snowstorm this week.

3) I watched Argo last night and I thought it was great.

I miss Roy Rogers. I used to drive up the New Jersey Turnpike, stop over at a rest stop, and there'd be a good ol' Roy Rogers there. They're still there. :)

Last time I was in the D.C. Area, I noticed the one in the Manchester Lakes neighborhood in Alexandria was still open. Just as good as it was when I was a kid.

I heard someone blasting Ke$ha on their radio this morning. Not that I paid much attention to her before, but after I saw that picture of her on the beach awhile back, I'm honestly astonished that she's still singing. That's the kind of body that could ruin a career. Spongebob has more curves than her.

Archived