Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

^ nice :ols:

Was just checking out the QB stats so far on NFL.com, and Eli has already thrown for over 1,000 yards. Sheesh. Of course, he's averaging 40 passes a game LOL.

RG3 currently has the 4th best QB Rating in the NFL through 2 games at 111. And both of those games have been on the road against 2 dome teams as a rookie qb. Pretty damn impressive.

I'll give credit to the dude that said it in ATN ( I think it was s0crates), but I always laugh at the Cowboys and their inability to get out of their own way, and the Eagles are always worth a laugh or two, but the Giants absolutely piss me off. Tiki Barber retires. Dropoff? Nope, here comes Derrick Ward/Brandon Jacobs/Ahmad Bradshaw. Strahan gone? Hello Justin Tuck/Osi. Fred Robbins, Jay Alford, Cofield. They just keep reloading. And just for ****s and giggles, here comes JPP for the next 10 years. Shockey? Kevin Boss? Jake Ballard? Hello (suddenly not a bust) Martellus Bennet. Plax John McClane's himself in the thigh? Here comes Nix/Cruz/Manningham/Barden. And to top it all off, let's play so so during the regular season, only to turn around an win 2 SB's in 4 years. **** pisses me off. Lucky ****s. Die Die Die!

I'll give credit to the dude that said it in ATN ( I think it was s0crates), but I always laugh at the Cowboys and their inability to get out of their own way, and the Eagles are always worth a laugh or two, but the Giants absolutely piss me off. Tiki Barber retires. Dropoff? Nope, here comes Derrick Ward/Brandon Jacobs/Ahmad Bradshaw. Strahan gone? Hello Justin Tuck/Osi. Fred Robbins, Jay Alford, Cofield. They just keep reloading. And just for ****s and giggles, here comes JPP for the next 10 years. Shockey? Kevin Boss? Jake Ballard? Hello (suddenly not a bust) Martellus Bennet. Plax John McClane's himself in the thigh? Here comes Nix/Cruz/Manningham/Barden. And to top it all off, let's play so so during the regular season, only to turn around an win 2 SB's in 4 years. **** pisses me off. Lucky ****s. Die Die Die!

I hate the Giants as much as anyone but luck has nothing to do with it. They commit to the draft and they do a great job scouting and developing young talent.

I hate the Giants as much as anyone but luck has nothing to do with it. They commit to the draft and they do a great job scouting and developing young talent.

Yeah, I know. If you read any of the threads in ATN, I've actually been pretty complimentary towards them, and their two postseason runs will be legendary. I've also praised the maturation/evolution of Eli Manning. All that suppressed salty-ness had to go somewhere though. :)

One of my minor tailgate pet peeves is watching someone argue a position so poorly it almost hurts :ols:, compared to how much more competently it could be argued (whether it's a position I agree with or not, think is valid or not, or even to what extent)...yet I won't have any real interest in stepping in and using my ES time on it, or might have other good reasons not to...sometimes in those cases, the idea that people reading along or participating might assign "x" credit to the poster(s) "winning" (as opposed to crediting how badly the other side is presenting its case) will give me a moment of "aw jeeez", too.:pfft:

Then I let go of my regularly starved and appropriately shunned inner control freak. :D

Silly kid, you're too young to be jaded. You're just suffering from lingering teenage angst. Then, when you're in the 28-32 range, things will seem alright, then if you let it, the world will again crush you soul.

Meh, my life is pretty good right now. I'm currently in the delayed entry program (Air Force), tying up a few loose ends before I head off to Basic. I guess I read/watch too much news though, as well as observing many other aspects of society/peope in general. From 18-21 I was definitely a little jaded, but now, it's just a general acceptance of the way that the world can be. I have the type of personality where I'd do anything in my power to help an individual/group of individuals if they ever needed it, and I'm a forgiving person, but as far as people are concerned, I can honestly say that I'm not very fond of them.

Meh, my life is pretty good right now. I'm currently in the delayed entry program (Air Force), tying up a few loose ends before I head off to Basic. I guess I read/watch too much news though, as well as observing many other aspects of society/peope in general. From 18-21 I was definitely a little jaded, but now, it's just a general acceptance of the way that the world can be. I have the type of personality where I'd do anything in my power to help an individual/group of individuals if they ever needed it, and I'm a forgiving person, but as far as people are concerned, I can honestly say that I'm not very fond of them.

Well, I guess it's good that you're not concerned for them if you're joining the military, because soon you'll be helping to drop bombs on them.

The Redskins got off to a poor start, but came back twice. They never gave up. I wanted to see that all year last year. I saw it 3 games in. I saw the passion and heart which wasn't there last year. I saw the never-say-die attitude, play till the final whistle. I was proud of the lads out there today. They didn't win, but they lost both of their losses by 7 pts.

Fight hard, leave it all on the field, give it your all. That's all I want to see.

Archived