Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Damn. Just got laid off

So sorry, dude...hang in there, and get ready to interview again. Keep lookin' forward. Hope you find something super-soon!

Just scored Resorvoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction on Blu Ray for $15 total at target. It's the small victories in life.

No doubt! Two of my faves, and Target is right down the road, thanks! Hope your mom's doing well, still sending prayers her way.

So sorry, dude...hang in there, and get ready to interview again. Keep lookin' forward. Hope you find something super-soon!

No doubt! Two of my faves, and Target is right down the road, thanks! Hope your mom's doing well, still sending prayers her way.

Thanks, very much appreciated. She's doing well, just waiting for the treatment plans to be finalized.

Oh shoot, I'm sorry. Keep your head up and start applying for everything.

Thank you. Just sucks because I wasn't expecting it. Our other offices around the country had already gotten some cuts and we thought ours were coming next week. That said, I thought I was safe. So I'm a little shell shocked

Thanks. Probably the worst time for this to happen. The DMV has probably been impacted by the recession less than all other metropolitan areas. But if these sequestration cuts go through next week, we're gonna be feeling it big time.

Don't let it discourage you man. I remember your whole anxiety about going for the job, then your excitement about getting it. Seems it's come full circle.

You'll be fine. Keep your head up, your nose clean, and your eye on the prize.

Thanks buddy. Got a little severance package so I'll eat, but I got health issues going on right now so I'm really worried about my health insurance. Get to keep it through the end of next month but after that I have to go through Cobra and it's like $800 a month. Lot of money.

Going forward, my felony is a major concern (and will be until the day I die unfortunately). Got real lucky to get this job. Don't think I can count on that luck to continue. Real worried about that. Always.

All that said, I hated the work I was doing. On one hand, I was proud at how far I've come, on the other, I felt empty. Not what I wanted to do with my life. I've come this far to do this? To feel like this? So maybe this is a blessing in disguise. I had been looking at applying at Mason and getting into classes where I could with my schedule. Now I can focus on it more. I want to be a teacher. Have been talking to an ex professor of mine (he knows my story). He also teaches high school. He says he'll be my mentor, help me all along the way. This might give me a chance to really take advantage of that.

Still feels like total **** though, lol.

Thanks buddy. Got a little severance package so I'll eat, but I got health issues going on right now so I'm really worried about my health insurance. Get to keep it through the end of next month but after that I have to go through Cobra and it's like $800 a month. Lot of money.

I hear you on COBRA. I am in between jobs right now and I got my COBRA package and for a single person medical insurance with no health problems I would have to pay $2,600 and that will cover me from Jan. 1, 2013 through April 30, 2013. I just laughed and filed it away. Fortunately I have no health issues right now, so I'm going to get a very basic private plan. I don't know what your health situation is, but I would recommend checking around to see if there are any plans you could purchase that would give you the coverage you're needing, because yeah, COBRA's a damn joke.

Do i pay a IPAD 2 or the new IPad with retina display? there is a $100 difference!

My parents told me 30 years ago..."if 1000 bucks is your problem, it's bigger than that...100 means you are spending where you shouldn't be".

It's still true.

GAC, hit me up if needed. Much love man.

I guess i should have rephrase it. i dont mind paying the extra $100 but is it worth going up to the latest and greatest model

Get what works for you.

I had my previous cell phone for 6+ years....if it didn't die...I would still have it, ( look right here on ES if you need confirmation).

As to your conflict...wait it out if it is not a need. Many people confuse wants with needs. Focus on your needs and your wants become easier to get.

Get what works for you.

I had my previous cell phone for 6+ years....if it didn't die...I would still have it, ( look right here on ES if you need confirmation).

As to your conflict...wait it out if it is not a need. Many people confuse wants with needs. Focus on your needs and your wants become easier to get.

its not a need really. i have everything i need. its a want lol.

As the seasons go by on The X-Files, Scully just gets sexier and sexier. Classy, strong, sophisticated sexy, not "All I can think about is sex with you" sexy. Damn. I would be like putty in the hands of a woman like that (the character at least). Just started Season 6, right after the movie that came out in '98.

Another cool twist to the show is how the technology used in it reflects just how advanced things became from the beginning of the 90's, towards the end, with the phones, internet, cars, video games, everything. It really was amazing.

So I've been playing with the Converse website's "build your own shoe" all morning, and I just came up with these babies. The colors are pretty limited, so I just worked with what they had.

I placed the order, they'll be here in about 4 weeks. :)

16119818_large.jpg

16119823_large.jpg

Archived