Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I'm going to do a little plug for one of my best friends band (he's the vocalist). If you like Periphery or bands with a similar style then I think you'll enjoy their music.

Their new EP is up for a listen and you can download it for free.

http://epitomeoftheweak.bandcamp.com/album/a-new-shore

They'll also be playing a show at Chapala's in Burtonsville Friday March 8th. Check them out! My favorite track is #4.

Just finished watching Session 9. I've seen bits and pieces of it on tv every now and then over the years, and always wondered what the hell it was about. I thought it was pretty damn good for a movie I wasn't real familiar with, going into it with zero expectations. I'm a sucker for psychological horrors/thrillers. That's the only brand of horror that can turn me on at this point, unless I come across something special.

"Do it, Gordon!"

Just finished watching Session 9. I've seen bits and pieces of it on tv every now and then over the years, and always wondered what the hell it was about. I thought it was pretty damn good for a movie I wasn't real familiar with, going into it with zero expectations. I'm a sucker for psychological horrors/thrillers. That's the only brand of horror that can turn me on at this point, unless I come across something special.

"Do it, Gordon!"

i enjoyed it as well. the place they filmed the movie was pretty freaky.

I'm at work. I'm bored and life has kicked me in the nuts more than once in the last couple of weeks. Just down about life. Not, I want to kill myself down, but just down in the dumps that it just seems like nothing has gone right for me lately. Last year at this time I had started a new job and got out of the hell job I was in, we bought our second house and I was feeling good about things again. One year later and I can't seem to shake out of my sadness.

With you too man. Not so much sad just NEED to find a better job. Been working here for almost 5 years its time for something different.

Random thought...Local sports radio here in denver did a 45 minute segment to breaking down the Broncos 2013 schedule, and they were going over all the games they were worried about. Both talk show hosts, as well as many of the fans calling in, were worried about the Redskins. :)

They did a pretty decent job on breaking down the Skins. They slobbered over RG3 and his ability to make plays both with his feet and arm, and talked about his football smarts. They talked about Morris and how they wish they had a beast like him. They mentioned Garcon, Williams, Moss, Hank, Aldrick, Fred Davis coming back. Also talked about how our early season injuries killed us and yet the D turned it around late in the season. They actually predicted that the Broncos will beat every NFC East team except for the Redskins.

Just felt good to hear everybody so worried about the Washington game. Bronco Country is legit scared of RG3. When's the last time other teams actually feared us? :)

Random thought...Local sports radio here in denver did a 45 minute segment to breaking down the Broncos 2013 schedule, and they were going over all the games they were worried about. Both talk show hosts, as well as many of the fans calling in, were worried about the Redskins. :)

They did a pretty decent job on breaking down the Skins. They slobbered over RG3 and his ability to make plays both with his feet and arm, and talked about his football smarts. They talked about Morris and how they wish they had a beast like him. They mentioned Garcon, Williams, Moss, Hank, Aldrick, Fred Davis coming back. Also talked about how our early season injuries killed us and yet the D turned it around late in the season. They actually predicted that the Broncos will beat every NFC East team except for the Redskins.

Just felt good to hear everybody so worried about the Washington game. Bronco Country is legit scared of RG3. When's the last time other teams actually feared us? :)

35n4cq.jpg

---------- Post added February-28th-2013 at 11:05 AM ----------

I usually try to keep an open mind when it comes to uniforms, but these things are UGADY!!!!!!!! Not ugly... UGADY!!!

625513_10151262594056536_1659244568_n.jpg

They will be wearing these in March. What the heck was Adidas thinking?

I've owned a jeep in one form or another since 1993. I had to give up my '97 wrangler in 2008 because of my daughter being born. I too want a new one. But I'm waiting until I have no more child-care costs...which right now eat up $1k out of my budget every month.

If you can wait it out, the 2014 model is likely to get 25% better fuel economy than the current generation.

Having my daughter last year is what is making me want to buy a Wrangler for safety purposes. I will definitely go with the 4 door so it will be more a family vehicle.

I didn't know about the 2014 model fuel efficiency. Do you know when that is coming out?

I did the math already on how much its going to cost me weekly. Looks like the unlimited models have a 22.5 gallon tank, which is around 427 high way miles. I do about 300 miles weekly, so I'm hoping it won't be too bad.

I usually try to keep an open mind when it comes to uniforms, but these things are UGADY!!!!!!!! Not ugly... UGADY!!!

They will be wearing these in March. What the heck was Adidas thinking?

Awful.

The pattern on the shorts is a flashback to the early 90s.

Man its amazing how many people have been really off lately. The posts say it all. I guess I wasn't the only one thinking things were terrible lately. Maybe it was a epidemic. All it takes a couple of good things though to change things.

I can't speak for everyone, but I know that this crappy, dreary, depressing weather has destroyed me in February. It was some days I just felt miserable for no reason.

With you too man. Not so much sad just NEED to find a better job. Been working here for almost 5 years its time for something different.

I did find a better job and I like my job, but like any job, there are certain things that you just can't deal with or don't want to deal with. I'll say that the job I was in on a scale from 1 to 10, was about a 3 and this job is at least a 7. It's the combination of external factors outside of work that is effecting me, so when I go to work, any little thing that happens there just seems to bother me.

---------- Post added February-28th-2013 at 11:46 AM ----------

What the heck was Adidas thinking?

That they are Nike?

i enjoyed it as well. the place they filmed the movie was pretty freaky.

Ya. Nothing gives you the willies like an "Abandoned" insane asylum. I think it actually was an insane asylum as well, because I've watched a lot of paranormal shows, and that place looks very familiar.

Anyways, I was browsing the IMDB forums on it, and I saw a lot of people talking about how refreshing it was, considering that it didn't have everything out there in front of you, but relied on sound/atmosphere, etc. Too many horror movies (for a long time now) rely on the typical one at a time kill offs, with the early shock scares, and people become so used to that to the point where when a solid movie like this comes along, they get bored/upset, due to the short attention span. I'll admit that I definitely have a short attention span when it comes to some movie genres, but when I watch certain movies, I am pleased when my brain gets a good workout, with a good payoff (admittedly, the payoff in Session 9 wasn't as good as it could've been, but it was very solid nonetheless.)

Oh, and those jerseys look like Fruit Rollups designed them.

The guy in the Florida sweatshirt knows his American Football. He knew most of the questions. The others had no clue. Pretty funny stuff and shows how one culture differs from another.

---------- Post added February-28th-2013 at 02:00 PM ----------

I can't speak for everyone, but I know that this crappy, dreary, depressing weather has destroyed me in February. It was some days I just felt miserable for no reason.

Yeah, I wish I could blame it on the weather, but that's not the case for me.

Archived