Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

Oh man, thanks for trying...yeah, doesn't help that it was VHS.

Finding that dang song is one of my holy grails.

Yeah all I could find was an amazon.com link, and a bunch of other malarky. They had one item left in stock, which is surprising in itself. Best thing you could do imo is to get in contact with NFL Films (probably by sending a letter) somehow, and see if they can dig that bad boy out of the vault, or get on the phone with them and see if they have an internal database where they keep track of song credits from all of their videos.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

I just submitted a really dark short story about a woman in an abusive relationship to my creative writing class.

Now I'm concerned it's a bit too violent, a bit too intense and to honest and vulgar. It's getting critiqued on Wednesday so I guess I'll find out...don't need all my peers (/distinguished professor) thinkin I'm totally ****ed up in the head.

Edit: I like it though so I guess it doesn't really matter...

Too much wine tonight.

Edited by RedskinFeathers
I just submitted a really dark short story about a woman in an abusive relationship to my creative writing class.

Now I'm concerned it's a bit too violent, a bit too intense and to honest and vulgar. It's getting critiqued on Wednesday so I guess I'll find out...don't need all my peers (/distinguished professor) thinkin I'm totally ****ed up in the head.

Edit: I like it though so I guess it doesn't really matter...

Too much wine tonight.

I had a similar situation when I was in college. We had to write out our own ending to a short story. Mine was very violent and had the father torturing and killing his wife and kids. After I turned it in, second guessed myself. Then the teacher gave us our stories back and we had to read them in front of the class. I was really nervous. But, everyone enjoyed it and said it was creative and I got an 'A'. I was surprised and worried for nothing.

I had a similar situation when I was in college. We had to write out our own ending to a short story. Mine was very violent and had the father torturing and killing his wife and kids. After I turned it in, second guessed myself. Then the teacher gave us our stories back and we had to read them in front of the class. I was really nervous. But, everyone enjoyed it and said it was creative and I got an 'A'. I was surprised and worried for nothing.

Thanks. It's nice to know I'm not the only one :)

I wanna write crime fiction so it's not gonna be rainbows and daisies and I think I'm kinda struggling to accept how in the heck my mind came up with something so disturbing haha...then I thought about Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and now my story seems tame.

Why are only males required by law to sign up for "selective service"?

Because Congress hasn't changed the legislation.

Are women allowed front line assignments? I know Clinton had it looked at changing back in the 1990s but the ruling was that since women weren't allowed on the front lines, then it wasn't necessary to include them in the selective service registration.

Because Congress hasn't changed the legislation.

Are women allowed front line assignments? I know Clinton had it looked at changing back in the 1990s but the ruling was that since women weren't allowed on the front lines, then it wasn't necessary to include them in the selective service registration.

Still can't be infantry. But they can certainly do work "outside the wire".

Thanks. It's nice to know I'm not the only one :)

I wanna write crime fiction so it's not gonna be rainbows and daisies and I think I'm kinda struggling to accept how in the heck my mind came up with something so disturbing haha...

I used to write short stories similar to that when I was younger, though I always preferred some of the "Torture from within" psychological horror/drama type stuff, but crime drama/mystery as well. I've always been fascinated at how the mind operates, and how certain conditions can make you hallucinate/conjure up all kinds of crazy ****. It's also amazing how you can set a plot, create characters/personalities, etc, and when you have something really good, the story writes itself. It's harder now for me to come up with anything juicy with the medication that I take now, though.

I could be mad as hell that my fiance's sons decided to go out to dinner with their Dad without letting him or I know that I was in the process of cooking dinner for them,but I'm not and I told him go for it. It's more important that they spend as much time with him as possible,(we'll address the formalities with the guys some other time).

Oh and one more time with the Service Unavailable on this site today.......... :mad:

I used to write short stories similar to that when I was younger, though I always preferred some of the "Torture from within" psychological horror/drama type stuff, but crime drama/mystery as well. I've always been fascinated at how the mind operates, and how certain conditions can make you hallucinate/conjure up all kinds of crazy ****. It's also amazing how you can set a plot, create characters/personalities, etc, and when you have something really good, the story writes itself. It's harder now for me to come up with anything juicy with the medication that I take now, though.

Oh I'm obsessed with psychological issues, that's why I wanna do the crime fiction, but with an emphasis on why the "bad guys" do what they do. It's fascinating. I love Criminal Minds.

And yeah, ES hasn't been workin well all day. It keeps making me think it's 4am :silly:

• Jumbo changed the title to Random Thought Thread
  • Jumbo locked this topic
  • Jumbo unlocked this topic