Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Nope. Things can always get a lot worse than you can imagine/prepare for. :)

If it's out of your control, I wouldn't sweat it. Just do what you can to make sure that it doesn't make the rest of your day/week miserable, and don't let dumb ass people or circumstances affect you. It's something that I ultimately had no choice but to learn how to do a better job of managing, about 3 years ago.

One of the most important lessons that people can learn, is to stay positive in tough situations, and let the petty/meaningless stressful stuff roll off your shoulders. And when you learn to do a better job of it, you start to realize just how many people have no clue how to do it, and make it their mission to make everyone else's life around them a living hell. Can't tell you how many times I've wanted to just go through life, problem free, not a care in the world, but it isn't reality. Problems come and go. You fix one thing, and something else pops up, on and on. The only thing you can do is handle them in a more healthy way, and learn from your mistakes, and don't beat yourself up when you do make one, because the rest of the world will have no problem doing that for you.

Well after getting out of work I got a fun appointment. Considering its only a follow up I assume things should be good. If they give me some kind of bad news though I'm just gonna assume the universe is getting me back for something because it seems like things have been spiraling downward the last month and especially the last few weeks :ols:. Considering I'm usually quite optimistic about things (which isn't always good because like you said sometimes things won't realistically happen or go the way you want). Maybe I just got one of those "It ain't your time of year" things going on or something.

I got charged by one once, it was terrifying. I was back there the other day and three of them, shoulder to shoulder, came around the corner and just started walking at us. Google them suckers, they are so freaking big.

I tried Googling "suckers" and "freaking big" but I didn't find anything about cows. Lots of stuff about roosters though.

I really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really want to get a new car. My Caddy is paid off, got about 185K miles on it, and has some minor issues.

But with so much uncertainty with the sequestration and possible furloughs ahead, I guess it would be wise to wait for a couple of months to see where this thing is heading.

I was this close ->II to buying a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited yesterday :mad:

That's what you get for trying to be cute! bwahahahahahhahaha

So we've had about 18 inches of snow here in the last week, and the snow melts during the day and freezes at night, turning our work parking lot into an ice rink.

me and several other people are doing baby steps across the ice from the parking lot towards the buildling, but there's this one guy that's walking normally, even had a bit of a swagger to his stride. sure enough, he almost made it to the sidewalk, and weeeeeeeee! legs flew out from under him, and he landed right on his ass. He dropped his taco bell bag and his cup of soda splashed everywhere and started rolling down the hill. After we made sure he was okay and he got in the elevator in the lobby, myself and a little old lady proceeded to laugh ourselves to tears.

Happens to the best of us. I have pretty good balance, so I know how to keep from completely busting my ass, though I might slip a little. The only time I ever busted my ass on ice was when I was alone in a 7-11 parking lot.

I don't think I'd ever recover from busting my ass in front of co-workers, or (even worse) busting my ass with numerous items in my hands. Everytime I see that happen to someone, I immediately try to re-imagine it with slo-mo, voice and all :ols:

Amazing how much better fast food chains are around the world than in US

Watching Travel Channel HD right now and they are talking about Fast Food in Europe

Looks great

Fast food is getting annoying. Not only is it not that cheap anymore, but it takes a long ass time to get it.

Every "value" meal comes out to like $8 after tax, and the last time I went to BK it took 12 minutes to get my food. (Yes, I looked at the time stamp on the receipt)

What happened to paying $2.49 for a meal that's ready in 30 seconds because it was made 2 hours earlier? I want that kind of fast food back.

Fast food is getting annoying. Not only is it not that cheap anymore, but it takes a long ass time to get it.

Every "value" meal comes out to like $8 after tax, and the last time I went to BK it took 12 minutes to get my food. (Yes, I looked at the time stamp on the receipt)

What happened to paying $2.49 for a meal that's ready in 30 seconds because it was made 2 hours earlier? I want that kind of fast food back.

Blame market research. These Corporations did studies that showed Americans wanted tastier food and would be willing to wait longer for it.

Which, in a bubble, is true. But if we wanted a good burger, we wouldn't be going to Burger king. We go there when we want a greaseball that's "flame broiled" in the microwave and under that heat lamp......

Blame market research. These Corporations did studies that showed Americans wanted tastier food and would be willing to wait longer for it.

Which, in a bubble, is true. But if we wanted a good burger, we wouldn't be going to Burger king. We go there when we want a greaseball that's "flame broiled" in the microwave and under that heat lamp......

Exactly.

I want a grey, spongy burger and soggy, over-salted fries that have been under the warmer all day...and I want it now!!!

Dude...ugh. :puke:

I used to love LOVE BK. I've been on a workout kick since Jan. 2nd and have avoided fast food since. My cheat meal for the month of Jan. was a Large Double Whopper meal. Let's just say BK is on an indefinite leave of absence. For this month, my cheat meal will be a variety of items from Taco Bell. I'm actually really excited about that.

This illness won't damn go away

---------- Post added February-26th-2013 at 10:00 PM ----------

I understand that people get sick when you go outside in freaking Alaska or somewhere like the Desert

I'm fine with that, the body can't take that

But this is damn Washington DC not Antarctica. How in the world does it feel like -10 degrees here, when the thermometer clearly says 39? How is this possible for it to be this cold when I'm wearing 8 ****ing layers of clothing?

I really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really want to get a new car. My Caddy is paid off, got about 185K miles on it, and has some minor issues.

But with so much uncertainty with the sequestration and possible furloughs ahead, I guess it would be wise to wait for a couple of months to see where this thing is heading.

I was this close ->II to buying a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited yesterday :mad:

I want one, too.

Anyone seen the new Chevy SS's? Bad ass.

I want one, too.

Anyone seen the new Chevy SS's? Bad ass.

The 4 door hardtop Wrangler is sick. I want one so I can take the top off during the summer time.

My boy has a red rock Sahara for sale, fully loaded. I don't know how much longer I can hold out.

The new Chevy SS is the same model design as the Nascar model. I guess part of the new Gen-6 cars in Nascar is to resemble the actual cars the manufacturers are putting out for consumers to purchase. Which is why it looks bad ass.

While I hope to move out of North Carolina and return to Washington, I will miss one thing if that happens

http://beaufortcountynow.com/uploads/article_images/brandia/Cook_Out_01142010_1_630_pxlw.jpg

We loved when they choose Richmond to be the first expansion place. Love that place.

--------------

Sidenote: No one better make fun of the Taco Bell Big Box meal. It's awesome.

I hate being hung up on a girl. Seems like there always has to be one for me. I gotta get over that. I've been courting a really cool girl and I met another one last night. Both my age too, which is odd for me, but I'm still just hung up on my freaking ex. We've been talking and trying to just be friends, but it's not really working.

While I hope to move out of North Carolina and return to Washington, I will miss one thing if that happens

]

Cookout is EASILY the greatest fast-food joint of all time. I fell in love with that place when living in Greensboro, NC.

i've had the famous "in and out" burger while living on the west coast, wasn't that impressed.

Archived